Hidden Villa Hostel, Los Altos Hills

7.9

your hostels in Los Altos Hills

Do you want to book your hostel online?

Check out Hostelworld.com

Hidden Villa Hostel Reviews

I was a HVR camper for 6 years and then a counselor for 3

I've always LOVED this place. It's nice to say that the updates that were made since I was a part of the HVR "family" are awesome and earth friendly. The interior of the hostel is much more beautiful and user-friendly than before, and everything is in harmony with the land. It's hard to imagine the Bay Area without this gem!!

2011-08-25

This hostel is the oldest in the country and one of the worst. Start with very the very unfriendly management, very poor dorms far away from the bathrooms. When they had many empty dorm rooms, they packed all people to one dorm, just to make you uncomfortable and crowded. Another time when they did not have vacancy and I asked the HI reservation number they said they do not know it. When I told them to look it up on the back of the brochure they have, they intentionally gave me a wrong number. There is no lighting from the far away parking place to the hostel. Prepare to get oriented in the dark. Compared to the outstanding and very well kept hostels on coast (Montara, Pescadero, Marin), this place is a scam. Perhaps the management is more interested in their pigs than in hostelers.

Steven
2007-03-30

I loved my stay at Hidden Villa. It is a quiet, peaceful retreat just moments from my busy life in the South Bay. The staff was extremely hospitable and pleasant. The dorm cabin was rustic but very clean and comfortable. The common room was aesthetic and accommodating. There was even a smaller room for me when the larger room was taken by a large group. I loved the huge kitchen. There was a convenient washer/dryer and the restrooms were spotless. Most of all the surrounding area is forested hills with hiking trails for everyone. I am grateful that this little piece of beautiful wildness has been preserved and is open to anyone to enjoy. I will definitely be returning here again and again.

B McNally
2006-05-17

I am a camper here at Hidden Villa and the building rocks. Its so beautiful and I have a lot of special memories here.

aisha ahmed
2004-07-17

I'll never forget this place -- I was here on 9-11. This hostel is made up of a number of neat, clean cabins with a couple of bunks in each. The main building is large and airy. Kitchen and livingroom areas were spotless. There was no television, which was fine with me because there are plenty of paths through the hills to explore and enjoy nature. The staff was friendly and helpful. I will go back there someday for sure!

Lynn Lipari

Website Hidden Villa Hostel Los Altos Hills www.hiddenvilla.org
Phone Number: +1 (650) 949-8648

Family-Friendly Hostel

Open Dates: September 5 - May 31

Size: Medium (30-60 beds)

Rate Hidden Villa Hostel