Sin City Hostel

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Sin City Hostel" at 1208 Las Vegas Boulevard South.)

1208 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
36.156658, -115.149233 (accuracy not guaranteed)
www.sincityhostel.com
+1 (702) 868-0222
+1 (702) 384-1490

How is Sin City Hostel rated on other websites?

It 's a great Hostel!!!
What a hostel! they have clean rooms and clean bathrooms since the staff cleaners work every day! Great breakfast, WiFi and friendly staff! They are very close from Fremont and the bus stop to the strip is right next to them in case you don't want to walk all the way ... I will recommend this place to all my friends who want to stay a few nights in Las Vegas!
Jay M. Smith
(Canada)
2013-02-14

Friendly people, decent rooms
They've got some good people running this place, very friendly. I would definitely recommend it to a friend.
Jared
(US)
2012-11-19

Horrible!
Not recommended! The Romanian chick is one of the most distasteful hostel worker i have met. The Aussie dude, i think his name is Sean, is such f**kin tool and the manager dude is pretty shady. I've been to about twenty hostels in my travels and these guys are by far the worst. The Romanian chick was so rude and aloof. I thought she was just like that with me but after discussion with my bunkmates and observing her treat the other guests, i realized that she was just a b**ch. She had the kitchen/common room closed for cleaning from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Who does that at hostel full of travelers wanting to use the kitchen. I saw her lazy ass doing nothing during that time while guest after guest tried to get in the kitchen to make lunch. This Sean guy was just so clueless. He was just so suspicious of everything. I was in the office when a guest called to cancel a reservation for his friend because his friend didn't speak english and he was like,"well how do i know if this is not just a crank call?" What a tool? He also got into an argument with a guy that came in wanting to take pics of the hostel for a website and he's like, "well i never heard of your website, it seems kind of dodgy that you want to take pics at night." What a friggin tool! Unshaven homeless looking f**k trying to pick up on the youngins. As far as the manager, if you look at the picture board of the travelers that have been through the hostels, every pic on the board is of the manager with a different female traveler. His friends were so frigging ghetto walking up to a few hostelers having a bbq and trying to take their beer. Naturally they said no because he looked like a gangbanger with the baggy jeans he was wearing almost down to his knees. Then when this dude got turned down by these travelers, he just went off on them with an expletive laced tirade and threats. I was walking back to the hostel one night and i saw a girl sitting in the front and she struck up a conversation with me and at first i thought she was a hostel guest but then quickly realized she was a street prostitute and of course she propositions me and i tell her that i'm a hostel guest and that there are five other people in the room with me. She doesn't seem fazed by this as she explains that she's been in the rooms before and i'm like, "how?" She says she knows the manager who's been a facilitator for her business. What a f**kin staff!
James
2009-05-20

No the worst hostel I've stayed in, but close
A British hostelmate noticed bedbugs, and said this was the worst hostel he's stayed in after a year of traveling around the world. It isn't high on my list either. Honestly, as someone else mentioned the only reason to stay in a hostel in Las Vegas is to meet and commiserate with other travelers and have some kind of vibe, which you won't get in a super cheap (if not free) hotel room. This hostel doesn't really have any vibe or much of a common area, and the staff didn't seem terribly content either. Honestly, I'd probably just get the hotel room if I ever went back.
Andy
2009-01-20

Worst Hostel from our whole trip
We were two females traveling around California and Vegas in Oct '08. Three weeks before we arrived here we called and asked to change our dates, which we were advised was fine, as we were only going to end up staying one night and book into a hotel the other two nights. When we arrived we were met by a woman who seemed so bored like she didnt even want to be there, and was totally rude and unhelpful. We were told that we would have to pay for all three nights, even though we were only there for one, and she wasnt budging. As we arrived on a Sat night, there was no where else to stay and we didnt have the money for a hotel. She then took us to our room, where we found out that the room attached (occupied by guys) could only be entered via them coming into our room! great so no privacy there -- they could come in whenever, not very safe! The beds where disgusting! Sheets were dirty and stained and there were actual bugs crawling on them! I would advise you not to stay!
Sindy and Anna
(Scottish)
2008-11-27

Too close for Comfort
Ok, there are only two hostels in Vegas, and I've been to both of them. The only reason I went was to hang out with travelers. For we all know, a hotel for two, Sunday though Friday (in Las Vegas) is cheaper than a hostel, and much more comfortable. So Sin City was cold and unfriendly and the staff just didn't want to be there, know what I mean. I actually felt sorry for them. They were all being taken advantage of by the" generous owner" who uses slave labor (travelers) to run the damn place. The common area was too small and it closed way too early. I've stayed in homeless shelters that were more accommodating (for free)!
Ed James
2007-12-18

Good stuff
This is a great, fun hostel. Nice helpful staff. Good facilities (Pool table and free coffee!). Cheap limo tours and BBQs. On the strip and just a short bus ride from all the action. But just a couple of problems I had with the place so you don't make the same mistakes -- firstly, for some reason there isn't twenty-four-hour check-in at this hostel (It is vegas isn't it?) so don't expect to be let in at 4 o'clock in the morning like I, and someone else who arrived ten minutes after me, did. Secondly, the private rooms aren't exactly private as they are rooms inside the regular dorms and are quite small and you have to share the bathroom. Take a look at one to see if it suits you before paying. Thirdly, no wireless internet. And the internet in the foyer is $1 for every ten minutes! Kind of like a penny slot machine but without the chance of winning your cash back. Apart from all that this is one of the best hostels I've been in.
Clint
(Australia)
2007-12-14

Bedbugs and no one cared!
I stayed at this hostel early November. I was booked in for three nights. The hostel although mentioning it was on the strip, was not. No big issue there are regular buses and the accommodation is cheap and there were some cool people staying there so all good. On the second night out I started to notice a number of bites all over my body and my friend thought it might be scabies or something -- I was getting super itchy and more were appearing. I drunk myself into a stupor and stayed another night on the same bed as I had no where else to go. When I awoke the next day I had welts and bites all over my arms, hands, lower legs, lower back, neck, and forehead. I went to the chemist over the road and they asked where I was staying. I told them and they say they see this all the time! I did not know what bedbugs were but after looking them up on the net I realised that some of the bugs I had seen on the wall were in fact bedbugs (although they are supposed to hide in mattresses, cracks). I asked to be refunded for the night I was not staying as a minimum but this was not an option. The guy behind the front counter did not even seem to care. It look me a number of hours to find another place to stay. Luckily for me I had a friend in L.A. where I was headed the next day and could hide for a week. There were some bugs in my clothes and bag and everything had to be washed. In short I had a worse than usual reaction to bedbugs but it took me just over three weeks (and antibiotics and steroid cream) to get rid of all the welts. It pretty much ruined my American holiday. The weather was warm but I was dressed from head to toe as I looked a sight and was constantly itching and uncomfortable. I realise these things happen but the reaction from the hostel staff was less than reassuring that it will not happen again. Do not let this happen to you.
Ed