Hostal Hermano Pedro, Guatemala City

zona 13
6.7

Hostal Hermano Pedro is listed at the following booking sites:

It is the only way to book Hostal Hermano Pedro

How is Hostal Hermano Pedro rated on booking websites?

Hostal Hermano Pedro Reviews

Bizarre Experience

I do not recommend this hostel. The owner accused me of lying to her due to her eavesdropping and misunderstanding a conversation I was having with my girlfriend in English. When I explained the situation to her son, he apologized. However the owner then came into my room and made bizarre comments to my girlfriend that made us both feel quite uncomfortable. I will not return under any circumstances. There was also no hot water and the prices quoted online were not honored.

ed
2009-03-26
usa

A perfect place if you are stuck in Guatemala City! We had to wait two days for our luggage when we arrived at Guatemala Airport. I called the Hostel from the Airport and we were picked up immediately. The hostel is very spacious including a terrace with nice view. Breakfast was great. The people there tried to help us as much as they could. And finally if you will have the same problem as we had -- the airport is in walking distance and the way there seems to be quite safe during the day.

Tanja
2007-05-02
Germany

Don't let the low price sell this place short. The owners go out of their way to help in any way. The food is fantastic, home cooked. On a moment's notice they will pick you up at the airport and treat you like family. This place is clean, safe and I can never say enough about our stay! We will be back.

Tammy Murray, Washington DC
2005-03-21

We arrived at Guatemala City airport late and with no hotel reservations. There was a mix up at the Taca airlines, but the great people from Rasca airway called Arturo and he came to get us and take us to his home. It's a friendly, clean and safe place, and Arturo and his family are so kind. His mother even went to the pharmacy for my 9-year-old daughter. It's a very family place, right down to the sisters cooking and first communion picture on the wall. I would rather take my family here than to the finest castle in London. The pictures don't do his home justice; the flowers his mother and sisters grow are a sight in their own right. They even have TV in English. My son was so thrilled. If you have the chance stop in and say hello. They also have a home in El Remente, close to Tikal!

Tammy Murray, Washington, D.C.
2005-03-03

Hostal Hermano Pedro Reviews from the Web

Liked: Pleasant hotel with airport pickup  Disliked: With all I was satisfied
Michal Franz
2014-04-08
Liked: Great hostel if youre coming in from or headed to the airport. If youre going anywhere else, the location isnt idea.

Staff was super friendly and picked us up at the airport. Great breakfast.  Disliked: Michelle left no negative feedback.

Michelle Metzler
2013-12-02
Liked: In a secure neighborhood. The staff were usually willing to make phone calls for you (for taxi service, food).  Disliked: The owner asked me to switch rooms after 2 days, saying the new one would be quieter. I wasn't clear on her reasoning, but agreed. She made a big deal about just having fumigated in there, which concerned me. I got bitten a lot by something in that room- the old one seemed cleaner, brighter, and had a much better bathroom. It almost made me feel that she thought I could deal with poorer conditions, while others couldn't.

The location isn't bad if you're looking to stay a night or two and want to be near the airport. It's annoying if you stay longer, as it's so far from much of the city. As a solo female traveler, I kept safety in mind and would try to get back by dark. Due to the time of year, this meant eating dinner at the hostel, where the only options were delivery from fast food places or an expensive American restaurant.

2013-01-18
Liked: The location is convenient as it is close to the airport (about a 15 minute walk) and very safe (there are two watchmen who guard the entry and exit of visitors to the community). The house itself is pretty and the rooms are spacious and very clean and tidy (never saw a cockroach or other insects!). Note, they provide hand soap and towels for use but not shampoo. The breakfasts are delicious and include eggs, beans, bread, coffee and juice. There is internet for Q5 quetzales per 30 minutes or double for 1 hour and the computer is semi-fast. The staff is absolutely wonderful! They picked me up at the airport at 11:oo PM at night and took me back at 5:00am in the morning with a smile on their face and free of charge. Note, I speak fluent Spanish and therefore am not sure about the staffs level of English though from what I could overhear, they get along fine with others who dont speak Spanish well.  Disliked: Nothing to dislike.
Itxel Castro-Soto
2012-09-02
Liked: Extremely clean and secure. Staff was very helpful and went above and beyond to assist me in my travels. Breakfast was included and dinner was available at a bargain price. The decor was quite nice for a cheap hostel. I would highly recommend to anyone traveling on a budget!  Disliked: No complaints!
Danna Freedman-Shara
2012-05-13
Liked: Upon arrival in Guatamala, TACA lost my baggage. I was held up for 3 days waiting, and making quick walks to the airport. During that stay, she did her best to get a hold of TACA for me in Spanish, as I dont speak a word. The place is run from a home, that is in, a gated and guarded community. Saftey was never questioned in my mind. It is a 15min walk to the airport (note: you cannot hear the airport at all). The prices are good, and the service prompt, with laundry, home cooked meals, and any and all advice you can think of.

If you wanna party and go out ect... this place is prolly not the best.

However, if you are simply looking for a good, safe, convienent, quiet "base camp" in order to explore the city, for a cupple days, or as no hassle place to stay, if only passing through. I would definatly reccomend it.

+WiFi & International Phone  Disliked: Isabelle... You need a new computer!!! ;-p

Oliver Koslik
2012-02-22
Liked: They forgot to pick us up at the airport, but after a call they shoed up right away. I think they missed the booking so we did not get the room we payed for. Other than that the staff was helpful and nice and the common area was fine. If youre just staying for a short time in guatemala City this is a good place.  Disliked: No warm showers, but thats something you better get used if you are budget travelling in central america.
2011-10-22
Liked: Excellent breakfast, the lady who runs the hostel is lovely and helpful and they collect you from the airport for free which is good. Very close to the airport so good place to stay if you are only having a stopover in the city.  Disliked: The lady's son who dealt with our queries seemed only too happy to help and organised our trip to Semuc Champey ... however the info he gave us was wrong, and we felt a little like he had conned us slightly - be aware when booking things through this hostel, especially if your Spanish is not very good.
2011-03-25
Liked: very helpfull stuff  Disliked: Customer left no negative feedback.
2010-04-25
Liked: The staff was courtious and their assistant to me as a first time traveller to Guatemala was excellent  Disliked: Ayna Gary left no negative feedback.
Ayna Gary Joseph
2010-03-24
Liked: I liked the quiet atmosphere, all clean and comfortable, very private and very helpful stuff. Breakfast was amazing!! it was free, the same as the ride from the airport so you dont have to worry about safety, it is very safe!  Disliked: Monica left no negative feedback.
Monica Gor
2009-08-21
Liked: Home-made breakfast included, helpfulness of the staff (good advice and courtesy money exchange) and airport pick-up service (however, we had to pay the parking fee).  Disliked: Daniel left no negative feedback.
Daniel Karczewski
2009-08-01
Liked: Safe, friendly, helpful, convenient to airport  Disliked: Customer left no negative feedback.
2009-07-28
Liked: The helpful owner  Disliked: Charlotte left no negative feedback.
Charlotte Cronk
2009-06-25
Liked: Very friendly service with perfect airport - pickup and - return early in the morning. Thanks!  Disliked: Customer left no negative feedback.
2009-06-14
Liked: good hostel, i recommend it!  Disliked: Andrey left no negative feedback.
Andrey Terekhovski
2009-06-03
Liked: Free airport pickup  Disliked: Customer left no negative feedback.
2009-03-03
Liked: great service that we got picked up from the airport, which went totally safe and fast.a very nice house and big, spacious rooms  Disliked: Armin left no negative feedback.
Armin Rotzler
2009-02-20
Liked: We were collected from the airport en the following day at 5 am they brought us back to it.  Disliked: Customer left no negative feedback.
2009-01-09
Liked: very clean, great breakfast  Disliked: lauren left no negative feedback.
lauren dibbs
2008-10-29

If you wish to visit restaurants or you need to go to a bank or you need to go to a mall, they are at 10 minutes in taxi. You can take the bus on the bus station that is just a few steps from us (bus no. 83), and go anywhere in the city like the historical center or the National Palace, Central Park or Metropolitan Cathedral (Catholic Church) which has a single cost of US$0.15

services:

* cheap taxi service
* restaurant service
* national and international phone calls service
* fax
* Internet
* laundry service
* parking service
* Tourist assistance
* airplane ticket to Tikal
* Private Bus Tickets to Antigua Guatemala US$ 11.00 one way ticket and Panajachel (Atitlan Lake) US% 21.00 one way ticket.

Hostal Hermano Pedro Guatemala is the best alternative of lodging economic familiar type for the national and international tourism, we are located at 2 minutes from the international airport "La Aurora" and to 5 minutes from the National Airport. If you wish to visit the Museums, the Zoo or the craft market, you can go to any of them in just 20 minutes just walking.

Address: 6a. Avenue 20-53, Colonia Aurora II, zona 13, Guatemala City, Guatemala

Hostal Hermano Pedro is listed on the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Not listed at Booking.com Not listed at HostelsClub

Website Hostal Hermano Pedro Guatemala City (if you know the URL of their website, let us know and we'll add it)
Phone Number: (502)23324474

Currency Exchange

Size: Small (less than 30 beds)

Rate Hostal Hermano Pedro