Rucksack Hotel Lübeck, Lübeck

7.1

your hostels in Lübeck

Do you want to book your hostel online?

Check out Hostelworld.com

Rucksack Hotel Lübeck Reviews

Good location with all the necessities

i stayed at this hostel in Sept. 2009 for one night. it is in a good location, right beside a supermarket. it has clean and cosy rooms. its kitchen has all you need for cooking food and the social area is also nice and cosy for chatting to other travelers. i would stay there again.

Treasa
2009-10-12
Irish

Clean, warm, good value for money, plenty of hot water.

Piia, who manages the hostel, is a charming women who made sure everything was to our satisfaction -- we booked one of the double rooms with en-suite, which are located on the ground floor. These are accessible to wheelchair users with wheelchair friendly doorways, and the shower/WC has been adapted to accommodate wheelchair users as well. The vegetarian cafe/restaurant within the same complex serves good food at sensible prices -- extensive breakfast selection for a few Euros. There is also a kitchenette area where guests can prepare their own food if they wish. The location is around twenty minutes' walk from the Hbf/bus station across the city centre of Lubeck, and the bus station is a twenty-minute bus journey from the airport (catch Linie 6 directly outside of the airport main gate). Overall, very satisfied.

UK Traveller
2008-11-07
UK

We tried to book a night at this hostel. We emailed them and asked if we could book by email, which was fine. When we then wrote to specify which room we wanted, and informing that we might arrive late, we got no reply. As I became worried about this, I emailed to confirm the booking. Then I got a rather rude reply, saying that since I hadn't specified a room (which I had!), she hadn't made any reservations for us, and that we would have to take the most expensive room because of this. I figured that she never got my second email. She also said that she now had reserved this expensive room for us. Then she wrote that we shouldn't arrive too late, because the reception closes at 8 pm! The weird thing is, that if she hadn't gotten our second letter, then she wouldn't have know we'd get there late? Anyways, we figured that it was all a cause of language misunderstandings (even though I wrote in German!), and came there as planned (and in good time too!). When we finally arrived, there was no room for us free after all! Plus, inside, it was so cold that the people working in the reception wore outdoor jackets, and it was so messy and dirty, that I was glad that we didnt have to stay there.

Sofie and Johan
2006-12-13

Is the most marvellous place i've ever been. Pia, the owner is like a mother, open-minded, great relation, great woman. I feel like at home. i recommend it to everybody.

Elisa
2006-07-24

I found this hostel to be the most welcoming and homiest place that I've been to so far. The prices are reasonable and the advice from the owner, Piia, is priceless. The rooms are clean and warm, and there is no curfew. Everything is very flexible, including the kitchen that you have every right to use.

Emily
2005-06-20

Entering this hostel it's a feeling of homecoming. Cozy atmosphere, good dormitories, nice staff, big kitchen and garden (unfortunately it was too cold to lie in the sun). It is situated just a 5-minute walk away from the historic city of Lbeck and the bus station. Me and my girlfriend can only recommend this place. We'll come back.

Paul
2005-02-01

This hostel looks really nice. It has a little patio garden at the front with tables, chairs and a fountain. The landlady is interested in Feng Shui (ie. good vibrations) and puts effort in decorating the place. The kitchen and fridge can be used by guests. There is also a dinning/common area where backpackers can talk. There is no curfew because every guest is given a key.

There aren't many dorms, only 3-4. If no beds are available, the landlady will let you sleep in a small bed in a corner. There are rooms of 2 (17 euros/bed/night), 4 (15 euros/bed/night), 6 and 8 beds (both 13 euros/bed/night). Some rooms have handicapped access. Bedlinen costs 3 euros a night. Breakfast is available upon request for 3 or 5 euros depending on what you want to eat.

There are 2 showers and 2 toilets for each gender. The bathroom is quite small but it looks more cosy. It certainly is clean and functions well. The rooms are spacious. There are cupboards and you can get the key to lock them if you pay a 5 euros deposit. There are also extra covers if you are cold during the night.

The hostel is on kanalstrasse close to the supermarket Aldi. When you are in front of Aldi and the river is on your right, walk straight ahead to the hostel just across the first street corner. The hostel is right next to a restaurant.

I really recommend this place because the hostel looks really nice and original and because the landlady is so friendly and helpful. She also needs help sometimes so you can try asking for a job.

Celine
2004-11-26
Belgium

I was shocked at the atrocious service I received upon arriving. I even had a reservation and was turned away at the door. A couple of hours later, the same lady who told me off apologized via e-mail because she was "hungover" from a late night concert. Too bad for her, but that still doesn't excuse the rudeness. Otherwise, the place looked like it could have been fun. Too bad.

Victor