PubLove @ The Crown, London

Battersea
7.3

PubLove @ The Crown is listed at the following booking sites:

Booking.com Hostelworld HostelsClub

How is PubLove @ The Crown rated on booking websites?

PubLove @ The Crown Reviews

It's decent for a night or two stay

Good location. Bus stops in the front and across the street. Very convenient to shops and tube stations

Dorm room is big and spacious. The bed is comfortable but a little awkward to get to the top bed as it is very high. The room smell of odor and musty. There're lockers provided in the room, just bring your lock. Bathroom is ok, not sparkling clean but smell clean. The floor is icky so bring sandal to use. Could use more toilets and showers. There are 3 showers and 2 toilet on 2nd floor, but 1 was broken during our stay.

There are plenty of room to explore. Restaurant is on 1st floor. It's quite nice with big open floor plan. There're also outdoor seating in front of restaurant. There is luggage storage downstairs and you can hold your luggage after checking out. Staffs are helpful and friendly.

Summary

For the price, it's a great deal. Nothing major to complain about. Breakfast also included for free!

JK
2016-11-03

Tidy, well kept

I recommend this hostel for its cleanliness. The W-iFi is unreliable but worth the price you pay. Happy with my stay here. No kitchen facilities.

2016-05-06
Age 27 | New Zealand

Good value for money

I've stayed 4 nights at Fresh @ The Crown, in Clapham Junction. I stayed there while looking for a room to rent in London. The location is good (10 walk to Clapham Junction train station) and lots of shops, bars and restaurants. 5 minutes walk to ASDA supermarket open 24h. The hostel was good, the pub/lounge serves very good burgers. The hostel is too warm though. I came in August and i was sweaty staying there (especially in the dorms and showers). No AC plug in the showers so you might not want to shave electric. I slept well, the 9-bed mixed dorm was quiet. You might wanna bring/buy an extension cable to charge your devices because AC plugs are at floor level. The staff is really nice and some of them are French. I enjoyed my stay there and would recommend it!

#
Raphaël
2014-08-13
Age 30 | France

Decent with nice facilities

I stayed here for 3 nights and overall it was a pleasant enough experience. There was strong heating in the room however it was too cold in the only lounge area in the pub on the ground floor. Also there was ear piercingly loud live music on Friday night, there is nowhere else to go so you just have to put up with it. The showers were nice and the breakfast was, coffee, tea, 3 cereals, bread with several spreads. The breakfast was actually quite good. The wifi was available in the pub and was provided by The Cloud and hence free with a strong signal. They have a 24hour reception, someone sits at the bar in the pub all night to let people in. One issue I really didn't like was that I paid for a 9 bed room but on the second day they installed another 3 beds in to the room I was staying in. It wasn't a big problem as the room wasn't at capacity but it's quite unprofessional to not offer any compensation or warning to change the room configuration to 12 when I'm paying for a 9 bed room. Also one of the toilet rooms had a broken light so it was always dark inside except during the day time, which is inconvenient.

John
2013-11-27
Age 34 | British

Wonderful

This was one of the best hostels I've stayed in! There's a bar in the lobby, very friendly staff, excellent breakfast, and very clean rooms and bathrooms. There is also very good security. Not the best location but the hostel itself makes up for the distance. I would definitely return!

Kristen
2013-07-09
Age 21 | USA

Clean hostel

The hostel was sympathetic and staff was friendly. I appreciate that the hostel was clean. There were always toilet paper and soap available for customers. I also liked that you had warm blankets, good pillows and clean white sheets for customers. It was really great to arrive when the beds were already made for us! The only thing I missed was a small kitchen for customers where we could cook and make a tea or coffee. Also this place was little loud if you dream about falling asleep before midnight.

Ursula
2013-06-09
Age 26 | Finland

Very helpful staff

My room was clean and warm. The staff where very helpful and pleasant to deal with. I admire them as they have to deal with lots of challenging situations and personalities.

steve. friendly helpfull staff
2013-04-02
Age 67 | British

PubLove @ The Crown Reviews from the Web

The Crown hostel was very decent to stay at. The staff was super friendly. The rooms and beds were nice. The Battersea area is a very nice area. The bathrooms can get pretty dirty. The food was ok. Drinks are pretty expensive. The only real thing that I wasn't really happy with was I am an early riser and I was told the bar was a 24hr bar, however, I'd be up at 6 and would ask for coffee and was told I had to wait until 7 am when they serve breakfast. Other than that, my stay was really great.

fatpvt
2022-08-25

this one suited me perfect for 2 nights for a good price. close to the train linked to Gatwick airport and Victoria station in a laidback area in London with lots o restaurants though they serve good burgers at the Hostel/Pub.

underhill8680
2022-08-21

Bathrooms nasty, they dont even clean it.

Staff not very helpful

I wouldnt recommend it it all

miguelbarragantb_189299
2022-08-06

Nice clean Hostel, great location, fun pub, friendly and respectful staff.

erstmaren443
2022-07-22

Staff dont respect privacy the opened my suitcase and went through my stuff and the place is not clean also noisy crowds very uncomfortable stay

yousifsaati2781
2022-06-26

I only spent one night there and I dont think I would have really wanted to spend much longer, but it was a fine place to spend the night. Bathrooms werent great or very private, triple decker bunks werent ideal, and the rooms were pretty cramped, but they had chargers by the bed which was nice. Overall it was fine.

noahbrichter20024303
2022-06-24

I tried to extend my stay another night then was told false information and wasnt able to get a bed for the night. When I expressed the situation they put me in to another staff member, I was met with a rude staff member who wasnt genuine with her apology. Overall not a great experience would definitely not recommend.

YasminahXD2101
2022-06-24

The staff were lovely and the location is great if you wanted a quieter part of London.

My only problem was that it wasnt very clean, the floor was dirty and extremely dusty, the toilets were never stocked up with toilet paper or soap until the morning when they cleaned them. The dorms were nice and beds were comfy (very warm) but theres an automatic light that switches on everytime someone moves so if youre on the bottom bunk youll constantly get blinded by that (bring an eye mask), and the doors slam

saraholivant7285
2022-06-15

rooms were nice! bathrooms i wouldnt recommend

selascott
2022-06-09

VERY bad beds that shake whenever anybody rolls over. Party atmosphere with people tromping in at all hours. Two nights without sleep.

Girls at the bar were very nice, but they need to designate a room for people who are not drunken halfwits.

mashimisha2403
2022-06-01

No kitchen facilities at all but comfortable rooms.

tbeppe5363
2022-05-25

I've stayed here many times over the years when I've travelled to London for work for a night or two. It's good value for money, the staff are friendly and I've never had any problems. During the day and evening there are good food options (it's a pub), would love to see hot breakfast options available. My only complaint is the showers - you have to press a button to activate the water and the water only lasts 5 seconds (I counted) and then you have to press it again, or shower holding it down.

mail4790
2022-05-12

Super disappointed and stressed

Arrived at 2am was nice welcomed by the receptionist got the room to rest someone was in my designated bed didnt fuss jump on the empty bunk only to be awaken by the fire alarm at 6am and last a hour with no response from the staff no apologies nothing not even next morning it was like nothing happened so if I coul give a big fat 0000000s I would never stay and dont recommend the toilets are disgusting the room are dirty the bunk are small u can even sit up so overall a terrible experience the only thing good is the pub and the staff the rest is horse or not pigeons shit

Alamay
2022-05-05
Portugal

Very nice place

paul3alph2479
2022-05-04

The women that is in the desk ,comes from another country and treats all the people very bad .I told her my opinion and she put my out of the Hostel and charge me 2 to my card and still that money was not returned to my account.

And I cant comeback to any of the Hostel.

Is Sad that this women is treating everyone like she is still in her country.

Being in other hostels where the people are kind and respectful.

Very bad experience and specially charging my card 2 after I check out.

Luzbushnell8946
2022-04-23

It gets very noisy at night. Very very hot. Difficult to sleep. Not enough signs or rules about noise levels, and respecting people trying to sleep. Showers good, but lack of soap refills. On the plus side the staff are very friendly.

mikejbrowne7776624
2022-03-29

Worst hostel experience ever. The men in our room were at least 35-40 years old and every single girl in the room was less than 24 which facilitated for an uncomfortable environment right from the start. Beds were awful and the bathrooms are beyond disgusting. My friend also encountered a 60 year old man as she was leaving the bathroom during the night and he made uncomfortable comments about her. After knowing this we didnt sleep and we left for a new hotel by 6:00 am the next day. DONT COME!

muellermadeline1407
2022-03-25

Great hostel - the 24 hour desk made me pick the stay, comfy beds and linen, only thing was the green security light was rather bright from top bunk

jazzers3854
2022-03-04

Highly recommended

janettewinstone3628
2022-02-27

Lockers in the rooms for storage are very small. Bathrooms were very dirty and water would not turn off at the taps. Had to constant hunt for toilet paper. Rooms were hot as there was no air conditioning, just whatever came in from the window. The beds were not the most comfortable and very narrow. If you are a taller individual you will have a difficult time getting into the bunks if you are not on top, as the spacing between the beds is short (couldnt sit up straight on the bed). Pub was nice

karawhite
2022-02-16

Clapham, London- FREE WIFI, FREE BREAKFAST, FREE LINEN, Clean and Secure Accommodation with great staff!

The Crown is a highly rated International Backpackers located just 15 minutes walk (5 Minutes on Bus) from Clapham Junction Station. It is a guest focused Backpackers Hostel with highly rated value for money facilities and services.

You can see from our photos and previous guest reviews and comments that we are guest focused backpacker’s hostel that provides quality, clean and secure accommodation combined with excellent guest services so you can rest assured when staying with us.

Value for Money Services and Facilities Include:
FREE – Use of In room Security Lockers (Bring your own padlock)
FREE- Daily Continental Breakfast, Served 7am – 9am
FREE – WiFi
FREE- Luggage Storage, prior to Check In time or after Check out time
FREE - Bed Linens, Fluffy Duvet and Pillow (Bring your own towel)
FREE – London Walking Tour
FREE- Half Price Drink Voucher on Check In

£7.95 Pizza Available 24 hours a day
Hair Dryer and Straightener (For a Fee)
Adaptors (For a Fee)
24 Hour Security and Reception

You can meet people from all over the world in our bar downstairs which has event nights weekly and offers great happy hour specials. We also screen live sporting events from around the world on our big screens including NHL, NBA, AFL, NRL, NFL, CFL, Cricket, Olympics, Formula 1, World Rally Championships, English Premier League etc.

If you arrive early we can store your baggage free of charge in our luggage storage until check in time also when you check out you can leave your bags in our luggage storage for free until you are ready to leave.

Please note that we only accept guests aged 18 years old and above, we strictly enforce this policy and every guest must present valid photo government issued ID on check in. Foreign Nationals must have EU Identity Cards or Passports. We enforce NO ID, NO STAY, NO EXCEPTIONS.

Accommodation:
We offer a selection of mixed dorm rooms in 6, 9 or 15 bed configurations, which offer you the opportunity to mix with other travellers.

There is also a Female only Dorm which is perfect for female travellers to meet friends in a relaxed and secure female only environment, whilst the private twin room is perfect for those couples looking to share the backpackers experience with the comfort of their own private room.

Our rooms are cleaned daily, with an In room security locker for each guest to use. Rooms are secured with coded locks, allowing you to come and go as you please whilst ensuring your room is secure.

There are shared bathroom, toilet and shower facilities on each floor which are kept clean and tidy by our dedicated staff to ensure they are fresh 24/7.

• LOCATION:
• We are located in Zone 2 in South West London on the beautiful and lively Lavender Hill.
• Our backpackers is only a short walk from Clapham Junction Station which is the busiest Railway Station in Europe!
• Battersea is filled with a large number of cafes, restaurants and trendy bars, and it is famous among Londoners for its shopping, expat community, and 220 acre park called Clapham Common.
• Notable tourist attractions within walking distance include Battersea Park, Clapham High Street, Clapham Common, Battersea Power Station, and New Covent Garden Market (the largest wholesale fruit, vege, and flower market in the UK!).
• Battersea has excellent transport links to the rest of London and some notable nearby locations include: London Victoria Station (8 Minutes), 02 Arena (12 Minutes), Waterloo Station (15 Minutes), Westminster Station (20 Minutes), and London Gatwick Airport (35 Minutes).
• DIRECTIONS
• Address: The Crown, 102 Lavender Hill, Battersea, London, SW11 5RD
• Please consult the official Transport for London travel planner www.tfl.go.uk for step by step directions to the hostel at the time of your travel.
• There are several ways to our Backpackers Hostel. These are outlined below:
• Nearest Station:
• Our nearest station is ‘Clapham Junction’ Station which can be accessed on the London Overground or National Rail Services. Note that this station is not part of the underground/tube system.
• Getting to Clapham Junction Station:
• To get to Clapham Junction station by London Underground/Tube change on the District Line at 'West Brompton' to access rail services or London Overground to Clapham Junction Station.
• Alternatively, change at ‘Waterloo’ on the Jubilee Line and take the London Overground to Clapham Junction Station.
• Getting to The Backpackers from Clapham Junction Station:
• By Bus:
• At Clapham Junction Station go to Bus Stop 'D', get on bus number 87 or 156. They
• depart every 3 to 6 minutes and arrive at 'Tipthorpe Road' within 10 minutes. You need to
• ring the bus bell for the driver to stop.
• By Walking:
• Walking to The Crown from 'Clapham Junction' Station takes approximately 15 minutes:
• Get off at Clapham Junction Station, use the 'Town Centre' Exit and turn left outside of station. Follow the 'Lavender Hill' Road up the hill, continue straight and on your left you will pass an Asda Supermarket, continue and on the left you will pass a Police Station.
• Our Backpackers (The Crown) is on the left hand side, corner of Tipthorpe Road.

Address: 102 Lavender Hill, Battersea, London, Greater London, England

PubLove @ The Crown is listed on the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Booking.com HostelsClub

Website PubLove @ The Crown London (if you know the URL of their website, let us know and we'll add it)
Phone Number: +44 207 738 1122

Min. Age with Parent (dorms): 18

Min. Age with Parent (private room): 18

Note: All guests must present Valid Government Issued Photo ID- rules apply

Maximum Stay: 7 nights

Size: Medium (30-60 beds)

Rate PubLove @ The Crown