Nomads All Nations, Melbourne

Central
8.4

A True Boutique Hostel

your hostels in Melbourne

Do you want to book your hostel online?

Check out Hostelworld.com

How is Nomads All Nations rated on booking websites?

Nomads All Nations Reviews

Great staff

Staff here are great at helping make new friends. Sharan and Sander were really helpful and Luke at the bar was super friendly. Really enjoyed my stay!!!! Hope to come back.

Age 21 | Australia

Great staff

Staff go out of their way to help you. The location is really good too. Thanks to Tegan and Sharan for helping me out even though they were super busy!!

Age 21 | Chile

Great staff

The staff are really friendly and play the best tunes to get the party started! Cheers Sharon, Sander, Luke, and Kamila for the wicked stay

Age 24 | England

Great staff

This place feels like home. I've been staying here many months and Sander, Luke and Sharan are like family.

This place has made Melbourne for me!!!!

Age 19 | Estonia

Don't even think about using the kitchen

The first thing you will notice about this place is that everyone looks miserable unless they are in the bar drinking. That is because it is a miserable place to stay. The dorms are packed with long-term people, nothing wrong with that, but that means they aren't cleaned. The kitchen ... filthy, tiny, forget about cooking anything there. Even a cup of tea was difficult. The good thing is, the place is so crappy, you will not want to spend any more time there than absolutely necessary, forcing you to get out and see the city.

Melinda
2014-02-13
Age 39 | US

Great potential

Nomads is the second best hostel I've stayed at. The vibe is awesome, it's like walking into a decent bar, there's lights decent music the people are really friendly apart from one curly headed f*** under the name of mass, he's only interested in girls which is I am too but there's no need to be a stuck up c*nt and ignore lads when he's meant to be there to make everyone time more enjoyable. Although its expensive even for a 10 bed dorm, it's fairly spacious and very clean. People are always hoovering or mopping the floors. The toilets and showers are always clean which is good because I'm OCD with dirty toilets. They always have things going on at night like beer pong tournaments, mario karts on the wii, pool comps. Always got deals at the bar. Always chances to win bar tabs or trips. Nomads downfall is that the beds are hideously squeaky!!! And some of the pillows are pretty much f***ed! They also don't have a chill out area like communal tv room, although they have a cinema room but this is films in silence. If you want to chill with a few friends you end up spending loads at the bar because that's the only place to go. The bar or bed, and nobody wants to go to bed early right? Nomads is in a good location for people who work in the cbd or want to visit the Victoria market. Literally 2 minute walk. It's close to maccas for all you fattys. They need to get their licence so the bar can stay open longer, it shuts at 1 which isn't late enough for the vibe that it gives off. Showers on level 3 and 5 are the only ones that give off any kind of hot water. The kitchen is way too small for the amount of people staying but the kitchen is always clean which is awesome. Keep your key cards away from your phone or credit card because the chips in them will disable them and you will be embarrassed after getting out the shower and realising you can't get back into your room, you will have to take a trip to reception in your towel and ask them to fix it. True story. But all in all I highly recommend nomads hostel, it's an awesome place to come if you are a flashpacker and you don't want to stay in an absolute hole! Spend a little more and get loads back!

#
Ron
2013-08-15
Age 22 | English

Avoid this hostel at all costs

This hostel has so may problems I'm surprised it hasn't yet been shut down. The hostel is located very far from the city center (which I learned only after I booked it) and much farther away than the other hostels in Melbourne. The management really doesn't care about the backpackers and actually seems to enjoy ruining your holiday once they have your money. I've backpacked all over the world and the travel desk which is "Mad Travel Shop" (company name but part of the hostel) is the worst I've ever encountered. The travel person booked a day tour for me and told me it would arrive back at the hostel at 6 p.m. so I would have plenty of time to get my flight to Cairns at 9:30 p.m. While I was on the tour the tour guide told me we would not get back to the hostel until at least 9:15 p.m. and the hostel screwed up by not telling me that. I spent all day on my cellphone (very expensive at international rates) trying to get the hostel and Mad Travel Shop to help me get another flight and they would not even return my phone calls or let me speak to the manager. I arrived back at the hostel too late for my flight, missed my flight that I already paid for and the management did not even try to put me on another flight early the next day. They told me I had to go in the next morning and talk to the manager. When I arrived at his office the manager would not even talk to me but instead had the travel person tell me I would have to take another 9:30 p.m. flight that night or pay big money for an earlier flight. So I was stuck in Melbourne, lost a day travel time, and got stuck with huge cell phone charges I incurred because of the hostel's unwillingness to help correct their mistakes. Avoid this hostel and save yourself the time, money and hassle that goes along with it. There are too many other better choices in Melbourne so stay away from Nomads and learn from my mistake.

Carl
2009-01-25
United States

Crap

Check in took half an hour because the staff couldn't work out the internet booking, seemed like it was too complicated, and the booking wasn't made for the correct type of room. then I was asked to change rooms half way through my booking as they couldn't give me the same bed so I wasn't happy as I had to leave the first room by 10 a.m. and then couldn't check back in until 2 p.m. at the earliest. rooms were very cramped, second room was worse, and the other backpackers kept letting in males in the rooms on the girls only floor to do everything they could in their bunk together. Bar drinkers got louder as the night went on so the entire hostel was really noisy. Others in the room kept banging on the door to be let in as reception wouldn't give them another key because they were too drunk on the free glasses of champange they had each in an hour at the bar. Bathrooms were constantly dirty and didn't look like they were cleaned properly in the two days I stayed as I left early one night at midnight to stay in a hotel. Worst backpacker stay ever. Don't bother to get a refund as it was made clear on check in that no refunds would be given.

Sarah
2009-01-17
NZ

Melbourne's newest Flashpackers "Nomads Industry" is OPEN and now offers its guests a FREE NIGHTLY MEAL. The totally refurbished building, which is located at 196-198 A'Beckett St, right in front of the Victoria markets, will show a new dimension to backpackers in Melbourne.

Featuring ensuite Deluxe Kings & Twins, Triples, Family Rooms, as well as 4-10 dorm share rooms with accessibility access. Nomads Industry also houses it own "Princess Wing", which offers exclusive dorms for women, separate bathrooms with huge mirrors, hair dyers and washing facilities.

Its features and services include a 24 hour reception, security swipe cards, Cinema room, kitchen & laundry facilities, lockers in all dorm rooms, internet, travel & tour desk. It also features a funky and spacious café/bar "Industry" that is cutting edge sleek and offer coffees, pub meals and a stylish bar.

Address: 196-198 A'Beckett Street, Central, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Digital Nomads

Family-Friendly Hostel

Quiet Rest

Towels ($5)

Wi-Fi in Lobby/Commons ($4)

Wi-Fi in Rooms ($4)

Walking Tours

Genders: Males & Females

Min. Age with Parent (dorms): 16

Min. Age with Parent (private room): All Ages

Size: Very Large (100+ beds)

Rate Nomads All Nations