Discovery Cafe & Guest House

How is Discovery Cafe & Guest House rated on other websites?
3   Not a very good place to stay We got a warm welcome -- of course. Everything works well til we find out that we have to move to another place to stay (not the house in the main street), well it's ok. We just stayed for 1 night because of the rush schedule so we chose a fan room then we had to stay with a man who looks after the building. Nothing bad happened. But just because we shared the same room so we had to go to bed at the same time with him, when I had a phone call to my family, he seemed not very happy and forced me to sleep after that. Besides, we had to walk & talk in silence, it's not a big deal but it gave us a feeling that he always watched us (and the fact he did). Not in a comfortable mood at all. I definitely choose another place to stay next time.  , age 20, Vietnam ()
5   The best I have ever stayed in! Wonderful staff! We were actually planning on staying in another Backpackers in Malacca, but it was booked out on arrival. We asked a taxi driver to take us to a cheap place, and we are so so glad we did. The staff where absolutely wonderful. It is the best place in a three month holiday we have ever stayed! I have happily distributed the backpackers card all through south- east asia. We had the privilege of meeting Mr. Teng who owns the guesthouse and he often shouted us drinks, and meals, free internet. A lot of people are turned off by the price, but really it makes your experience in Malacca so much more worthwhile. He provided us the opportunity to truly experience local culture, cuisine, and restaurants, and the best food you could ever imagine! we planned on staying two nights and stayed a week! I would go back to Malacca to stay at this Guesthouse!  , Australia ()
Discovery Cafe & Guest House Reviews from the Web