Welcome to Mountain Hostel Tarter, the new hostel in Andorra, the only one at Grandvalira’s ski resort doorstep. Perfect for mountain sports and activities like skiing, snowboarding, freeride, freestyle, and ski touring in winter season, and mountain biking, hiking, and trail running in summer season. Open all year. We offer a very cozy atmosphere, and furthermore we are an eco-friendly hostel: we use solar energy and facilities that contribute to save energy.
Imagine sleeping in Andorra, at the front door of an impressive ski resort such as Grandvalira, with over 200km of slopes at your disposal in one most amazing surrounding of the Pyrenean Mountains.
Imagine a rustic home, with the typical Andorran architecture built over 200 years ago, recently restored and with solar power.
Imagine staying in modern facilities, recently inaugurated, warm, where rustic and comfort blend in with your favourite hobby.
Imagine enjoying Andorra in a friendly atmosphere, where you share with fellow travelers your passion for mountain sports.
Well stop imagining and make it happen! Welcome to MOUNTAIN HOSTEL TARTER!
A new concept of accommodation situated in El Tarter, 200 meters away from Grandvalira – El Tarter ski resort’s main access, where you’ll also find the best snowpark of the Pyrenees and over 200km of ski slopes!
Mountain Hostel Tarter is a unique establishment in Andorra, made for travellers by travellers and designed to offer what we usually look out for when we’re travelling: a comfy and practical place to stay, in a warm and friendly atmosphere. All of this with the best quality/price you’ll find, and in a renewed rustic and sustainable home.
So forget about the accommodation and sleeping..! We’re here for that! It’s up to you to make the most out of your days in Andorra, practicing your favourite sport or hobby… by the way, which one is it? Ski, snowboard, telemark, randonée skiing, freestyle, freeride, mountain biking, downhill biking, trekking, Via Ferradas, etc… Enjoy it!
¡SLEEP & RIDE!
- Modern bathroom with toilets, showers and washbasin. They are shared and mixed, but with individual cabins, of course! We also offer hot water 24hrs. Towels for rent for 1,50 EUR.
- Dining room with a full equipped and communal kitchen where guests can make themselves a hearty meal or quick snack. You also have vending machines for drinks and snacks, 24hrs.
- A small grocery store where you can buy the ingredients for your favourite dishes, and other primary items. If you don't want cook, we offer quality prepared meals.
- A very cozy living room with fireplace, sofas, puffs, television, reading, table games and free Wi-Fi, where you can relax, or surf the net beside the fireplace.
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hostel, also in the rooms.
- For skiers and snowboarders there’s a boot dryer and ski locker service.
- Winter activities: skiing, snowboarding, telemark, freestyle, free ride, ski touring, snowshoeing, heliski, paragliding
- Summer activities: mountain downhill bike, cross-country mountain bike, road bike, hiking (peaks and lakes), trail running, via ferrata, and all mountain sports you can imagine!
- Trips, tours and mountain activities can also be booked at our reception, so don't be afraid to ask.
- We will help you organize your days in Andorra, and we’ll give you good recommendations on any subject, so you can enjoy your stay with us.
We have two dorm types available: 4 beds and 5 beds, and can sleep a total of 40 people.
- Room for 4 people, with two bunk beds
- Room for 5 people, with two bunk beds and an individual bed.
In all rooms, each bed has its own reading light and socket. All rooms have heating and free wi-fi. From all our windows you can see the mountain and the sky.
Bed sheets, linen and duvet are provided and all rooms have security lockers. You will need a padlock. If you don't have padlock we can sell you one for 1,50 EUR.
Bathrooms are shared on the ground floor with shower, toilet and sink, with 24hr hot water.