Instant Sleep Backpacker Hostel, Hamburg

Schanzenviertel
8.1

Instant Sleep Backpacker Hostel is listed at the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Booking.com

How is Instant Sleep Backpacker Hostel rated on booking websites?

Instant Sleep Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Fine hostel

The staff was friendly and helpful, the hostel is well-located and the hostel is very clean. The kitchen is well equipped (only one four burner stove though). The music from the nightclub below might be a slight distraction. However with the windows closed in a room on the second floor, we had no problems to quickly find our way into the world of dreams.

Karel
2010-09-13
Netherlands

No sleep!

i would have been less insulted if the staff had actually warned us about the noise coming from the downstairs nightclub, rather then being woken up in the middle of the night. We were not able to sleep again until close to 5 or 6 a.m. It's not acceptable to pay and not being able to sleep at all. Had we known about the noise on weekends, we would have simply have gone out to a bar ourselves, rather then be trying to sleep. We wouldn't have been so mad. And really, it's the only negative thing i have to say about the hostel. Just be warned about the noise, and work around it. The hostel was in a fairly easy location to find, quite close to the Reeperbahn, and a lot of restaurants and bars were within walking distance. The hostel staff were very friendly and helped out with whatever we needed. I agree that there was a lot of noise though, and I ended up sleeping on a couch in the lounge, because the noise from the nightclub next door went until 7 a.m. I would recommend staying here if you get a room away from the top floor and all the noise. But if you are looking for a cheap quiet bed, I would head somewhere else.

can1
2008-09-13

this hostel is so social -- I instantly felt welcome and made new friends. the rooms are nice and the beds cosy and I guess midweek you will sleep deep and sound. unfortunately I was there at a weekend and you should be prepared for the party in the surrounding bars.

Cathy
2007-03-27
Germany

This hostel was fairly decent. I was, however, upset because when I first got there, they said they lost my reservation and that they were all booked up. As I was leaving they told me they just got an opening but it was only for two out of the three nights I was there. The rooms were very nice and cozy and the staff were very helpful in finding me another place to stay. I had to stay in another hotel around the corner, I had to take what I could get. Other than that the hostel had a great location, ten minutes walking distance from Reeperbahn and right next to Sternschanz S-Bahn station. If I were to go back to Hamburg I would definitely stay there again.

AlexB
2006-03-08

The hostel was in a fairly easy location to find, quite close to the Reeperbahn and a lot of restaurants and bars were within walking distance. The hostel staff were very friendly and helped out with whatever we needed. I agree that there was a lot of noise though, and I ended up sleeping on a couch in the lounge, because the noise from the nightclub next door went until 7 a.m. I would recommend staying here if you get a room away from the top floor and all the noise. But if you are looking for a cheap quiet bed, I would head somewhere else.

Dan
2005-10-05

This place has really nice personnel, a well-endowed kitchen, clean bathrooms, stylish furniture, and it's located in a cool suburb.

Caterine
2005-03-07

Upon staying in Instant Sleep I was relieved at the peace and hospitality I received during my weekly stay. I'm looking forward to returning soon. I also made friends with other nationalities while enduring my stay. One problem with my stay was there was no air-conditioning and it was very hard to sleep as it was too stuffy.

Shang
2005-02-08

This place is pretty colourful and big, very alternative looking. The rooms were hot, but it's really pretty decent overall. If you're considering Hamburg, though, I'd suggest reconsidering. It's a boring and rather ugly city, in my opinion. We only went to see the Lion King.

Jenna
2004-08-19

Instant Sleep Backpacker Hostel Reviews from the Web

Too noisy Saturday because of the bar that it's beside the hostel and expensive for the facilities that you will find in the double bedroom.

aPta6LsXi9YQdOZk
2022-07-30

Great and really helpful staff. Nice common area. Great locations with nearby restaurants and bars. Not the fanciest hostel in terms of rooms, showers etc but it has everything you need for your backpack trip. Would go back

henningsson3989
2022-07-27

Stay here if you want a cheap accommodation and interesting stories to share. The front desk will only be open from 10-11 AM and from 3-8 PM so if you lose your room key or have any issues you will not get help. The rooms are not clean, lots of bugs and dust mites. The walls between the showers are CLEAR. You will see everyone doing everything, so dont book if you like privacy. Next to a fairly loud street but good location overall. Some lockers broken. Staff is pretty friendly.

sierrawirsch
2022-07-16

The staff were 10/10, lovely and helpful, always made me feel comfortable. The hostel wasn't the most modern but it was nice and the social area was quite big, had space for people to meet and chat.

LatifMalick
2022-07-14

Great hostel, very nice kitchen with free coffee (and even vegan milk!!). Would totally reccomend.

cde3105
2022-07-07

Name is very misleading. Definitely not a cozy quiet hostel, did not sleep well. Small lockers, so you cant lock up your entire bag. Location was good and had decent facilities

a2fjBCHbN38Uioy0
2022-06-29

Had the potential to be a brilliant hostel stay, but almost the whole place was full of school children. This is not expected or wanted by hostel goers - everyone I spoke to said the same. Staff very friendly and helpful but unfortunately this wasnt enough to turn it around. Id actually chosen this hostel based on atmosphere, which is the most annoying thing!

willyoung077239
2022-06-28

Instant Sleep Backpacker is very nice and comfortable place with nice and welcoming people.

I gladly recommend you to stay with Instant Sleep Backpacker.

blagotan
2022-06-25

I was a late check in and didnt receive pants, I slept on the mattress protector one night and woke up with a rash on my legs. Ive never had that happen before, ever. Night two I had sheets, and no issues. Bathrooms didnt have paper towels, and at night 2 out of 3 bathroom stalls were locked, which was bizarre. My room was over a bar, lots of street noise but earplugs were provided so that was a plus. Staff was very nice.

ebudney32007
2022-06-24

Clean and friendly staff. The common area has cheap beers for people to socialize!

jygu0710297
2022-06-23

Pretty basic hostel but good common areas.

sarahereinbrecht5708
2022-06-16

Nice hostel, everyone was nice and friendly. Overall it had mostly all you could ask for. It was clean and quiet but also a fun atmosphere!

aUsIUlNtqcft0U1H
2022-06-15

Great hostel for a nights rest. I had a private room and our bathroom shower handle was broken. Other than that I had a good experience. There are two bars downstairs but neither seemed particularly exciting

ajEvPC73IazDghsq
2022-06-11

Everything was clean and the staff were friendly enough. The location was pretty good but if you want to go to the city centre/Reeperbahn you will probably need to take public transport. Main flaw was the lack of atmosphere, this didnt seem like a great place to socialise/meet new people so I wouldnt recommend as a solo traveller (but of course this couldve just been a matter of who was there at the same time as me). Overall okay, just nothing mad exciting

louiehaigh20015088
2022-06-11

Great kitchen

ilonabrask9987
2022-06-10

All good. Easy check out. I slept well.

daking815018
2022-06-09

Quite loud at night which made challenging to sleep. Also, the window was broken, so it always stayed open.

tenaz3comp6707
2022-05-19

I enjoyed staying in this hostel because I liked the kind workers, the cleanliness of the place, the fun atmosphere with different instruments being able to be played in the common area, and the fun balcony. The free coffee was a plus and I would definitely stay here again!

kennykatnik471484
2022-05-17

Instant Sleep is a fantastic place to stay. The staff are all awesome. The hostel itself has a lot of character. The location is great. 2/4 of the nights that I stayed there they hosted events that were super fun. Theres also free coffee and tea, which is a nice cherry on top of everything.

jackdmm911272
2022-05-14

The best hostel Ive ever been to, I loved every bit of it and the people really made it for me. Great, bright and clean place, but the people are why I loved it. Great staff and wonderful atmosphere.

hunterhunter6635
2022-05-12

Overnight stay which is worth the money. International exchange of eating, drinking, sleeping, washing, watch telly, hang about. Located in the lively Schanzenviertel with the best pubs, bars, clubs + international restaurants. A 10 minutes walk to the port, alster, Reeperbahn.

Located in Schanzenviertel. From Hauptbahnhof take the underground U3 or S 11/21 or S 31 to Sternschanze. From there take bus 115 in the direction Klein Flottbek or S-othmarschen-süd to Schulterblatt. Or from the airport take the airport shuttle 52 in the direction Altona.

Address: Max-Brauer-Allee 277, Schanzenviertel, Hamburg, Hamburg State, Germany

Safe Deposit Box

Nightclub

Swimming Pool

Videogames

Reception Hours: 8 AM - 2 AM (08:00-02:00)

Size: Medium (30-60 beds)

Rate Instant Sleep Backpacker Hostel