Jaeger's Hostel

How is Jaeger's Hostel rated on other websites?
1   Ok Hostel, terrible business practices My friends and I booked 3 beds for a few nights here. Good beds, felt safe. Staff was very nice, cool bar. Terrible policies. They have this deal where if you'd like a towel/lock (for the lockers), you pay a hefty deposit under the idea that you get most of it back when you bring it back. However, their "policy" is that if you don't have a receipt, even if you have the items, you still receive no money back. So after talking with the man on the front desk and receiving no help, I have a 20 euro thin towel and lock with "Jaeger's Hostel" marked on them. Seems like a pretty underhanded way to get some extra money. This is a business practice that wouldn't be tolerated in the states.  , age 30, USA ()
4   Nice Hostel, Comfortable Stay My friends and I filled a 6 person room and we all enjoyed our stay. The facilities in the room were nice and service usually good. I would recommend this hostel.  , age 19, American ()
5   Wonderful hostel! Jaegers hostel was one of the best I've stayed at. The location is literally amazing, it's less than a three minute walk to the main train station. The staff are so helpful and so welcoming. The bar was really lively and a great way to meet fellow travelers. The only bad part about the hostel was there was no wifi in the rooms, other than that it was great!  , age 20, Canada ()
3   Pretty eh The 40 man was a sick joke, make sure to be absolutely wasted if you plan to sleep there. Also bring your own hand soap. And it's 1 euro to use the Internet for twenty minutes which I wish they had told me beforehand.  , age 20, USA ()
3   Not great, not horrible. Ok compared to other Munich hostels. Jaeger's is an ok place but nothing really recommendable. As absolutely NO hostels in Munich qualify as a good hostel (in my eyes), I guess this place also (barely) passes as recommendable. Positives -- decent pricing, good security, 24 reception, free wifi (only in lobby though and quite slow), good showers, good location, clean. Negatives -- rather smallish dorms, very squeaky metal beds that constantly bump into the very squeaky metal lockers, no wifi in other places than the lobby and it's slow, not a great atmosphere, no kitchen.  , age 28, Germany ()
3   Full of tour bus kids Not bad. Good atmosphere at the bar. Wifi was very slow and not in the rooms as they claim. Good lockers out back. Full of kids from the tour buses and groups.  , USA ()
5   Clean, helpful, and fun! Fun place to hang out downstairs, but quiet and clean upstairs, where the rooms are. Helpful and friendly staff that speak great English. If you go with a group of 4, you might be able to get your own room.  , age 25, United States ()
3   A definite party hostel I don't know what I was expecting from a place called Jaeger's but this is definitely a party hostel. My room wasn't very clean it was ok. The rooms are small for a 6 bed dorm but have an en suite bathroom. There should have also been a hallway bathroom in case someone was using it. The WiFi kicks you off every 30 minutes, which is quite annoying, but it's free. You get a welcome shot and drinks in the bar are cheap. There is a cheap breakfast every day but nothing too special. The best benefit is that it's right across the street from the train station and lots of cheap food choices. Be aware that school groups stay here.  , American ()
5   Hot bar nice free breakfast, hot bars, rooms are ok, no elevator but a nice guy lift my case for me. Thanks a lot!  , china ()
Jaeger's Hostel Reviews from the Web