Bruegel Hostel - Brussels, Brussels

Bruegel Hostel - Brussels, Brussels (edit listing)

City Centre Groups (10+ people) Party Hostel

Bruegel Hostel - Brussels is listed at the following booking sites:

Address: Heilige Geeststraat 2, City Centre, Brussels (Bruxelles/Brussel), Belgium

Coordinates: 50.841896, 4.351544 (accuracy not guaranteed)

Bruegel Hostel - Brussels is listed on the following booking sites:

Bruegel Hostel - Brussels at Hostelworld Bruegel Hostel - Brussels at Hostelworld Bruegel Hostel - Brussels at Booking.com Bruegel Hostel - Brussels at Booking.com Not listed at HostelsClub Not listed at HostelsClub
Phone Number: +32 (0)2 511 0436

Stop on!

Thank you very very much for the staff's support they've given me during this difficult weekend. They were attentive to my needs, helpful and excellent listening skills. MERCI.

Natacha

Age 23, France
2014-05-12

Stuff stolen from bedroom!

This is the most terrible hostel i've ever seen. We stayed with a large group. At entrance the staff made fun of us that we would not be okay in our heads. The rooms are very dirty. At breakfast they didn't have any cheese or meat only sweet spreads. The second day my digital reflex camera and wallet were stolen from my hotel room during breakfast. When i went to the staff in panic, they told me i'd probably left the door open! What do they think i'm stupid??? They couldn't show me where the police office was, because they didn't now. And worst of all, there were fleas in my bed! I was so furious (I was bitten all over the place). I told the staff i wanted to speak to the manager. Then they told me he wasn't in the hostel because 'he has a life'? WTF?! NEVER EVER go here. Even the street would be a better option for me.

Maud

(Netherlands)
2013-05-16

A really dirty hostel

I am a student of a school in Austria. We stayed at this hostel for one week and we really enjoyed this week in Brssel but the hostel was unacceptable at all. Here are some facts about this hostel.

The rooms are really dirty, the water is cold in the showers for more then 5minutes, there is mold everywhere in the toilets and also in the rooms, the breakfast-buffet is quiet small, the owners of the hostel are really unfriendly, the hostel is closed from 1am 7am. I won't stay there for a second time. I think that's all to say.

Markus

(Austria)
2012-10-23

Avoid this place

We had a stay there with some friends for new year's eve. The first thing is their odd and strict regulation about closure between 10 am and 4 pm -- you just get kicked out of the hotel (I mean Kicked out, not just gently asked to leave the room) because the "clean" the room, their staff must not be very efficient, because it is quite dirty. Showers are broken, staff is not very polite, Breakfast is just ok. Location is ok, that's the only good point.

Pascal

(France)
2012-05-28

Bruegel hostel

excellent localization, nice staff, great breakfast, room, bathroom and sheets very clean. The room was comfortable enough, except for the fact the blanket wasn't good enough for the cold (take your winter pj's!). I also found the dinner too expensive (11 euros) and sad that they don't have a microwave or something for us to hot something to eat.

Take your towels because they don't provide it to you. The bar is really nice, from 8h until 9h you get a beer after buying one and it's not expensive. I would definitely stay again and I recommend it.

Juliana

(Brazil)
2011-02-23

If you want to have a good time, DO NOT GO THERE

I went there with some friends for Easter. We picked this hostel because of its central location. But quickly realised that it was a big mistake. We had to wait over an hour to get us checked-in. Girls at receptions were so slow it was unbelievable. How hard can it be to check-in 5 persons. They were completely useless. Then we discover the 10am rule. Everyday by 10am you have to leave the hostel. If you are not gone, the cleaner ask you to leave. Sometimes they knock to the door and sometimes not they just enter in the room. From 10am to 14pm, your are not allowed in the hostel. After 10am the front door is locked and the receptionist must push on a button to let you out. When you ask her to open the door, she said to wait because she's talking to her friend as she can't push on a f!!king button while talking at the same time. The staff in this place were without a doubt the least hospitable I've ever encountered. They just don't give a sh!t about you. As somebody said, this place should be renamed Bruegel Youth Hostile. After the second night we were told to change room without any reasons. We were 4, staying in a 4 bed room. Why would you move 4 pers from a 4 bed room to another 4 bed room? Only reason we could see was to annoy us because we were not ready at 10am every morning. Other thing, in both room we had a shower room but there was no curtain. So you can imagine how the floor looked after 4 pers. took a shower. But at least we had one some friends were staying in another room with no shower and they paid the same price. They had to use the shared ones with no lights and water leaking from the ceiling. THIS PLACE IS NOT WORTHY, MAINLY BECAUSE OF THE STAFF AND THEIR STUPID RULES. SERIOUSLY, DO NOT GO THERE.

Davy

(France)
2010-04-06

International Youth Hostel Bruegel is a simple, inexpensive, and boring hostel with a great location for exploring Brussels.

The location of the International Youth Hostel Bruegel is very convenient to the train stations and the central square. It is a five-minute walk from the central train station and ten minutes from the southern train station (Gare du Midi). The central square is a five-minute walk downhill.

The rooms are very clean and of moderate size. Each room has its own key, but no lockers are provided. There is a small dresser where items can be stored. The rooms have sturdy, wooden beds. Rooms have a small table and chairs, but not private bathrooms. The dorms have one, two, three, or four beds. The bathrooms are clean but have no soap so we question how sanitary the entire hostel is with nobody washing their hands properly.

The hostel is closed from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. They will let you into reception and to get items out of the lockers. The hostel also closes at 1 a.m.; however, sometimes it is possible to arrange for an entry key to get back in after curfew.

The common spaces leave a lot to be desired and are always empty. Each floor has a different type of common room -- one has theater-style seating in front of a small TV, another has desks resembling a library. There are several tables outside in the courtyard opposite the entrance. The basement has a small bar. A large cafeteria is just down the hall from reception. This is not a very social hostel and most people keep to themselves.

Lunch and dinner are available at decent prices, but one of the best parts of Brussels is the food and there are a lot of good deals to be found. Breakfast is included, but leaves a lot to be desired. It is only available from 7 to 9 a.m. They pull all the food off right at 9 and promptly unplug the juice and coffee machines. Breakfast consists of plain cereal, very plain slices of sandwich bread (no toaster available), and jams. Coffee, milk, and orange juice are also available. Breakfast is only good for a very light snack and it's no reason to wake up early.

Secure lockers are available for per-day rates. You have to pay each time you need to open the locker. Wireless internet is free, but the signal is pretty weak. Reception is intermittent in the rooms but pretty reliable in the common areas and in the lobby.

Summary

The International Youth Hostel Bruegel is simple and lacks character, but it is inexpensive and has a great location. It is located in an ideal location between the two train stations and the main square. This is a great hostel to stay in if you are looking to save some money and dont plan on spending very much time at the hostel.

Matt Chambers

2009-10-13

Don't stay there, not worth it.

Me and my boyfriend stayed there for six nights. I had done the reservation of a room with private shower and toilet. Instead, they gave us one with two separate beds, no bathroom or toilet whatsoever. We complained and they changed us to a berth with private shower. We were so tired we didn't complained further. Was until when we went back from dinner and the staff asked us if we were satisfied with the room. When back in the room we realized the reason of his questions -- the shower cabin didn't have a protection, so the floor simply got soaking wet every time we tried to shower. When we wanted to go to the toilet, we had to get out of the room to do so, what was not pleasant. In the following day we complained about the shower cabin, they said they couldn't do anything but giving us towels to put on the floor and the cleaning staff would clean it for us daily. First, the cleaning was not daily, the room was really messy after a three-minute shower. We discovered that when the second floor guys took their shower right above our room, a river would start pouring out of the ceiling of the shower cabin (looked liked we were having bath too). The staff were really unfriendly -- in the morning we had to leave before 10 a.m. otherwise the door would close, and the lady would just start screaming "are you leaving? what's your room number?" -- trying to control everyone, not allowing us to leave before that, which was childish and a waste of time. Terrible. We had to be back before 1p.m. The desk where we did the check in and out was always busy (only one person there) with huge lines, and they would ask you to stay in the line even if you only wished to change a coin in order to use the computer. Once I was feeling really sick and had to return home and the lady in the desk was dealing with a check-in. I was visibly ill, she kept on with her things, I tried to go up to my room, she said I couldn't because it was being cleaned. I had to say to her I was about to vomit and had my medicines in the room so that she allowed me to go. First, she verified for the fourth or fifth time our identity. By the way, the price didn't include the towels. It was cheap, but really silly. Here, we had to have breakfast from 7 to 9 a.m.! Very stupid restrictions regarding the schedule. Don't stay there. The other youth hostels are better for similar prices.

Okayday

(Portugal)
2009-08-24

How is Bruegel Hostel - Brussels rated on booking websites?

Cleanliness

Atmosphere

Overall

Hostelworld (1228 Reviews)

Hostels.com (3 Reviews)

Overall

Rate Bruegel Hostel - Brussels

Groups (10+ people)

Currency Exchange

Elevator/Lift

Reception Hours: 7.00 am till 1.00 am

#

Size: Very Large (100+ beds)