Samesun Venice Beach, Los Angeles

Venice Beach
7.6

Samesun Venice Beach is listed at the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Booking.com

How is Samesun Venice Beach rated on booking websites?

Samesun Venice Beach Reviews

Not so good hostel, but ok,

The hostel is really a trap in the ass, but the good thing is that it's located quite good if you like the beach. Otherwise, some of the staff was nice, but some where really awful and not good at all. The atmosphere is ok. In general it's pretty ok if you want to have somewhere to sleep, but not more than that.

#
Fahmi James Amer
2014-12-02
Age 23 | Sweden

Great location, helpful staff, good fun

I wanted to stay by the coast in LA and you don't get much closer to the beach than at SameSun Venice. You're right by the boardwalk and straight onto the sand. it is a long way to Downtown and Hollywood, so if that's your thing you'd be better off elsewhere. The rooms weren't spotless, but nothing terrible, and the sheets were clean and the bed comfortable. It had about as much space as you could reasonably expect in a four bed dorm. There's free wifi but it is pretty slow, and free breakfast but that appears just to be tea/coffee and toast. Better than nothing but I've been to plenty of hostels where the breakfast is free and a lot more exciting. The staff were really helpful and friendly, and the hostel runs activities every evening which make it good for meeting people.

Anna
2014-02-16
Age 33 | United Kingdom

Close to the action

Me and my wife had a really good time at Samesun, it was close to LAX and right in the middle of Venice beach with everything within walking distance. There are plenty of convenience stores and places to eat whether they be cheap or more high priced. The bike hire right outside the door was awesome we paid $18 for a full days hire and we manged to ride all the way to either end of the bike track. It was a very social atmosphere and we met and partied with people from all around the world at the hostel, we had a private room with ensuite and we were very lucky to have a room facing the beach which was awesome. I would stay here again anytime I'm in LA.

Mahu
2013-05-23
Age 33 | Australia

Nice location, poor hostel

The staff were nice, after a couple of days. But be warned -- if you like to cook your own food, or don't like cigarette smoke, scratch this hostel off your list. The common area is smoking, and the smoke filters through the whole hostel. The "kitchen" has 2 plug-into-the-wall stove elements and plastic forks. The rooms are OK. They are resting on location as the selling point, but there are so many better hostels out there.

2010-04-09
australian

Great place to stay in the heart of Venice beach.

I initially booked a bed for two days just to check it out and ended up staying two weeks. The staff are super friendly. The General Manager, Kerry, is the heart and soul of the whole operation and a real sweetheart. She upgraded me to an ocean view room gratis. A comfy bed, ocean view, and cool roommates made for a great experience. Great energy, great people, a really great place to stay.

#
Daniel R.
2009-12-13
USA/ Ireland

Forget to change my reservation, charged me $90, and never refund me

They forget to postpone my reservation in spite of they sent me a confirmation it had been changed. When we came in the hotel they had no room for us and charged us $90 because "we where supposed to come the day before." Then they admit this was their fault and told us we would be refund the $90 -- they never did. We sent fifteen-plus more emails and called them a couple of time, they almost never replied to email and didn't remember us! Don't stay here, they are not serious and not reliable!

Louisa B
2009-10-08
France

Just Badass

I had the most amazing time in Venice, and its mostly because of this hostel. The people there were just awesome and friendly. everybody was like one big family and it's impossible for you to get bored! if you're planning on going to L.A., the Venice beach cotel is where you should stay! its just badass.

Julien
2009-09-13
Canada

Best Hostel we had on our West coast Roadtrip

We traveled for two months all along the west coast and this hostel has been the best so far! The location is super awesome. You can see the beach from the lobby! The rooms were very clean (Daily Maid Service), we had a bathroom in our four-bed dorm. The staff were amazing as well. Very friendly and there is a party in the lobby everyday and you can drink and smoke in the lobby. Afterwards the staff takes you to the nearest pub/bar. The thing I liked most was the security. You have to ring the bell each time you enter and say your room number/name. Sometimes they even check your room key to make sure you're not a guest, which I really liked.

Adam K. // Andreas S.
2009-08-05
Switzerland

The Venice Beach Cotel is right on the Venice Boardwalk. You can't get closer to the beach without being in the Ocean. Boogie boards and paddle tennis gear is available for use by guests for free.
We are also within easy walking distance to a wide variety of Venice's cafes, bars and restaurants.
All guests must show a valid passport on check-in.

Address: 25 Windward Avenue, Venice Beach, Los Angeles, California, USA

Samesun Venice Beach is listed on the following booking sites:

Website Samesun Venice Beach Los Angeles www.venicebeachcotel.com
Phone Number: +1 (310) 399-7649

Bike Rental

ATM

Size: Medium (30-60 beds)

Rate Samesun Venice Beach