Backpackers International Perth, Perth

Northbridge
5.2

Backpackers International Perth is listed at the following booking sites:

It is the only way to book Backpackers International Perth

How is Backpackers International Perth rated on booking websites?

Backpackers International Perth Reviews

I will come back!

I was staying there for a few months and till now, is the best hostel that I have been in Australia. There is a new owner and he renovate it. It's pretty new, so he still fixing some stuff. If you are looking for a familiar hostel you have to go there. The common areas are really helpful to meet people and the stuff is always helping you with everything. Lots of hostels in Perth are really big with lots of people, so massive, and this one makes you feel comfortable because after 2 days you know mostly everybody staying there. All the hostels in northbridge are in the night life district so there are clubs and people partying nearby and the social life is great. It has laundry, fast WIFI, fully equipped kitchen, TV with Netflix and Stan, backyard and mostly everything that you can need. It's just a few minutes walking from lots of shops and CAT free buses.

#
anonymous
2019-04-22

Bad and good things

The location is great, I spent there 6 days and I was just me in the room so it was good. You can meet nice people. And you have can seat outside and read books, tourist brochures and magazines and you have a lot of room for your food. Bad points -- the milk was expired (be careful!) and there is no wifi!!! You have to pay 1$/10 min. You can't watch tv at night cause there is a night club the other side of the wall. No air conditionin and poor cleaning.

Cecilia
2015-01-06
Age 21 | Spain

Awesome!!!!!

its like a share house. Very clean!!!

sara
2014-01-28
Age 18 | germany

UNDER THE LOWEST STANDARDS!!! THE MOST DIRTY PLACE I HAVE EVER SEEN

WE DO NOT recommend International Backpackers. It is the most dirty place I have ever been under all lowest standards. No cleaning staff, always dirty kitchen, balcony and (only 4) bathrooms. The reception staff changes very often, manager not customer friendly. No air condition, the furnish broken, loud beds. I really regret that we spent our money for such not worth one dollar place.

Emilia
2013-01-12
Polish

Easily improved

Dirty, advertised air conditioning but reception staff stated they can't turn it on. No toilet paper available for first night. Breakfast advertised but only supplied 1 day out of 3. Location great.

dianne
2012-12-21
NZ

Awful, Horrible, Dirty! I wouldn't give it 1 star

This is the worst place I stayed in my 7 months of travel. I would first like to say that I have no doubt in mind that the "good" reviews on this page are fake or this place has rapidly gone downhill since that time. We paid for 3 nights and on the second night we had a notice on our door claiming we owed money for the next day. They will not issue receipts and only except cash; hardly a surprise considering the manager is only looking to make quick money from you. I heard horror stories from the current backpackers complaining about the state and wanting to leave the response being "well, you don't have a receipt to prove you paid for those nights". We paid $60 (AUD) for a double room, it was disgusting. They had a broken wardrobe in the room that you couldn't use, I can only assume this is because the manager is too lazy to remove it and has very little or no standards. The locker was broken and couldn't be closed. They had draws but they had no handles. The window was broken and couldn't be closed (Night club under the window). The standard wire mesh over the window was broken and the used newspaper to "fix" the problem. The lock on the door was held in by sellotape - very safe. The staff came into the room when we weren't there and didn't appear to clean or change anything. There was no bedding when we arrived and the receptionist just threw some sheets, pillows and a duvet (that appeared dirty and over used) on the bed that had crumbs all over it. There was dirty tissue under the bed. The taps in the shower came off. The glass surrounding the shower had enormous cracks down it. They had 1 mug (broken) in the kitchen for all guests to use. Me and my partner decided to over look all of those things, it's all part of the experience. What a mistake. At 8pm the night club under our window began. Something we were not told about. So the TV in the communal area went up and the laundry began. Four walls all surrounded by noise so much so that the TV in our room couldn't be heard on full volume. This went on until 2.30am, then the drunks came. The TV was also put on at 8am even if nobody was watching it. Complete SH*T HOLE. I am currently doing research to allow me to report them to any organisations that deal with these matters. I am surprise I haven't contracted some disease.

Laura
2012-08-13
British

What you would expect minus the rude front desk reception.

The first stay I was "welcomed" by one of the girls at the front reception necessarily rudely and after a long flight it wasn't the kind of "Welcome to Perth" I was looking for. It also says they serve basic breakfast which turned out to be a lucky draw if it would come or not and when it did it was as they said VERY basic but also missing at least one thing from the list -- Bread but no milk? The only other bad thing was that they turn on the air-conditioning at 10 pm so if you are an early sleeper be ready to change your sleeping habits. The only reason I can say I tolerated it, was that I made a good friend so that we could b*tch about the experience together. A good point of the hostel is that you can clean for an hour (or more) for free board also that it is all girls. I also heard the guy that owns the place is really nice but I never got to meet him so it could be unfair to blame the rudeness of the place solely on how the reception girls are.

Donna
2012-05-09
New Zealand

Terrible manager!!!!!

the hostel is always DIRTY, bathrooms (only 4!!) and kitchen. Obviously this has just one big and one small pot, and one decent pan, we have to do the queue for them!! 5 forks, 3 spoons and 1 knife, 2 cups!! THIS WAS IT!! Not only, the manager is always angry, frowny and unkind! Every day!! The beds make a lot of noise when you move in bed and the whole bunk bed moves!!!!! The balcony is always full of broken glass!!!I got a piece stuck under my foot!!!

2012-03-05
ITALY

Recently refurbished, Backpackers international is a small and friendly hostel run by seasoned travellers for genuine backpackers.
Our dorms are roomy and not overcrowded, our bathrooms clean, our kitchen is massive, we have a covered smoking area, TV room, BBQ facilities and a laundry.
We provide free breakfast, filtered water and free coffee and tea as well as free use of Hostel towls, snorkelling gear, boogie boards, Foxtel, and cheap bike hire.
Our staff offer a wealth of experienceand services including help finding work, CV's, letters, help with English from qualified CELTA teachers, printing, sewing repairs and knowledgable travel advice.
We love backpacking and it shows in our venue, we also have the latest check-out in Perth at 12 midday.

Address: 108-110 Aberdeen st, Northbridge, Perth, Western Australia, Australia

Backpackers International Perth is listed on the following booking sites:

Hostelworld Not listed at Booking.com Not listed at HostelsClub

Website Backpackers International Perth Perth (if you know the URL of their website, let us know and we'll add it)
Phone Number: +61 (0)8 9228 9997

Evening Entertainment

Reception Hours: 14 hours a day

Size: Large (60-100 beds)

Rate Backpackers International Perth