Albergue da Juventude Praia de Iracema Hostel

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Albergue da Juventude Praia de Iracema Hostel" at Avenida Almirante Barosso 998.)

Avenida Almirante Barosso 998, Fortaleza, Ceará, Brazil
-3.720289, -38.513882 (accuracy not guaranteed)
(+85) 3219-3267
(+85) 3219-3720

How is Albergue da Juventude Praia de Iracema Hostel rated on other websites?

This hostel in Fortaleza must qualify for being the one with the least in atmosphere or look in the world. I thought hostels that were members of the Hostelling International association had to meet certain requirements. This one should not be allowed to have the logo. Did I sound negative? Well maybe, but go there and you will see. The old building had plenty of potential but really needs a manager who knows what a hostel should look like. I was the only guest, which did not really suprise me. Just like in the old fashiond days I had to rent the sheets and pillow for a few reals. Not a big problem, but that total cost for a dorm bed came to an amount that could have given me a private room on any of the nicer looking pousadas down the street. Why I did not move? Well, I wanted to write an update for this website and thought it might be an experience to stay in an emtpy hostel. I had the whole six bed bunk room to myself. The window opened on a noisy street. There were small wooden lockers in the room, which is a plus. Another plus has to go to the good shower with hot water and toilet that is in every dormitory. Reception was friendly enough, but there is no common room really to while a way an evening or have a drink after partying. The location, just off the beach, westside Praia do Meireless is a plus and the area appeared quite safe to me as well, even at night. Like I said above, consider staying in any other place on this road unless you work for HI and can stay for free.
Edwin van de Koolwijk