Brisbane Manor Hotel, Brisbane

6.1

Brisbane Manor Hotel is listed at the following booking sites:

Booking.com

It is the only way to book Brisbane Manor Hotel

How is Brisbane Manor Hotel rated on booking websites?

Brisbane Manor Hotel Reviews

Staff had overbooked or forgotten our booking.

Staff had over booked or forgotten our booking. Room was uninhabitable, manager couldn't care and was arrogant. When we arrived the receptionist was confused and did not have the twin room we booked available. They offered us an old room at the rear or the motel. Nothing like you see in the pictures. The floor was wet from one side to the other. We could not stay there and the reception clerk agreed. We completed a refund request and the reception clerk said she would tell the manager how bad the room was. I contacted the manager on the next business day, he said it has to go through a process but would not give me any time frame. 1 week later I contacted the manager again, he said he could authorise refunds, the matter would need to be investigated and wait for an email but would not give me a time frame when the email may arrive.

Craigh
2018-03-04
Age 58 | Australia

Most horrible experiennce

Freezing cold and dirty room with insects in it. Bedlinen completely worn out with holes and bedcover dirty with yellow stains and holes. Blanket extremely thin which made me and my son sick with heavy flu having sletp in the freezing room of this hotel. One third of our very expensive holiday was ruined by being housebound with heavy flu! I am discusted. Very irresponsible business!!

Discusted
2015-06-27
Age 52 | Scandinavian

Cheap option for a single room

It was a clean and tidy single room, if not a little dated. Check in was seamless, and the baggage storage at no cost was a nice surprise. Having a private bathroom was nice, though no door between room and toliet (which was only an issue when a friend helped me drop off my bags!). I found the Brisbane bus and train system amazing, (though not very regular on Sundays), but easily got all around Brisbane). There was both a fan and air con in my room, as well as a TV and a fridge, a kettle, and tea and coffee! If I was to nit pick -- I didn't get a great night's sleep due to noisy pipes, and the TV in the adjoining room blaring! Security was a little lapse -- I was told the external doors would be locked from 9/9.30pm, but when i returned at about 10.30pm, they were all wide open. i can only assume other guests are less concerned with security in this area. It is a very safe area, with very little residential properties around. I'd have loved a hair dryer in my room (but then, I mean I'd like a mint on my pillow too, so I'm just being cheeky!).

Sarah
2012-07-22
Australia

Too noisy

Very friendly staff, really great, but the en-suite we stayed in was too noisy. I mean really noisy, especially from the water pipes. It is also far from downtown, thirty minutes' walking distance. I do not recommend even considering the good price.

Noriaki
2009-02-08
Brazil

Don't stay here!

First impressions of the impressive entrance to this place did not reflect the awful two nights spent here. Our room stank of chemicals, something along the lines of furniture polish so badly that it was a struggle to breathe. we opened the back door only for cigarette smoke to come wafting in instead. The kitchen is policed by staff so closely that you feel guilty for not cleaning up immediately, and so a few cold meals were not enjoyed here. One toilet serves the entire ground floor (around fifteen rooms we think), as does one less than clean shower. Our final morning found us avoiding drops of blood on the floor along the corridor -- enough said.

Jen O
2008-09-10
Scotland

Nice place to stay

The room i stayed in was huge, and pretty clean. It did not have air con, but did have a fan. I was in the female dorm, but i was the only one there. So i had a great big room to myself. It is a short walk to station and food. Staff were friendly and helpful. This was my first night in a hostel, and they made me feel welcome.

Donna
2008-03-18
Australia

This was our first stop in Australia. We arrived at about eleven eager to check in as we were tired from our flight, only to be told our room wouldn't be ready til two. So we looked around the area and crashed in the common room. However, they did get the room ready for us by midday. The room was one of the largest we have stayed in and thankfully had air con. The kitchen was a bit small and in need of a through clean. Its just a short walk to the train station and supermarket from here and there's a bus stop literally over the road.

Mark and Debs
2006-07-18

Brisbane Manor Hotel, previously called the Tourist Guest House, is located in Fortitude Valley, a very nice and lively area near China Town and Brunswick Street where you can find plenty of restaurants, shops bars and nightclubs. The Hotel is at twenty-minute walk from Brunswick Street train station or you can catch a bus from the city (ten-minute walk from Roma Street Station) and then walk five minutes to your hotel.

Brisbane Manor Hotel is an historic Queenslander building with a nice decoration in the common areas. The verandah and terrace are very charming and perfect if you want to relax. There is even a TV on the terrace that you can use at leisure. The fully equipped kitchen, with oven, toaster, kettle, microwave, fridge, and TV is not always cleaned. Other facilities including the laundry, the lounge and BBQ area are also available.

The dorms have four or five beds, basic furniture, a fridge, a sink, and an old non-working TV. The other rooms (single to family rooms) can be with ensuite or with shared facilities. The bathrooms and toilets are small but clean.

At the reception, you can buy beer and cigarettes. Vending machines with soft drinks and snacks are available on the sundeck. Internet access is available but very expensive -- a few minutes cost you the regular one-hour price. This is unfortunate since many hostels now offer free internet access as a service to their guests. Two boards with non-updated job offers are in the living room and near the reception. The overall atmosphere is more like a regular hotel with families, couples, and businessmen than a backpacker place.

Lydie Martin
2006-07-18
France

The tourist guest hotel, is the only place to stay when you hit Brisbane.
Our accomodation is a fantastic country style building with a leafy green veranda, waterfalls and sundeck bar.

Located in the heart of Brisbane, in the Valley , our clean and comfy rooms or dorms are walking distance to China Town, Pubs, Clubs & Restaurants. Valley nightlife on your doorstep.

Take a look at our site, you'll see we've got a lot to offer and if you've any questions just give us a call, it's FREE ~ we'll be happy to help.

Address: 555 Gregory Terrace, Bowen Hills, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Brisbane Manor Hotel is listed on the following booking sites:

Not listed at Hostelworld Booking.com Not listed at HostelsClub

Website Brisbane Manor Hotel Brisbane www.brisbanemanor.com
Phone Number: +61 (7) 3252-4171, 1-800-800-589

Maximum Stay: 14 nights

Reception Hours: 8am to 8pm

Size: Medium (30-60 beds)

Rate Brisbane Manor Hotel