Jackaroo Treehouse Mission Beach, Mission Beach

Bingil Bay
9.1

Jackaroo Treehouse Mission Beach is listed at the following booking sites:

Booking.com Hostelworld

How is Jackaroo Treehouse Mission Beach rated on booking websites?

Jackaroo Treehouse Mission Beach Reviews

Loud, weird, and unprofessional

It wasn't clean, the staff was partying till midnight with some of the guests, so there wasn't anyone to turn to with a complaint. And some of the staff was acting pretty creepy so I felt seriously unsafe to be a lone female in the middle of a forest with a group of intoxicated dominantly male people, without anybody sober and responsible to turn to. Would never go back and wouldn't recommend to anybody traveling alone.

Kart
2012-05-08

Great

the treehouse is excellent. a real place to travel to. no tv, just music and talking. if you want to travel, go. if you are a moaner and dont like a bit of adventure, then stay at home, harry and mandy do a great job. will visit again.

carl stephenson
2008-11-15
england

Wonderful

I agree with several others -- best place on earth! I stayed for four days in August 1994. I found all the people friendly, the reception staff helpful in planning excursions, the surrounding rain forest sounds unforgettable, and the informal layout comfortable and conducive to conversations. I always have ear plugs with me so sleeping was no problem even if there were late night drumming. I spent each day exploring places I had never been -- hiking to the breathtaking view at the top of Dunk Island; renting a bike for a few dollars and going along the empty beach; snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef; hiking into the lowland rain forest with a generous guide who then worked at Treehouse, Wayne Cousemaker, who helped me meet my first Cassowary (fresh from an eight-week ecology course in the Atherton Tableland rain forest but never having seen one). I was so sad when Wayne died of cancer. Nothing I did or experienced while staying at Treehouse was anything but among the very best days of my life. That summer I tried to choose to have no set expectations as I traveled and I was more than happy with the Treehouse experience.

Margaret
2008-11-07

Unbelievable

Ah, the memories.

suus
2008-07-05

Cozy, friendly, and chilled out

This was a lovely little hostel, i loved the friendly, homey atmosphere and the owners were very helpful and welcoming. They rescued us after we got turned away from another place by the wicked witch of mission beach! Harry is a dude.

Rachel Lee
2008-06-18
England

This is what a hostel should be about -- no TV, beautiful music, amazing views, deep in the jungle, a twenty-four-hour pool, a beach close by, and whitewater rafting around the corner. The no TV is important. It means you can meet people and chat to them -- and there are people from all over the world here -- swing around in a hammock and read a book or chat till late. This hostel stood out for me on my trip up to the Daintree -- a place people could relax from the partying at Airlie and Cairns. I came back again the year after and stayed longer. It's just a beautiful place. I met up with some amazing Germans and we met up again when I went to Germany for the World Cup the year after.

Llewster
2007-04-04
Australia

Sh*t some of the stuff that I have been reading, some of these people I think need to stay at home or stay in a hotel because what do you come to the tropics for? It's the rainforest what do you expect! I have been here on and off for years and I still reckon it is the best place on earth. The new owner Harry the grumpy old sod is not too bad, for an old fella, just get to know him a little.

Paris
2007-02-20

I arrived there with Andy and Fran in the summer of 2000 and Clare Bear took one look at me and knew I was going to stay longer than the two nights I had book in for. she was right, I left two and a half months later. I loved the Treehouse, and working there. I think about that place all the time and want to return to it someday. It is such a magical place, you can't even describe it to someone, they have to experience it on their own. If you are even on the east coast in Oz, make sure you stop in for a few nights, I promise you won't regret it!

Wendy from Canada (Split-Chicky)
2006-10-22

This spacious island style treehouse features lofty ceilings and a sundeck overlooking a stunning pool area with hammocks and sun lounges. The atmosphere is unmistakably friendly and laid back. You can take a short walk to the pristine Bingil Bay beach, venture out to the Great Barrier Reef, go skydiving, shoot the rapids while white water rafting at Tully, hike through the rainforest or spend your hours lying by the beautiful pool. Its the perfect place to take a break, or enjoy all that the outdoors have to offer.

Address: 13 Frizelle Road (off Bingil, Bay Road) Bingil Bay, Bingil Bay, Mission Beach, Queensland, Australia

Jackaroo Treehouse Mission Beach is listed on the following booking sites:

Outdoor Seating

Swimming Pool

Genders: Males & Females

Reception Hours: 7.00 am - Midnight

Size: Medium (30-60 beds)

Rate Jackaroo Treehouse Mission Beach