City BackPackers Hostel Stockholm, Stockholm

Norrmalm
9.1

City BackPackers Hostel Stockholm is listed at the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Booking.com

How is City BackPackers Hostel Stockholm rated on booking websites?

City BackPackers Hostel Stockholm Reviews

City BackPackers Hostel Stockholm is fantastic! Although it is one of the pricier options in the city of Stockholm (and what isn't?), anyone would highly recommend spending the extra money to have a great, clean stay. You won't regret it.

The location is in walking distance from the train station -- about fifteen minutes -- and it's situated on a corner of a main drag, so you can't miss it. There's lots of eateries nearby. One in particular, which is another fifteen-minute walk away, is called Pythinian, where they serve a great and affordable Swedish meatball dish (during the lunch hour). Just ask the front desk and they should be able to point you the way. To the main sights, it can be quite a walk dependent on where you're going; however, with that said, you can still stay away from taking the subway and the trams. Just be prepared with good walking shoes.

The rooms are spacious, clean, and safe. Doors use key codes instead of old keys or key cards, which is pretty snazzy. There is enough room to sprawl out and there are cube-sized lockers to fit important things (but not whole bags). The bathrooms are situated outside the room all around the hostel, where both bathrooms and showers were separated. There is plenty to go around and we found them to be hostel clean.

This hostel is great for lounging around and meeting people -- maybe too much, because they have so many cool spaces. The hostel is set up somewhat like a commune with different parts of the hostel on different sides of the building. In the center is a courtyard with tables and chairs, but inside your assigned door you will find many more spaces to relax on all floors. There's even a sauna in the basement that you can use for free (check for hours -- women and men use it at different times). Up near the reception area, there are also free computers to use with access to a printer and a hostel cafe right next door.

Summary

Overall, this hostel is a great choice for Stockholm, with a really cool vibe, people, and staff. There's always events on the chalkboard of things the hostel has organized and you can tell they want to make your experience a memorable one. If you have a chance, just stay here!

Lonedz
2015-01-11
entrance reception computers/ printer outside common space sauna! common space hostel cafe 8 bed dorm communal showers bathroom

Nothing special, some annoying features

Likes -- excellent location, friendly staff, good common areas, fairly quiet rooms. Dislikes -- WiFi only works in the common areas, you have to leave your shoes at the door, confusing floor layout, no elevator, so-so day lockers, some bathrooms are old-fashioned and cramped and have leaky pipes, they give you flimsy bits of paper instead of key cards, the stove's burners have little buttons on its surface instead of knobs, and they gave me the wrong price for tickets to the airport, which forced me to change more money at the train station. Each of those issues alone is no big deal, but altogether they are frustrating. I wouldn't stay here again.

Max
2014-07-10
Age 27 | Canada

I stayed 2 nights here, and it is hands down the cleanest hostel I've ever seen. I've not encountered nicer staff, and they do NOT ignore guests. I talked to at LEAST 6-7 workers multiple times and they were nothing but friendly and went well out of their way to answer questions and help me. I didn't have a way to charge my tablet because I had no adapter -- they loaned me one free of charge. The bathrooms are VERY clean, like perfectionist clean. There are so many bathrooms and showers, I couldn't begin to count them all. There are no freaking bedbugs. Free wifi and computer use, free pasta, plenty of fridges for every dorm, TONS of places to sit and lounge, the guests ACTUALLY SOCIALIZE and mingle instead of being glued to their device. Back in the USA, you can pay several times the price of this for the most awful experience ever. If you come here. Go stay a night. It's an amazing hostel. I would recommend to anyone.

Neon
2014-04-14
Age 29 | USA

Typical

The rooms were clean and the hostel was very close to where we needed to be. But the staff was often rude and seemed to ignore the guests often.

#
Kelly
2014-03-14
Canada

Great hostel!

It's one of those travelers' paradises. A lot of open spaces to hang out and meet other travelers and a large kitchen for communal dinner. The location is great! About a 10 minute walk from CENTRALEN (the central metro, bus and train terminal) and where the airport shuttles drop you off. (But it took me a while to find initially because of construction.) The hostel itself is also quite central -- about 15 minutes walk to Galma Stad through the main shopping streets. The beds were soft and comfy (I slept better than at home), and the rooms (at least mine) are always dark and have constant AC blowing (white noise = paradise to the light sleeper like myself). I wasn't so wild about the idea of free pasta -- until I needed it. I wanted to try a few swedish foods (smorgasbords, the fish, akvavit) but otherwise, eating out every night was just too expensive. I had the hostel's breakfast (cheap but good and unlimited cereal!), wandered around all day, then and carbo-loaded for the next day's 10 mile walk with a pasta dinner. It was so cheap and perfect. The pub crawl was great, you get a swedish beer, akvavit, a swedish snack (pickled herring) and got to meet fellow travelers. It marked a lot of things off my list! I found out the sauna + lake jumping activity is only in Winter, so maybe next time. Still enjoyed the free sauna. Plus free wifi (yay!), and I used their computers quite a bit for planning my next trips. Overall -- a wonderful hostel!

#
Alison
2013-07-15
Age 26 | USA

Friendly and cheap (for sweden)

one of the best places i've been to on the trip. stayed here four nights and loved it. it's too pricey to go out drinking in scandinavia so everyone just sits in the courtyard and does it. it's also close to the station and very clean. has free internet too!

TJC
2008-07-29
Canada

Good

I stayed here Sept. 2006. clean. lockers. free internet. good showers. close to train. have to take your shoes off in this hostel. guy at reception was rude.

kevin
2008-05-03
canada

Great Hostel

Nice facilities -- Friendly, helpful staff. Great place to meet people. Great location in a great city! I've stayed at a ton of hostels and this one is on my favorite list.

Brandon
2008-04-10

City BackPackers Hostel Stockholm Reviews from the Web

+ Clean enough, nice staff and relatively cheap hostel in Copenhagen. Bike rent is nice.

- No place to hang out in the building where our dorm was. Hostel isn't exactly near the central station but location is OK (about 30 min walk).

It would be nice if a hostel with this price had a kitchen.

Overall we could recommend this hostel.

helkamarja973
2022-08-05

Built like a submarine. Common area is very quiet. Beds are decent. Only a few showers. My room was beneath the restaurant so it was quite loud. Lots of issues with the washing machine.

a0Ou9sogrwKX8fdc
2022-07-26

I only spent one night in the CBH, therefore I cannot say much. The rooms were okay, the place is well located. If you arrive late at night, it's a bit tricky to find your way, there are a lot of codes you need to get to your room. So just be patient with it (also the night entrance is not the main entrance! I got slightly nervous when I couldn't find it so late at night). The bunkbeds could definitely improve, the guy sleeping in the bottom bed moved all night and this woke me up constantly.

leahbali2123047
2022-07-23

I just stay there for one night. The location its very good close to the train station.

susan14soto
2022-07-21

It was a solid hostel but nothing great. Most of the rooms are underground, lockers aren't big enough for most bags, there were no group activities/ staff hanging but there were definitely opportunities to chat with the central lounge area. Not enough toilets. It was nice to have the bar/ restaurant next door, especially when the live band was playing. Nice to be by the train station, but other than that, a decent little walk or quick subway to where you actually want to be in Stockholm.

kimjberkeley6255
2022-07-18

I loved this hostel, the vibe, the people, the location was all amazing! Will definitely be back

nikiharvey761
2022-07-18

I had an incredible time at CBH in Stockholm! The location was great, the beds were very comfortable, and the staff was kind and helpful. The atmosphere and vibes were excellent, there was even live music the evening I was there! Would definitely stay again!:)

sarardlh2491
2022-07-18

Very clean, plenty of facilities and quiet. Decent location for getting about the city. As far as hostels go, this is a good one.

DaedricAgent
2022-07-17

I loved the stay although it was just one night! I would recommend this hostel to my friends due to it's relaxed vibe and fun interior design. The kitchen was big and easy to use and we could use the luggage room both before checking in and after checking out. The free coffee from 11am was also a big plus!

annakanninen01969
2022-07-16

I stayed in the female dorm for one night. The hostel has a really nice vibe. There was even a band playing in the courtyard in the evening. The room was alright. The bunk beds were a little bit shaky but not too bad. You need to put the sheets on the bed yourself and take them out for check out.

azinzahrayi4867
2022-07-16

Wonderful spot! So many hangout spots, easy to meet people, free pasta, great location. Highly recommend!

softballrules038692
2022-07-15

It is unfair to leave this rate? Well, the employees are the face of the company and the company are the ones who chooses their employees. Unfortunately our flight got canceled and we couldn't make the first day. I completely understand the policy of not refundable and i would pay to stay in a Hostel that we have choosen. The staff (man with long dark hair) from Jully 15th afternoon was completely inappropriate, BLACKMAILING, acting as if there is no superior to get in contact with.

elianateix935426
2022-07-14

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Super clean, perfect location and I felt very safe during my stay. Only thing that could be improved is that I found the dorm room I was in to be a bit too cold. Half of the hostel is also underground so there's basically no light, which can be a problem if (unlike me) you plan to spend your days inside. They give you a little map of the hostel which is welcomed for

niallsmilx4955
2022-07-14

Fantastic for meeting other young travellers! Common areas always have people and it really fosters a sense of community. Facilities had a lot of character and were really fun and memorable. maybe could use a few more showers and some of the bunks were pretty high up but not really an issue at all. Would highly recommend!!

gabstergoldman1994
2022-07-14

Glad I did a room with a private bathroom, which was definitely the way to go. I wish there were more events to bring people together or encourage conversation but overall the location was great and I had a great stay.

rikako1024274
2022-07-12

Great hostel to stay at, but wifi could be a lot better.

pamirk
2022-07-12

Great kitchen and chill area, made it really easy to meet people. Lovely sauna and rooms were great. Best hostel l stayed in so far

jillalize
2022-07-11

Good location, lovely staff, and very secure! The common facilities like sauna and kitchen are really quite nice for a hostel. No planned social activities but if you make friends with your roommates, there are plenty of good bars and clubs to walk to!

brianabloss3762
2022-07-11

We stayed in the 8 bed private en-suite and it was awesome. Super clean and so much space! The rest of the hostel itself had great vibes and the staff were very nice. I loved that everything was electronic and that the codes changed daily. We had one issue with a code and we called the staff number after hours and they responded immediately. Great location and amenities. We would 100% stay here again!

Kirene04
2022-07-11

I had an amazing stay. The hostel is nice and cosy, the people are friendly and you've got everything you need.

aTaerlmeU5Erobnv
2022-07-08

The #1 choice for travellers visiting Stockholm - voted one of the top 10 hostels worldwide on numerous occasions by guests.

FREE high speed Internet on 6 computers & WIFI in all guestrooms 24h!
FREE pasta! (Though you have to bring the sauce yourself!)
FREE evening sauna! the ultimate Swedish experience!
FREE fresh coffee & tea!

We are a 'not-too-big' and environmental-friendly hostel with a familiar atmosphere. The location is the best possible in the city centre - safe and quiet, although it's only a 500 meter walk from the Central Railway & Bus Station. Many of the city's sights, including the Old Town, can be found within walking distance and the main shopping street, Drottninggatan, is just around the corner.

You can stay in a room with 2, 4, 6 or 8 beds (please note that 2-bedded rooms can normally only be booked directly through the hostel). Female dorms are provided.
Note: Sheets, pillow cases and duvet covers are a must-have and in case you do not bring you own, you will have to rent them for 50 SEK. If you bring a sleeping bag, you will need to rent a sheet and a pillow case for 25 SEK or - of course - bring your own.

We also have a private studio for up to 6 people with bathroom, shower and kitchen.

We have two fully-equipped guest kitchens within the hostel and also many restaurants/breakfast options in the neighbourhood. When you want to relax there is a hot sauna and lounge areas with satellite TV and daily newspapers available. We have quite a lot common areas to hang out and meet other travellers. Every night is movie night when we show a popular Swedish film. We also have table tennis + Trivial Pursuit in a dozen different languages.

For your security there are lockers both inside and outside the rooms (bring a padlock or buy one for 25 SEK in the reception!). Before you check in or after you have checked out you can keep your luggage in our luggage room. The hostel also keeps a nice courtyard at your disposal.

City BackPackers has an environmental-friendly approach and is working on getting the EU eco-label for accommodation (the flower). This includes among other: waste recycling, electricity from renewable sources, energy efficient whitewares and light bulbs, no smoking and an environmental policy.

City BackPackers is open 365 days a year and has no curfew. No hostel membership is needed.

The bar/restaurant next door normally has special food-and-drink-offers for all hostel guests.

Please note that you must book for
a minimum of 2 nights at the weekend if one night is Friday or Saturday. Please note should you need to, you should cancel a booking 24 hours before

City BackPackers Hostel is situated in a 19th Century building on the square Norra Bantorget, which you find about 500 meters from the Central Station and Cityterminalen (the main bus terminal). You find us at Upplandsgatan, which is the extension of Vasagatan - the main street outside the Central Station. The hostel is located in the first building on Upplandsgatan as you arrive from the Central Station.

Address: Upplandsgatan 2a, Norrmalm, Stockholm, Sweden

City BackPackers Hostel Stockholm is listed on the following booking sites:

Phone Number: +46 820 6920

Digital Nomads

Bike Rental

ATM

Live Music/Performance

Reception Hours: 08.00 until 02.00 at night

Size: Very Large (100+ beds)

Rate City BackPackers Hostel Stockholm