Planete Backpackers

How is Planete Backpackers rated on other websites?
Planete Backpackers Reviews from the Web
1   FLEAS! We noticed the rooms were dirty when arriving, then we got bites, after research and knowledge about a 'crazy dog that goes around everywhere.' we found out we had FLEAS!!!! The manager, he said it was rashes, blamed the water, soap and was adamant that it was not fleas. Upon trying to get our money back the owner said we were 'never happy'! WE had FLEAS!!! The montreal hostel under the same owner, has bedbugs and the flea ridden dog is now there. (As told by the manager!) DON'T GO! FLEAS!  , UK ()
1   Bad, can't be trusted I tried to make reservation and the first time I was told to call back and they will tell me if they have a space. I called the second time as agreed and was told to call on the day of arrival and there will be a space for me. I called when I arrived and was told there was no space. I feel they just want to squeeze as much at the cost of the comfort of others even if they have to bump others from their reservation. This is totally dishonest way of doing business.  , canada ()
1   Really did not work out. Disappointed. 2 extra guests were added and agreed upon, then one cancellation was made over a week in advance and was told charge would have to be made even though it was more than 48 hours notice. Then told that there are no beds for 6 people, only 5 or 7. This is inflexible and not a good way for a new hostel to build a clientele. We also lost the deposit of more than CAD 30.  , Canada ()
4   Comfortable, Quaint, Well located The hostel is fairly small, but quiet enough. We stayed during the winter time, so it was virtually empty. We loved the area -- there is a good, inexpensive cafe right next door (so if you are waiting to check in, it is no problem). The washrooms were clean and there is a cute dog. Double up and Go!  , Canada ()
4   A nice hostel The first thing that impressed us when we arrived there is that there is no actual front desk, just a guy going out of his room and taking cash from you, and the doors do not lock! The guy told us that there is no need to lock the rooms because nobody would steal anything, and nothing like that has happened before. We have been leaving some valuables when going out and everything was ok. The internet access is free, even on a desktop computer (in case you don't have a laptop). They do not serve breakfasts, but you can cook in the kitchen. There are only several rooms, so it's not crowded and feels like home.  ()