St. Vincent's Guesthouse

How is St. Vincent's Guesthouse rated on other websites?
2   It was a little disappointing ... My room smelled and it is an old building but it smelled like pet urine and cleaning agents. The room upstairs ended up causing a leak in my room and they didn't even offer to switch me to different room. I understand it is budget accommodation but I think I would have been happier at the motel 6. Location was great though the garden district is so fun and away from the super tourist areas. The people were fantastic, it was safe. I brought my own sheet, and I'm glad I did as the comforter had a stain on it. I probably won't stay here again, which I hate to say as the people were great!  , age 35, Usa ()
5   Awesome place to stay -- highly recommended! St. Vincent's Guesthouse is a great place to stay while in New Orleans. It offers a good environment of friendly people and courteous staff that are willing to help in almost any situation. It is well located in a very nice area of New Orleans, within easy walking distance of many good restaurants and bars, and also the St. Charles streetcar which runs to and from the French Quarter 24/7. Brandi is a wonderful woman who helped me tremendously during my stay at St. Vincent's -- she certainly went above and beyond in making sure I had all that I needed and was always there to help. The building itself has much history and is certainly a landmark of this great city, which is certainly saying something. It is very well kept and clean as well. I would highly recommend staying here and enjoying the peaceful atmosphere and good people of St. Vincent's -- won't find any better in New Orleans, for sure.  , age 36, USA ()
1   Refuse to refund! AND I was CURSED AT by the STAFF! Worst experience of my life! One employee yelled at me and told me "I don't have to give you s**t!" then hung up on me when I was asking for a phone number to their "Accounting Department." I have never been treated so poorly. I am currently STILL trying to get my money back. They had overbooked and even though I had made a reservation DAYS before they didn't have space for me. I didn't get a phone call from them letting me know and it wasn't until I had called to confirm that I had found out about the overbooking. Now they're saying that I cancelled outside of their cancellation policy when it was THEIR FAULT! I am filing a report with the BBB and the FTC because of these people. My bank is also going to investigate the situation to try to get my money back. Oh and I had to pay double at another hotel because it was such short notice! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!  , USA ()
1   Don't stay there It's horrible, the employees are so rude and they overcharged me. The accommodations are not comfortable and the things are not clean. Please, find another place to stay than St. Vincent's guesthouse, it was a really disappointment for me.  , Brazil ()
3   St. Vincent's is a bit rundown but affordable St. Vincent's is a bit rundown but well-located and affordable. I spent 3 nights during Mardi Gras; group of 5. We were told they overbooked so we were placed in what they called the manager's apartment -- not an apartment. It was a clean room but the furniture was rundown. I would recommend bringing your own bedding, we had sleeping bags. The staff was responsive and helpful, very nice people proving the services that they can. NOLA was a blast and the accommodations fit our needs.  , USA ()
1   “Filthy and Dangerous, Padlocked and Chained shut fire escapes” "Filthy and Dangerous, Padlocked and Chained shut fire escapes." Our Group was called two weeks before arrival and told our rooms and reservations were canceled -- after being pre-paid and pre-booked months ahead of time, Many heated phone calls later somehow we were reserved AGAIN. Too bad we insisted and checked in. I have been around the world 3 times and never seen filth like this, Sticky vomit?-stained carpets, Broken bed, Ceiling dripping god knows what onto the bed. Dirty sheets and a smell like old warm cat urine ... Unbelievably the windows were painted shut, and the 2 closest fire escapes were chained and padlocked shut!!!!! Broken/rotten rails on the second floor about 25 feet above pavement, And room doors that opened onto dangerously rotten second floor decks, With no marking or warning to stay off. seems like a bad accident waiting to happen. Avoid this filthy, Dangerous dump at all cost!!!!!  , U.S.A ()
1   HORRIBLE AND AWFUL EXPERIENCE Avoid it! This is the worst hostel I have ever seen! The stuff was stoned, rooms nasty and full of cockroaches. Friends of stuff were wandering around our cars and attempting to get in! Furthermore they overcharged us 200USD!!  , Czech republic ()
2  We were overcharged. We reserved our room online for the rate of $25 per person, per night. There were two of us so the rate should have been $50 plus tax per night and shouldn't have been much more than $150 for our three-night stay. When we returned home, we discovered our credit card had been charged over $300 for the three night stay. The room wasn't worth any more than $50 per night. We have called and written trying to get the money owed us back. The manager is always unavailable and hasn't written or returned our calls.  ()
St. Vincent's Guesthouse Reviews from the Web