Hostel Mostel - Sofia

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Hostel Mostel - Sofia" at 2a, Makedonia Blvd..)

2a, Makedonia Blvd., Sofia, Sofia Province, Bulgaria
www.hostelmostel.com
++359 (0) 889 22 32 96
++359 (0) 889 22 32 96

How is Hostel Mostel - Sofia rated on other websites?

Great atmosphere and great staff
My friend and I only stayed for two nights in Sofia at this hostel and we truly believe that this hostel was our main attraction for this short stay. We met people from all over the world through their pub crawl and got to hear all the different experiences and life stories of everyone as well. The staff was very helpful with directions and what to see and do, they gave us a map of the city right when we got there and had a mini orientation about where to eat for traditional bulgarian food. The beds had sheets for privacy and little lockers on the wall for small valuables, as well as big lockers in the room for your bag. Great stay and had a very fun time, next time i go back to Sofia I am definitely staying here again!
Tommy
Age 24, Usa
2015-09-09

Good, cheap place to stay
Hostel Mostel in Sofia is an excellent place to hang out while visiting Sofia. I would give it 5 stars except for the bad mattresses on most of the beds. They say they are updating them. Lets hope!
Gary
Age 59, USA
2015-06-21

People there are very nice! Excellent hostel!
I stay there for 3 nights. The staff are very nice! The hostel provide space to let people meet each other. And the design of the hostel made you feel they are doing with their heart. Places are clean. Strongly recommend you to stay there if you visit Sofia!
Law
(Hong Kong)
2015-06-14
  The Location The hostel is located about a 30 minute walk from the main bus terminal or a short taxi ride. It is in a convenient location close to the main attractions of town which tourists come to Sofia for. There are a variety of shops close by. A taxi ride to many locations around the city will cost only the equivalent of a few euros. Rooms and Bathrooms The dorm rooms are a good sized and not too overcrowded. Most of the rooms are eight bed dorms and provide enough space for guests, however there is a bigger dorm upstairs that is equally good. If you need a private room, they are also available at a reasonable cost.There are also lockers located in each room for guests to use at no extra cost which fit a big bag. All rooms are cleaned dialy and are clean at all times. There are many showers and toilets on each level of the hostel and there is never a time when they are all busy. The toilets and showers always appear clean. Common Spaces What makes Hostel Mostel unique is their common spaces. The whole downstairs area is for guests to meet and relax in. There is a pool table provided that is free to use also with three computers with internet access, many tables and chairs to sit around or even a comfortable area with cushions and blankets to relax on after a long day of exploring the city and surrounds. There is also an area out the front of the hostel for smokers to go. Summary If you are after good value and a relaxed atmosphere then consider Hostel Mostel. The price includes an all you can eat breakfast as well as three choices of vegetarian dinner with a glass of beer. The staff are fantastic and no request is too much to ask. There is lots of information around the hostel of things to do around the city for little or no cost. Although it is located in the city, entry is by card access and is monitored 24/7 so you feel completely safe. The hostel is a great place to meet other travellers whether you are travelling on your own or as a part of a group.
12 months off
2014-09-10

Best among 4 i stayed in sofia
Very centre spot, u even got a bank there when turn left from exit, the showers good and decent, and main balcony of the upstairs. stayed around 5 days in 2013. noise level is good with regards that the spot is central. actually the wood stairs makes it a good architecture that gives you space atmosphere.
clearwater
Age 47, Isreal
2014-06-04

Perfect Atmosphere, Inexpensive, Convenient Location
At this hostel, you will truly feel like a guest and part of a family. I met some great people from all over the world at the TWO free meals per day (breakfast and dinner, both of which are substantial), which is part of the draw to me for staying in hostels. At check-in, an employee goes over all of the attractions, restaurants, and amenities of the city with you, providing a detailed and easy-to-use map. When I come back to Bulgaria, I will definitely stay with Hostel Mostel.
Jacob
Age 19, USA
2014-05-22

Decent place
This place was nice -- a real hostel, busy and lots of hangout. It was clean and the staff were friendly and informative. Breakfast was great. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because I think this place is better for more party-going/drinking people (which I'm not) because it was extremely loud until very late at night. So if you like partying, this could be a great place for you.
Alissa
(Canada)
2013-08-07

Amazing Service and Great Location
My husband and I stayed in the double for 3 nights and absolutely loved it. E service was incredible, I have never been given such useful information before when checking in. We ate at two of the restaurants recommended and stayed an extra day so we could take the day trip to the Rila Monestry. Which I would highly recommend as a day trip. If you go with the hostel it will cost 20euros, even the food recommendation for that trip was brilliant. The breakfast is fabulous and well worth it. Shops and all sites are an easy walk from the hostel. Our only complaint is that the double bed is VERY noisy, every time we turned through the night it woke the other person up so we didn't sleep very well. We are going back but this time have booked the twin in the hope it isn't as noisy. Other than that the hostel is PERFECT.
Rebecca