Upper Deck Hostel & Guesthouse

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Upper Deck Hostel & Guesthouse" at 5653 Wharf Road.)

5653 Wharf Road, Sechelt, British Columbia, Canada
49.477400, -123.755163 (accuracy not guaranteed)
+1 (604) 885-5822 or +1 (604) 740-7629

How is Upper Deck Hostel & Guesthouse rated on other websites?

"First Class for a budget" is something else
Now you can't really expect a first class hotel room when you stay in a hostel, but I've stayed in a couple of hostels during my travels and this was definitely not one of my favorites. The common rooms appeared to be untidy (not that it was dirty, but it hadn't been cleaned for a couple of days at least) and when we walked in a rather big dog came to greet us. Not that I have anything against dogs, I just don't like them in my living space -- luckily none of us had an allergy. The room itself hadn't been made, even though we had a reservation, but that is nothing I want to complain about in a hostel. The size of the room in turn was approximately the size of the double bed in there. So there wasn't really room to put your backpacks anywhere (there wasn't even a chair in there because it was so small) which didn't make the room any more inviting. Taking into account all that, the price of $35 per Person, for a private room seems a little bit too high by my standards. Again, I am aware of the fact that I stayed in a hostel and not a hotel, but for that price I actually had a couple of hostels that were more like hotels, especially if you advertise the following: " 'This truly is First class accommodation for the budget traveler'. (my mother-in-law)" -- see description. Overall I'll give 3 stars because we had a decent place to stay for the night, a working shower and a kitchen that provided all we needed for our breakfast. But I'm not too sure if I would stay here again.
(Germany)