HI - Strasbourg - 2 Rives Hostel

How is HI - Strasbourg - 2 Rives Hostel rated on other websites?
4   We liked it We had a very pleasant stay at the Deux Rives Hostel. For a 10 Euro surcharge the two of us had a 4-bed room to ourselves. Mattresses and showers were good. Breakfast includes a small choice of cereals, baguette and butter, honey and other sweet spreads, coffee, tea, milk, and juice. All you can eat, but no eggs, no cheese, no sausages. The hostel is located next to a nice park and has a beautiful terrace, so you can have your breakfast outside with a view. You can also barbecue in the evening. Very close to the hostel there is a pedestrian and bicycle bridge to the German side of the Rhine river, where you can enjoy a really nice green promenade with outdoor games, playgrounds, and water fountains for children. If you don't have a car, it's rather inconvenient to take the bus downtown, because you have to walk about 10 minutes to/from the bus stop, and the buses don't run late. There are very good bicycle lanes though throughout Strasbourg, and the hostel has bikes for rent for 10 Euros per day. Visit the Forest of Robertsau north of Strasbourg by bike! It's a very nice tour, and you can swim for free and in the nude in a lake called "Blauesland". Be sure to use repellent, though ... Enjoy your stay! We did.  , age 43, Germany ()
1  The food was so damn ugly that I didn't eat anything there. In the evening, we only were allowed to drink water while we were eating; in the morning, we had only dry bread to eat, and only with marmalade. We couldn't get a shower in our rooms, because the water was flowing out of the bathroom and into our rooms. The rooms were so small that we couldn't put our bags on the floor, but we had to because there were no cupboards. We weren't allowed to be loud after 10 p.m., but the disco was going until twelve, which meant that nobody could sleep. When I wanted to buy a postcard (they sold a lot of different postcards, there was even a high price written down on a card next to the postcard), I was told that they didn't sell the postcards. An hour later, another student came and bought one. Well, after all, I just can say that, though France is great, this was the worst "hotel" I've ever been to. If I didn't had to add this comment, I wouldn't give it any stars.  ()
3  It was nice but the food wasn't really nice. I enjoyed looking around France though!  ()