Royal Mile Backpackers, Edinburgh

Grassmarket
9.1

Royal Mile Backpackers is listed at the following booking sites:

Hostelworld HostelsClub Booking.com

How is Royal Mile Backpackers rated on booking websites?

Royal Mile Backpackers Reviews

Kind person and good location

People are so kindly, it is not far away from train station, it is clean and comfortable.

Hui hua
2013-07-08
Age 42 | Taiwan

Clean and chilled, good lockers -- location great

Beds comfy, great location -- 5 mins from main station. chilled but helpful staff. Traveling alone, so good places to sit and meet ppl. Showers great. Lockers safe and secure. Would definitely recommend.

Natalie
2012-06-30
Australian

Awesome!

I loved this hostel. My friend and I stayed here for two nights this past March (2008), and had a blast. The staff were extremely knowledgeable and very friendly. We met lots of great people, and the whole place had a fun, relaxed vibe to it. We stayed in a 4 bed room, and it was spacious, and the beds were comfortable and clean. The bathrooms were small, but very clean. And for about 8 pounds a night, you can't go wrong. I plan on staying here next time I'm in Edinburgh, and I've told all my friends who plan on visiting to stay here. Great hostel, great people, great price. This place helped make my stay awesome!

Mandy
2008-06-01
United States

Good Introduction to Hostels

Being a senior and never having never stayed in a Hostel before, I thought I would try one on my trip to Scotland Sep 2006. I found the staff very helpful (toted my big bag up the narrow stairs) and the kitchen facilities were just great. Room in the fridge for perishables and they were not touched. Since I had brought my own coffee, tea, and cereal, cannot comment on the available breakfasts for a charge. I ended up in a dorm type of room (four double bunks) with the bathroom just down the hall, which suited me fine. There were never more than four of us at a time so I didn't feel crowded. Train Station just down the road and the City bus tours across from it. Good pubs and shopping nearby. Would definitely stay there again if visiting Edinburgh but if the staff are planning a party, ask for a room further from the reception and dining room, as they do know how to party.

Ilene Terry
2007-09-16
Canada

Situated on Scotland's most famous street, our small, intimate hostel gives easy access to the city's wonderful sights, scenery and nightlife. We have helpful, friendly receptionists, are open late all year with 24hr access, just a short walk from bus and train, and on the MacBackpackers Hostel Bus Service route.

Address: 105 High Street, Grassmarket, Edinburgh, Lothian, Scotland

Genders: Males & Females

Min. Age with Parent (dorms): 18

Min. Age with Parent (private room): 18

Maximum Stay: 7 nights

Reception Hours: 6:30 AM - 3 AM (06:30-03:00)

Size: Medium (30-60 beds)

Rate Royal Mile Backpackers