Ostello Cinque Terre Hostel, Cinque Terre

Manarola
7.2

your hostels in Cinque Terre

Do you want to book your hostel online?

Check out Hostelworld.com

Ostello Cinque Terre Hostel Reviews

Clean, helpfull staff, wonderfull surroundings!

we went by car to cinque terra and were a bit surprised that you have to leave your car on top of the huge hills in a paid parking place. If you're lucky you will find a place to park, it's quite crowded with all the tourist. From that parking space you can take the little shuttle bus or walk downstairs to the hostel. Walk is about ten or fifteen minutes. The staff is really organised and friendly, very helpful even! Rooms are not to crowded and clean. You have to buy a coin for the shower, so that sucks, but there is warm water, so ok. breakfast is not included though. From the town you can go by foot or by boat to the other small towns from cinque terra, better to do that than go by car, since there is no way you can park your car anywhere near the small towns. Lovely area!

Marjan
2009-07-23
Netherlands

A fantastic place to stay in a beautiful town!

I love Cinque Terre, and this hostel was the perfect place to stay. Yes, there are a lot of rules, including a lockout, but why would you want to stay inside -- it's the Cinque Terre! It is extremely clean, and the staff are very friendly, especially if you make the effort to be polite and respectful. The common eating area is huge, and they have board games, travel books, and a book exchange. The only complaint would be the showers -- they are coin operated, and each token is only five minutes. If you need extra time, then each token is 50 cents, but to put the tokens in, you have to get out of the shower, and then get back in, so it is a bit of a pain. However, the great meals in the cafe and the views of the sea from the rooms make this hostel an amazing place to stay.

Caitlin
2008-07-30
Canada

I didn't stay here but just went in to ask some questions. The staff were snobbish and rude and not very welcoming. I hope they are nicer to their paying guests! However, I will never attempt to find out as I would never stay where people were so unfriendly.

Just a visitor
2006-10-18

I loved this hostel! The staff was very friendly, the food was good --especially breakfast -- the shower and rooms were clean and secure, and the rooftop terrace and dining area patio were great places to relax, drink wine, read, and meet interesting people. I didn't really notice any rules! I had a wonderful time here and will definitely return!

Kara
2006-06-30

I would be very wary about staying at this hostel. I reserved this hostel months in advance, only to show up and find out the owner cancelled my booking. They charge your credit card for the first night three days before you arrive. Apparently he put the expiration date in wrong. Anyway, he told me they were full, shrugged his shoulders, and went on to the next customer. He told me I could stay with one of his friends (for much more money). Not a chance!

DeeHizzle
2006-06-02

Response from the accommodation:

we charge the credit card provided only three days before your arrival (you can cancel without fee until 72h in advance). if the card does not work (no money / wrong exp. date/ authorization refused) we will cancel your reservation and we will notify you by e-mail. check your e-mail regularly!!!!!!!! we don't accept debit card/visa electron/maestro. we accept only visa/mastercard.

Overall a great place. Clean, friendly, and the staff were very helpful. The downside is that they do have a bunch of rules, so if you're looking for a full-on party spot, probably try elsewhere, but overall I was really pleased with my stay.

Greg
2006-05-20

I stayed at this hostel literally just after it opened, around 1998. It was good then, certainly clean, and better than anything else I could find at the time, which included hotels. Incidentally, there is a beach in that town where Italian tourists have sex in public. I'm not going to tell you precisely where, of course. An astonishing thing, for me an American. Look for the steps that lead to nowhere.

Zack
2006-04-30

This was a pleasant place to stay. The room was spacious with big lockers and a nice view. The clothesline on the roof was really convenient for drying clothes (provided it doesn't rain!). The showers are a little small and are token operated (one token equals five minutes). The staff are friendly and helpful.

2005-10-23

Ostello Cinque Terre is an independent hostel with 48 beds. There is no age limit and hostel membership is not required. Beds are in dorms FOR MALES OR FEMALES ONLY with 6 beds per room and shared bathrooms. Family rooms are also available, with 4 or 6 beds per room and private bathroom. All rooms have lockers and reading lights for each guest. Most rooms have sea views. On the ground floor of the hostel you will find a common room/restaurant. Breakfast and dinner are available, as well as snacks and drinks. Outdoor seating for breakfast and dinner is available on our patio. Free wi fi for guests in specific areas. Free showers.

FROM 2012 NEW MANAGEMENT WITH NEW RULES: no curfew / no daily lockout.

Address: Via Riccobaldi 21, Manarola, Cinque Terre, Liguria, Italy