Fawlty Towers

Swimming pool
Deluxe suites
Deluxe twin en-suite room
Double en-suite room

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Fawlty Towers" at 216 Musi o Tunya Road.)

216 Musi o Tunya Road, Livingstone, Zambia
-17.854209, 25.855229 (accuracy not guaranteed)
www.adventure-africa.com
(+) 260 213 32 34 32

How is Fawlty Towers rated on other websites?

What a great Place to stay
This has to be 1 of the best backpackers in the world, and I have stayed at hundreds over 30 years of traveling. Clean, well organised, safe, well located and friendly staff willing to assist organising your trips and needs. The on-site bar, pool and restaurant means you don't have to go out and be accosted by the hawkers. If you are on a budget, the supermarket across the road has everything you'll ever need to self cater and chill out at cheaper prices. Kitchen was good from what I saw, but I didn't use this. Ok, being in middle of town it was a bit noisy at night, but I always travel with ear plugs, and after a hard days activities, was wiped out and would sleep through an earthquake. The nightlife is close by if this is what you want, but the staff keep it quiet in the hostel after 10pm, and we respect them for this. Mosquito nets on the dorm beds were 100%, and if you want some luxury, there are new units built with a/c and en suites for $60 couple. These seems popular, so book ahead in the high season I think. The free pancakes at 3pm was the clincher for me over another backpackers (not that I am rating this place down). I maybe come back to Livingstone next year, and will definitely stay here again. Thanks to Basil and the staff at Fawlty Towers.
Greg
Age 49, New Zealand
2013-09-15
  A fantastic youth hostel, in a very nice area, with excellent and friendly staff. A very pleasant atmosphere. Definitely would recommend a stay here!
Ash Borges
2005-04-27
  I stayed here for a month to kayak on the Zambezi and they were excellent!
Paul
2005-01-30
  Accommodation and service were top rate! As weary travelers in need of somewhere special to stay we found all we needed at Fawlty Towers. We'd highly recommend it!
2005-01-30
  AMAZING. It was so cheerful and the staff were so friendly and we loved it. We want to come back just for the free pancakes every day. Richard the owner was hilarious and they all made sure we got the best deals. You made our holiday!
Cheryl
2005-01-28
  Absolutely amazing — this is possibly the best hostel I've ever visited. The staff are friendly and organize anything you want, from bungee jumping (yes, 111 meters off the Vic Falls bridge seemed like a good idea from the comfort of the hostel) to elephant rides. The only very slight downside is that the top bunks beds are VERY high and don't have ladders, so if you're short, it's probably best to get a bottom bunk if possible! The lunch by the pool is highly recommended, as are the pancakes. In fact, everything there is highly recommended — you just have to go there!!!
2005-01-03
  Check with the front desk when planning your days — they have some great deals.
Bre
2004-11-11
  It is a beautiful and peaceful oasis. We stayed for three days, just reading and relaxing before we even made our way to the falls.
2004-10-03