Mistella Salsa Hostel

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Mistella Salsa Hostel" at carrera 27 # 9B - 23.)

carrera 27 # 9B - 23, Barrio Campagna, Santiago De Cali, Colombia
3.432696, -76.534499 (accuracy not guaranteed)
0057 23 81 12 51

How is Mistella Salsa Hostel rated on other websites?

Great place if you want to learn salsa
There are numerous hostels in Cali where you can learn salsa, from what I understand. That being said, the others weren't listed in the hostels sites, or weren't particularly well reviewed. Internally, this hostel is nice. I don't think it is amazing. The kitchen is fairly lacking in regards to pots, pans, cooking utensils, and the like, so if you are planning on cooking there, you will have to work a bit harder to do so. I liked the location, because it ISN'T in Barrio San Antonio (which is near the "city center" and the "historical section"). It is much too busy there, and very "touristy". So for me, I liked where this was better, because it was just a normal neighborhood, and laidback. There are lots of parks and athletic things you can do within easy walking distance of the hostel. There are several Colombian supermarkets and even a spa within a few blocks. It's not far from Mio bus terminals, which is convenient. The staff is friendly and helpful. That being said, there was some sort of issue with the reservations system when I got there, so I ended up having to move rooms twice because of errors with that, which was moderately annoying. Also, the map provided was only a printed copy from the printer. From my experience, it is actually difficult to find a decent map in Cali, you are better off going to the central terminal if you want a good one.
Michael