Grosvenor Backpackers, Bundaberg

6.1

your hostels in Bundaberg

Do you want to book your hostel online?

Check out Hostelworld.com

Grosvenor Backpackers Reviews

Love this hostel!

I stayed in City Centre backpackers for 4 months and I can honestly say that it was some of the best months of my time in Australia. I was so sad to leave and didnt want to say goodbye to Bundaberg. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming as soon as I arrived and I have definitely made friends for life! I was put on an hourly paid job the day after I arrived and did the majority of my days on that farm. Thimo and Michael were always helpful and fair with me, I couldnt recommend this hostel enough. City Centre Backpackers will always have a place in my heart.

Aisha
2019-09-07
Age 21 | England

Rude staff and dirty

This is by far the worst hostel I have stayed in. The staff are rude and unhelpful they speak down to you and everything is too much effort for them. The hostel is disgusting, the sofas in the common area and most rooms have bedbugs. My friend found a dead mouse down one of the chairs! The bedrooms and common areas are never cleaned. The bathrooms have stains all over the walls and chunks of hair and old plasters dotted all over. The fridge is full of old moldy food. The mattress has so many stains and are so dirty you may catch something just thinking about lying on one. The only thing good about this hostel are the people.

2018-05-01
Age 25 | England

Disgusting. Avoid at all costs

I stayed here for 2 weeks. Have not received any pay from the work I have completed. Now I cannot even get through to the hostel. Not helpful one bit. The hostel is disgustingly dirty. I would advise you to go elsewhere unless you fancy working on a farm for free!!!

2017-10-08
Age 25 | UK

FUNdaberg

I spent 4.5 months in this hostel, and it really wasn't that bad at all! The jobs were there, I worked on 11 different farms in the time there, some piece rate but the majority hourly pay. Michael and Nancy run the hostel fairly, they provide you with the info you need, try their best to provide you with jobs and are just generally decent people! Their is a no alcohol policy in the hostel, and yeah, the wifi is kind of bad but there are bars across the road and free wifi hotspots all around Bundaberg. From the stories I've heard of other hostels in Bundaberg, City centre is definitely the one to go to over the rest. Made some amazing memories here and some great friends, if I had to do farm work again (88 days is enough thanks) I would definitely go back here.

Scott
2017-08-11
Age 25 | England

The place to be in Bundy!

Because of great memories (I stayed there for 6 months in 1991! picking asparagus and tomatoes).

I just thought I'd look up the place to see if it still existed...and it does...Just loved the place then and I still do... Great to see it's still there !

Jacob
2016-11-07
Age 48 | Dutch

We were treated fairly

We spent two month in the City Centre Backpackers and from all the hostels we have been to this was the best. The accommodation itself is not the nicest, but people tried to get us only hourly rate jobs and we felt treated fairly. Piece rate jobs were on a volunteer basis and as soon as there were new hourly paid jobs, people were put on the better Jobs. People respect in general the no-alcohol policy and the hostel is quite calm. Shops and other facilities are nearby so there is no problem when you don t have a car. On sunny weekends the hostel Management offers bus rides to take you to the beach. The manager was always straight and very honest with us and we had the feeling that we could trust him. During low season, couples had a room to themselves and when there were only piece rate jobs, the Management lowered the rent. All in all we had a great experience.

Anca & Mat
2016-10-20
Age 30 | Germany and France

Best in Bundy

I bet "City Centre backpacker " is the best Hostel in Bundy ! The manager there is good is tried his best to offer you a nice job . And the room is not bad , share with other five cute girls.

I love here. Really good place to stay and it's near the train station is really convenient.

Wendy
2016-07-22
Age 20 | Taiwan

Great experience

Spent almost 6 months here doing my days and was gutted to leave! It's hard work but the hostel and money is good and it's easy so save. They always try to help you and find you work. It was a really good experience and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to do their farmwork!

2016-05-22
Age 20 | Finland

Our hostel has undergone a complete renovation in 2021 and is now open for guests. We repainted, replaced all beds, all lounges in the TV area, an enormous new kitchen with coolroom and individual lockable food/personal storage lockers, upgraded lighting and power outlets, a new bathroom with 4 toilets and 2 showers to complement the existing 10 toilets and 11 showers.
Grosvenor Backpackers caters to travellers and those seeking work in the Bundaberg region on our partner farms. We can accommodate up to 130 people at one time so a diversity of people is always available with different language, work and entertainment skills. You will need to be a friendly, sociable person who can bring joy and happiness to our business.
Regrettably we cannot cater to people under the age of 18 but have had individuals up to the age of 70 stay with us.
We have a website where you can see what we offer and contact us; www.grosvenorbackpackers.com.au

• We are directly across the street from Bundaberg Central railway station and situated on the corner of the main street of Bundaberg. The hostel is within easy walking distance to the CBD, shopping centres, movie theatres, hotels, riverside walks, parks and gardens as well as the small zoo located at Alexander Park.
• The hostel is within a 5 minute walk from the bus stop and we can arrange a free pick up from the airport.

Address: 216 Bourbong Street, Bundaberg, Queensland, Australia

Grosvenor Backpackers is listed on the following booking sites:

Not listed at Hostelworld

Outdoor Seating

Genders: Males & Females

Min. Age with Parent (dorms): 18

Reception Hours: Varies - 24 Hour phone contact

Size: Very Large (100+ beds)

Rate Grosvenor Backpackers