Codge Lodge, Innisfail

5.4

your hostels in Innisfail

Do you want to book your hostel online?

Check out Hostelworld.com

Codge Lodge Reviews

perfect hostel , best and nice place in innisfail

I stayed there for seven months, met my boyfriend there, we had a good job working on a banana farm, which we were both able to get with in our first week. Beautiful swimming pool, great pool room, large kitchen and walking distance to everything.

I would highly recommend Codge lodge. management and staff were very helpful.

Thankyou for making our stay a great one................cheers Jade.

jude
2015-10-19
Age 23 | uk

Good work and fun

just spent 4 months got my visa, clean, swimming pool, met some good friends, new owners seem fine. would recommend to anyone to stay.

kevlin
2014-08-19
Age 24 | english

WARNING -- No Pay (Bad Management)

I worked for the hostel distributing advertisements to mailboxes but was never payed by George, the hostel manager. I did a good job, no complaints, George was happy with my work. I confronted him and he still refuses to pay me anything. I will be filing a police report soon. The facilities are decent compared to other hostels in Innisfail. Work is hard to get though. I met people who had waited 3 months for work. Most folks who do get a job only work 3 days a week. Several of my roommates actually worked 2 to 3 weeks for a banana farm and received no pay from the farm! So it isn't just that George might not pay you, he might get you a job with a deadbeat farmer who won't pay you. BE CAREFUL. Innisfail is a quiet little town. No draw other than work, but it is pleasant enough. There are at least 5 working hostels in Innisfail. If you want to work confident that you'll be payed, try one of them.

Rob
2013-11-10
Age 30 | USA

Waste of time and money

I arrived at codge lodge after reading all of these bad reviews. Don't make the same mistake. We were told there would be work in 2 weeks which was a blatant lie as we heard from farmers that there was no work for at least 4 weeks. Worst thing there is the 'manager' and supposed guy that's gonna get you work, George. Pure ass hole. I lost my passport there the night before I flew so I left my details with the receptionist, she called back the next day telling me that she had found it. I called back the next day to give her my new address but George answered ... the prick told me that my passport wasn't there then Hung up!! So I called over and over again as he kept hanging up ... finally he gave me the receptionists number and I got my passport back. I stayed here for6 days with my GF -- waste of time.

joe davey
2013-05-13
Age 23 | england

Don't go here!!

Avoid this hostel -- we rang in advance and were told to come as there is plenty work -- a big lie. As soon as we checked in and paid one week in advance (which they encourage)we met lots of other backpackers just hanging around the hostel all day waiting for work also. Those that did get work only seemed to work 2-3 days. The room we checked into still had dirty sheets on the bed and the floor was a mess. The atmosphere is terrible, people are bored and frustrated during the day at not having work and at night people just get drunk/stoned and shout around the place. We were told on numerous occasions that if the manager 'likes you' (if you drink with him) then you can bumped up the 'list'. The whole place is a joke, its run very badly, the kitchens are a health hazard and no one working here cares. If you want to get a job and dont want to be taken advantage of, AVOID CODGE LODGE!!!

Lisa
2013-01-17
Austria

Awful!!

don't ever stay in this bloody hostel! it is awful and the people are really annoying there. the whole hostel was one big party -- the whole night long!! shouting and singing loud everywhere, i had not one moment of sleep, even though i had to get up in the morning. management did not say anything or stop them -- or they just did not care. when we wanted to check out, nobody was there to take the key. very poor, avoid this place and prefer to stay in your car over this hostel!

ni
2013-01-12
austria

Under new management

the place has been totally cleaned up and now there is a great team looking after the place. george is helping the owner get this place back up to 100%. the girls who are not working clean the place top to bottom once an month.

john john
2012-11-18
australian

BAD NEWS -- stay away from this hostel

i was in this hostel january 2011 an its still the biggest loads of sh*t! Nick an Eris are Perverts, Sunny is a jobsworth, there is no work here and the place is infested with bedbugs -- avoid with all costs!!!!!!!!!!!

2011-07-22
English

A huge tropical Queenslander built in early 1900 right smack in the middle of town, high and dry and overlooking the river harbour.

The best working hostel in town!

Facilities and Services provided:
* Licenced Bar & Restaurant , With Karoake 5 languages.
* Internet cafe hosted by Global Gossip its got all the goddies.
* Helpful management
* 24 hour camera security
* Free washing machines
* Air-conditioned Rooms
* Great cooking facilities , We also have a comunal kitchen & coldroom.
* Ample showers
* Twelve meter luxury swimming pool
* Entertainment areas with cable television,
* Weekend tours to local attractions, swimming spots and rainforest walks
* Fishing and crabbing trips are aranged through the Lodge

80 kilometres south of Cairns , in the Cassory Coast region .

Address: 63 Rankin Street, Innisfail, Queensland, Australia

Codge Lodge is listed on the following booking sites:

Not listed at Hostelworld

Website Codge Lodge Innisfail www.codgelodge.com
Phone Number: 0428820105

Swimming Pool

Reception Hours: We usually have foward bookings but there is after hours staff to service your needs.

Size: Very Large (100+ beds)

Rate Codge Lodge