Castaway's Backpackers Cairns, Cairns

Cairns North
9.2

Castaway's Backpackers Cairns is listed at the following booking sites:

Booking.com Hostelworld HostelsClub

How is Castaway's Backpackers Cairns rated on booking websites?

Castaway's Backpackers Cairns Reviews

Very comfortable, outstanding customer service.

The overall comfort of the place is great, it is excellent value for money, and the most outstanding feature is the staff give outstanding customer service. I highly recommend this place to stay.

Michelle Sommerville
2012-01-28
Australian

Friendly and helpful

Tho this hostel was a little way out of town -- 15 min walk -- they did provide free transport on a regular basis. There was also a voucher for a free meal at the Woolshed in town which was quite adequate and a bit of a bonus when short of cash. Close to other takeaway option. Rooms were clean, not too cramped. The kitchen was well supplied with cooking implements and a shelf/fridge of free stuff left by others which was very handy. Free Wi-fi was great and nice to be able to sit out on the verandas in the hot evenings. Didn't use the pool, tho there was small one to cool off in.

2010-09-13
NZ

Excellent hostel and I recommend it widely.

This is the best hostel where I have stayed. The staff was very kindly, they made me feel in home and they helped me a lot. I really recommend castaways backpackers, the hostel is very clean, the rooms are nice, and they have all the services mentioned in their review. Also being aware of the time you arrive, despite the flight arrives late at night. I am very grateful to all members of Castaway's backpackers.

2010-08-23
Mexican

Definitely recommend that one!

Really nice and helpful staff and impossibly clean kitchen where you could even use frying pans (really nice). Free wine and cheese night twice a week where you could meet other people. First, we planned to stay only 2 nights, but ended up staying a week, We just loved it!

2010-08-11
Slovenia

OUTSTANDING!

We often stay in hostels when traveling (by preference) and this has been one of my favourites. Rooms are clean and beds are great, facilities are awesome and they really make you feel at home. (airport pickups, city dropoffs, free meals at the Woolshed, wine & cheese night). The staff couldn't do enough for us, helping us book trips and try to arrange out-of-the-way activities, and made our stay so much better. Thanks Erin & Laura!!

2010-07-19
Australia

Brilliant!

Quality hostel!! Definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed in. the place is always really clean, the staff are friendly and helpful, and the rooms and communal areas are great. It's a nice size hostel, not too big but not too small, ideal for getting to know new people.

Duncan
2010-04-04
English

Best hostel of my travel

This is one of the best hostels I have been to in Australia, very nice and helpful staff, a free bus, and free meals -- a lot to do. I would recommend it!

Ann
2010-01-12
Germany

Brilliant

We had an amazing stay here, all the staff were really friendly and helpful with any trips we wanted to organise. The owner Leslie was an absolute diamond and went out of her way to be helpful, she even suggested we could come back and shower in the hostel before flying out from cairns a week after we would have checked out! good location too, free bus to and from town centre and a comfy living room and clean kitchen, what more could a backpacker ask for!

Anna
2009-12-02
British

Castaways is a small, clean and fiendly family run hostel, Our comment book constantly states the best hostel in oz.
Castaways has a very laid back atmosphere where people can relax by the pool or on one of our large outdoor decks when recovering from their exciting trips to the reef or rainforest.
We offer a FREE restauraunt meal nightly, FREE Pick-up, FREE Email, FREE Wine and cheese nights, FREE Tea and coffee.
WE DON'T HAVE BUNK BEDS.
We have a fully equipped kitchen, Full laundry facilities, Safe and Luggage storage, VCR Lounge and FREE Courtesy Bus to the city.
ONSITE Tour desk with experienced staff that have done all the tours!!!.

Address: 207 Sheridan Street, Cairns North, Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Darts

Swimming Pool

Videogames

Reception Hours: 7.30am - 8pm

Size: Medium (30-60 beds)

Rate Castaway's Backpackers Cairns