Dahab Hostel, Cairo

8.7

Dahab Hostel is listed at the following booking sites:

Hostelworld HostelsClub

How is Dahab Hostel rated on booking websites?

Dahab Hostel Reviews

Excellent

This place is just great! Very nice atmosphere. When they say "your oasis in town" the actually mean it. The hostel is located on a rooftop in downtown, just a stone throw away from the Egyptian museum. The rooftop location gives you more distance to the extremely noisy streets, a tiny bit of fresher air and plenty of space for plenty of plants all around the many cozy corners to chill and relax after exploring hectic cairo life. The rooms are basic but have everything you will need. The mattresses are very good. The toilets and showers are clean. The wifi works. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They offer breakfast and beverages for an acceptable price. Overall a very good place to stay at!!!

anonymous
2019-04-24

Absolutely fabulous! would definitely recommend.

I stayed at the dahab Hostel for about a month during my travels in Egypt. The staff is super friendly and will help you in anything that you need. You can meet a bunch of travelers here and hear their travel stories. It is ideal for backpackers. Being a solo female backpacker, I felt completely safe at Dahab hostel. I had the best time in Cairo due to my stay at Dahab hostel.

anonymous
2017-03-06

Dishonest, didn't honor booking or prices listed on websites.

They were not honest about the price. They will take your reservation on the phone only to tell you when you get there at the room you booked is not available. Then you will have to pay for a room that cost twice the price. They make you pay in advance or won't hold your room. They reuse the sheets and blankets. Lots of flies. No Towels. This hostel was taken out of the guidebook this year for a reason.

Owen Sphinx
2009-12-20
Canada

Swell -- It's Egyptian

I think that Dahab is a decent place. It is far from perfect -- not 100% clean or modern or whatever. The location is amazing as is the rooftop. I could stay there forever.

C Star
2007-11-12

Scary, very scary

I stayed here back in March 2002. I didn't mind the location -- very good position. I didn't even mind climbing all those stairs to get to the rooftop -- a bit of exercise is great. What I did mind was the men loitering around the toilets at night. The toilets were filthy -- there was so much built-up muck below the waterline that the toilets barely flushed. They also spent a lot of time sleeping on the lounge near the reception counter. When my brother arrived here a few days before me, the guys at the reception desk were very excited and seemed to go out of their way to rip him off. He learnt a lot on this trip! When I arrived, they hassled my brother into asking me to buy them alcohol duty-free. My tip -- don't climb the stairs. My only hope is that the past 5 years have improved the place somewhat.

Axerati
2007-09-14
Australia

The hostel rooms are quite small and dirty as is the roof area, which is covered in dirt, dust, and broken furniture. There are two computers in the internet room, only one worked when I was there. There are no longer any sheeshas available and the seating areas are not particularly comfortable. The hostel could be amazing if they made the roof top nice, lights in the plants, cushions, tent type coverings and sheeshas, but instead it is just a mess of dust and dirt. As with all hostels though, its the people that make it, the staff are all good, and the travelers I found there where all good fun too! Also this is Egypt, so it's not going to be the Ritz for only 25 Egyptian pounds a night.

Jim
2007-04-03
England

Everything about the place was great exept for the endless smell of cat piss on the beds.

keegan
2006-04-21

It's like an oasis in that huge crowded strange city of Cairo!

Sarah
2006-03-19

Dahab Hostel Reviews from the Web

Amazing hostel with an amazing staff. They were very helpful with everything.

alexmccann456135
2022-07-30

Loved staying here! The staff were very kind and the hostel was really chill. The rooftop is great and if youre a fan of cats youll love it!

matthewpanetta65596
2022-07-28

No complaints - standard, tidy hostel with decent private rooms for a cheap price. Rooftop area is spacious, there's a booze shop right next door so you can have a few beers on the rooftop after a day of sightseeing. Staff were super friendly and helpful.

jonahsanz5204
2022-07-22

Hostel was fantastic & the staff go above & beyond to help!

Even after checking out they assisted me with tours around to Luxor, Aswan & Abu Simbel, even organized a bus for me to finish my trip.

Cant acknowledge them enough & my main main Muhammad who sat & spoke with me while I worked night shift / ordered me breakfast & gave overall tips of what to do & see in Egypt !

If you go to Cairo, head down here first!

2022-07-19

Great location, good prices for single and double rooms. But false advertising- the private rooms do not have air conditioning, its just a small fan which is wildly insufficient for the 40 degree heat of Cairo. The dorms have AC and I ended up moving there. Also, quite weak showers and the kitchen couldve been cleaner. But for the price and the location (and the beautiful rooftop terrace), you might as well stay here.

ellahalpernmatthews3043
2022-06-30

A really good place for the price, I recommend for young people or traveling solo

a3XBqsYHfVBgzIwh
2022-06-24

I would definitely recommend Dahab hostel again and again. The beautiful rooftop is perfect for chilling and meeting new people and the staff is always there to answer at any question and help you make your trip easier and cozier!

antoukas926829
2022-06-24

Really nice hostel on the rooftop of a building. Nice decoration and atmosphere, and cute cats everywhere. The rooms are correct and at a very good price. But above all, the staff is really really nice, helpful and caring. I recommend for all travelers !

juliette_rousseau1762
2022-06-22

Cool hostel in a good location in Downtown Cairo. Close to Egyptian Museum and Metro stop. Staff were fantastic when I was there. Good breakfast also.

DanMakepeace
2022-06-19

Cute space, great location, and LOVELY staff

dasmitstm4348
2022-06-15

, . !

itaivardi253652
2022-06-06

Amazing hostel to stay at. The staff and atmosphere is amazing!

sllamosas19963127
2022-06-04

We loved our stay at Dahab Hostel! The staff were lovely, breakfast had the best foul we have ever eaten and there were tiny little kittens all over the place which was adorable. We did a tour to al-faiyoum through the hostel and it was absolutely amazing, lovely guide, great value for money, beautiful national park. We extended our stay and would definitely come again!

rosierichards74411
2022-05-28

Lovely hostel in Cairo. Located on 7th floor (there is an elevator). Booked a private room for 2 people, room was very small but fine for 2 nights. Beds were comfy. Breakfast is good. Highlight of this hostel is the common areas. Great rooftop for chilling, socializing with other guests. Good views over Cairo.

geric88
2022-05-27

It is a very authentic hostel. You get a nice view of the roof top buildings and sunset. They offer a pickup service for a good price, which made my short trip much easier. The only concern was the internet that didnt work well inside the rooms. It will definitely be my stay in Cairo next time!

thiagobalduino6808
2022-05-26

Incredible Stay

Jimmyrradwan770
2022-05-22

We stayed 3 nights and loved it! Dahab was located on a rooftop, which was very cool and a nice getaway from the busy city. Its location was downtown close to many many things. Additionally, the staff was incredible. They accommodated our very late check-in, stored our luggage during a two-day trip in the desert, and provided a low-cost ride to and from the airport. Great value for the price. We highly recommend it!

carolinejochum
2022-05-21

Really like my stay in this great hostel, with a great vibe! If I would be back in Dahab, this will be my place. Recomend everyone to stay in my hostel in Dahab. Amazing rooftop, and great Staff!

mrdedekam3407
2022-05-13

Very clean, safe and friendly hostel. Nice, improvised rooftop and really clean shared facilities. Sleeping rooms are a bit small and basic, but provide everything you need for some calm nights. It is possible to get a delicious homemade breakfast. We really enjoyed our stay there and can recommend it to other backpackers.

luluib512
2022-05-12

Good vibes

Great location

Helpful staff

Fair rooms

The place needs some renovations and it would be much better

Evriem
2022-05-12

Services

Internet Café
Laundry services.
Kitchen for continental breakfast, and mineral water, coffee, tea.
International telephone calls cabinet
super friendly team of employees.
Billiard table (free of charge).

Special Services:

Dahab Hotel is more than happy to store your luggage free of charge in our safe well secured storage rooms for a day - a week or even a month till you finish all your sight-seeing all over Egypt. So, go ahead & finish your trip, have fun & sleep well knowing that you don't have to carry your luggage all over the place with you. We assist you to get student, youth, teacher card from ISIC in Cairo if you have evidence .Hotels reservations in Aswan, Luxor, Oasis and Dahab. Train and bus tickets.

Facilities:

* No lockout
* Lift / Elevator available
* BBQ Area
* Taxes included in price

Dahab Hotel was established on 1997, it has 39 rooms around the top roof of the building. Most of the rooms are double with shower and without; one bed, 2 separate beds, and single rooms are available. Some rooms have got 3-4 & 6 beds, designed especially for families with children and groups of multiple beds needs. Our reception is open 24 hours / day, 7 days / week. Dahab Hotel is a collection of whitewashed huts on the top roof attempting to recreate the feel of Sinai beach camp in unremittingly urban Downtown Cairo.

• Directions to Dahab Hotel:-
• From Abdel Menem Riyad Sq. Please take the road to Mahmoud Bassiouny St.
• From Tal'aat Herb Sq. Please take the road to Mahmoud Bassiouny St
• (Groppi on the corner) Building No.26- Rooftop – across from Thomas Cook.
• Take the Elevator to 6th floor, and stairs to roof top 7th floor.

Address: 26th Mahmoud Bassiouny St. from Talaat Harb Square, Downtown. Rooftop 7th floor., Cairo, Egypt

Dahab Hostel is listed on the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Not listed at Booking.com HostelsClub

Website Dahab Hostel Cairo www.dahabhostel.com
Phone Number: +20 2 2579 9104

Safe Deposit Box

Currency Exchange

Elevator/Lift

Reception Hours: 24 hours (7) Days

Size: Large (60-100 beds)

Rate Dahab Hostel