Chamonix Mont-Blanc Hostel - Chamonix

How is Chamonix Mont-Blanc Hostel - Chamonix rated on other websites?
4  February ski 2006 -- family visit with car. (ample parking -- snow chains advised) On arrival check in was easy, although our ski passes had not been collected for use early the next morning as prior arranged. The manager did bend over backwards to sort this out with success. Food is excellent, as were the packed lunches. Cozy downstairs in the entertainment area, including the friendliest bar man you would wish to meet! Can get noisy if lots of 'youngsters' staying. I agree with the above comment, reception staff can be somewhat abrupt! Different sized rooms available. Entry by swipe-card. Ours was small (two bunk-beds, tiny table, hanger rail and sink, window). The bunk beds had been defaced, as had the toilet cubicles which included an unrepaired broken toilet seat and broken lock for the duration of our stay. Despite the downsides we would return. This hostel represents good value for money. You pay for what you get!  ()
3  Good place when I stayed there in 1998, but the kids were loud, rooms small, and the teenage management, although nice, seemed more interested in fun for themselves. Thus the problem really was a lack of adults on staff.  ()
2  Chamonix is a cute little somewhat-touristy Alpine town, and there is some decent lodging for €30 per person right in the town. I chose to do one night in town and two at the hostel, and I have to say that I was under-whelmed by the hostel. It is sort of out of the way from other attractions, but the bus system is easy to use (though the nearest stop is a good 5- to 10-minute walk away). I found the woman at the front desk to be really rude, and also somewhat indignant. The bathrooms were like a mini-college-dorm, only not very clean. If I went back, I wouldn't stay here again.  ()
3  A decent hostel, but like everything else in Chamonix, is truly remote from any skiing. (I am not a huge fan of Chamonix in general...it is all too fragmented.) The day I got there at 10 am by bus, I was told to take the train to the hostel. 45 minutes later I got to the station, and then followed the signs...I had to walk 800 metres with all my gear and up a million stairs before I got there. When I asked how to get to some skiing, I was told the next bus back to Chamonix town was 45 min later. I wasn't able to ski until 1 pm. One morning I got up early and walked the 800 metres down to the train for the earliest route into town... (the bus was 15 min later or something). Well, the train never showed up, so I had to walk to the nearest bus stop, but again, I'd missed the earlier ones. The hostel itself is okay - not as nice as Tignes... no ensuite or anything. The food is okay, we had kangaroo one night which was interesting. MOST of the staff were friendly.  ()