Valencia Lounge Hostel, Valencia

8.4

Valencia Lounge Hostel is listed at the following booking sites:

HostelsClub Booking.com Hostelworld

How is Valencia Lounge Hostel rated on booking websites?

Valencia Lounge Hostel Reviews

Awful!

Our plane arrived late and when we arrived at the hotel they are closed. We have to found an other one, they don't answer to my email until I threat them, they charge me because it's not our fault if the plane are late, true but what kind of hostel are they to closed at 22h? and don't answer when I call them at 21h30 ? They tell me I have to come if I don't want to be charge for nothing ... It's not a joke ! Very bad experience.

2016-02-08
Age 23 | France

Everything you need from a hostel

Excellent location -- step out the door and you're in the centre of the old town. Imaginative decor -- all the private rooms are individually themed, nice and clean. Enjoyed real coffee and fresh fruit at breakfast. Staff were friendly and practical. The only thing I would say is that the directions provided from the train station are a bit confusing.

Alice
2013-06-16

Feetup Hostels - Hilux Valencia deserves the prizes it has already won. The staff are incredibly friendly and they know everything about the city and will never get bothered to explain every single detail of it (it will make you feel like you need a month to explore the whole city!).

This hostel is located on the first floor of an old building, on a small street a little north of the central station, around two hundred meters from the traditional market and withing walking distance of all the historic points in the center. It is not that easy to find, because the streets have a different name almost on each block, but the good part is that street is not the noisiest in the neighborhood. This makes a difference when you go there in summer, because it will be very warm and you'll want to keep the window open. The nightlife is close enough so that you can return to the hostel under any condition.

Rooms are all small, the most you will have is four people per room, which is good, because bedrooms are not very spacious. Everyone has a private locker nevertheless, and it's recommended that you bring your own lock (you can also rent one at the reception). Beds have quite good mattresses, but the pillows are very bad.

Bathrooms are the newest part of the hostel, all recently renewed -- and the white tiles give an impression of cleanliness, which the staff will make sure to keep this way. A board behind each bathroom door shows that every two hours bathrooms have to be checked for cleanliness and anything missing, so it's always kept clean. Towels can be hired for a deposit, which is returned when the towel is returned, so it ends up for free to use.

The hostel has a well-equipped kitchen, so everyone can cook there. This place is also where breakfast happens. First, the guests should pass by the reception and get a basket with a reasonable amount of food, which will be the breakfast. It's the only likely place to meet people, because the lounge beside the reception and the other one at the back of the building are always empty. It seems reasonable, as there's so much to do in the city. The staff also has agreements with different companies; for instance, with a bike rental place. They call the bike rental, and by the time you arrive there, a bike is already waiting for you. It is a great idea to ride a bike around town, because the attractions are reasonably far from each other (City of sciences and arts, beach) and the city is very flat.

Summary

The price is low compared to other places, which makes up for not having the most central location ever. Breakfast is simple but good. The cleanliness is way above the average of hostels. You certainly cannot expect anything else from a good hostel.

Vinicius Tragante
2012-09-03
Belgium

This is the place to be if you're going to Valencia (especially as a couple). The rooms are absolutely gorgeous, the staff is incredibly nice and helpful, and everything is very clean. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. We loved it, you will too!

2005-07-13

I stayed here for one night at the beginning of June and thought it was great. The rooms are basic but fun with individual designs and their own balconies. The Internet and mini lockers were free and we loved the lounge/TV area very comfy. It was a shame we were told that we weren't even allowed to sit on the sofa to read a book after midnight though! Showers were fine and if we'd stayed longer we would have made use of the good-sized kitchen. The free buffet breakfast was simple but very nice. It can be hard to find the place but don't let that put you off! Just be prepared for a bit of a wander through the old town Barrio El Carmen.

mj
2005-07-05

I stayed in this hostel about three weeks ago, and thought it was great, I absolutely loved how all of the rooms had a different theme to them. The reception staff were really nice and had a notebook of clubs, bars, restaurants, things to do, etc., that they recommended. This place was super clean, had plenty of bathrooms, and a really big kitchen to cook in, if you so desired. Overall, I think it is a great bargain. I will definitely stay here again.

Marisol
2005-06-08

I traveled all throughout Europe for two months in 2004. The staff was very friendly. The night guy, a 20-year-old English guy, took us on a pub-crawl. Every room has a theme. We were in the disco room. We had a record player and a balcony. REQUEST THE DISCO ROOM. Be careful though, get good directions, as there are two other Home Hostels (not as good) and it is easy to get lost in Valencia!

Scott Solomon
2005-04-12

Our stay was the best. I couldn't have asked for more. I would tell anyone to go here. It is a truly wonderful place. It's easy to find, and just as it states in the description. The staff and other guests were very nice and helpful.

2005-03-17

Valencia Lounge Hostel Reviews from the Web

Not amazing vibes but to be fair COVID. Overall a really lovely place, would stay again

emfilmer
2020-11-13

Our experience was very mixed. Having driven on Friday night from Madrid we arrived to check into our room - room four. Upon opening the door we discovered that there were guests in our room who had accidentally been checked into it. After calling a member of staff we were moved to room 5, a room that was nowhere near as nice. On Saturday we were moved to the correct room which was beautiful and what Id originally booked and paid for. A lovely hostel but a slightly annoying mix up at the start.

powelly1uk121
2020-09-25

Absolutely loved the place. In a city center, only few mins away from the central market and the cathedral. They have everything automated, you enter the hostel with a mobile app and it worked great. Check in was fast and smooth. Room was very modern and comfy, with a lot of natural light. If you do not mind sharing the bathroom, I really recommend the place.

vespersmarquess8033
2020-08-15

Liked: The rooms are nice and clean. There are good restaurants and bars in the local area. Didn't like: There is a fan but no air conditioning.Although the hostel is quite quiet, the area can be loud some nights.The wifi dropped out and when asking for the other wifi code, the staff acted irritated and it only worked in the reception.The showers are okay but not great, many of the shower heads were old or broken.There is nothing to dry your hands with in the bathrooms and although towels are advertised as included, they are not, but just 2 euros.

2015-08-03

Liked: The location was convenient. Didn't like: We arrived on Thursday and only three out of five showers were working. When we left on Sunday, only those same showers were working. There were problems every single day with the toilets. Of the four toilets, sometimes only one was flushing properly. It was disgusting to find other people's business, and from what we saw, the staff made no effort to call a plumber to fix the problems with the showers or the toilets.It was also difficult to sleep due to the noise from the street. The windows were very thin and badly insulated, and we could hear every car and person that passed by. One night, we came back to the hostel at 11pm, and our key card would not work. We knocked on the door and called reception for 10 minutes before the staff came into the building, with bags of McDonald's in hand. I thought it was extremely unprofessional for all three staff members to leave at once. When I brought it up to them, one member of the staff got very defensive and rude. I was thankful that it was our last night, because between the showers, toilets, noise, and the rude staff member, I was definitely ready to leave. I would not book this hostel again, and I would not recommend it to anyone who likes to stay in hostels that have properly functioning toilets!

2015-06-06

Hlepful staff, clean, big bathrooms.

2014-01-14

Hi there, we were a group of four, spent two nights at the hostel, great hostel. It's well situated, clean and comfortable. The staff were very nice and made us feel at home!

oren

2013-10-19

It has a good location.

Raul Sebastian Pop
2013-10-18

Helpful staff, awesome kitchen, good bathrooms, free breakfast, good location.

Stephanie Millett
2013-10-12

Excellent location, could walk anywhere.

2013-09-11

Very friendly staff, great location, many facilities, good breakfast and possible to cook, clean bathrooms

Petra Bartlova
2013-06-19

The place had character and the staff was very helpful and nice. The building was very hard for me to find, but the location is super central to the historic center. Once you master the maze of downtown, great location. I liked the bike rental option, the kitchen, the free lockers with keys in the lobby (other lockers in your room to use with your own lock), and rooms were fine. The first night I got to stay all by myself in a 4 person room, which was awesome. I met a lot of nice people staying in this hostel, as well. They sell a 5 Euro pub crawl ticket which is a good way to mingle and see the local night life. The hostel has a good vibe/energy to it. I saw a private room and it looked quite nice.

2013-06-15

Staff was great and creates a good atmosphere!

Nicole Soraghan
2013-06-07

location and the stuff

2013-05-30

very nice rooms, beautiful town, nice service.

it feels a little bit like beeing at home.

2013-05-04

Very helpfull staff. We could leave our luggages in the storage room without any problem once we made the check out.

2013-04-24

Excellent location in the center of the city, you can go everywhere. Extremely clean (for a youth hostel...) the staff can give you any information or help you can imagine, they know almost everything about the city!

2013-04-20

Located in the heart of Valencia´s beautiful and historic Barrio El Carmen, Valencia Lounge Hostel is perfectly situated for your visit to this city of the sun.

Just minutes away from the train and bus stations and a short ride from the airport…you will be unpacked and ready for your first day in no time!

Each of our spacious balconied rooms are decorated with a unique touch. Combine this with the fact that we only have double rooms you will never feel crowded.

Also, our warm and friendly staff will always have plenty of time for a chat in the cool and colourful lounge or offer advice on the best restaurants and bars to take in the vibrant and diverse nightlife that Valencia has to offer.

From the bus station take bus #8 to Plaza de L'Ajuntament then go towards the narrow end of the plaza (north) to where the street splits and take Maria Christina for about 4 blocks then cross the stone stairs on the right. Go left on La Lonja for a few blocks until it ends at Cadirers and the hostel is on the right.

Address: Calle Cadirers 11-1a, Valencia, Valencian Community, Spain

Pub Crawls

Swimming Pool

Min. Age with Parent (dorms): 18

Min. Age with Parent (private room): 18

Checkout: 12:00 (12 Noon)

Reception Hours: Limited Hours

Size: Small (less than 30 beds)

Rate Valencia Lounge Hostel