El Sol Hostel - Recoleta

How is El Sol Hostel - Recoleta rated on other websites?
El Sol Hostel - Recoleta Reviews from the Web
5   Considering it´s a hostel, it´s the best you can expect! Awesome vibe! Considering it's a hostel, it's the best you can expect! Awesome vibe! Cool people! Very nice staff and clean!  , age 26, Chile ()
2   Good location, but facilities are lacking The hostel is in a great location and the staff seemed friendly. However the room i was in was dirty, there were no lockers (people had ipad and phones stolen when i was there) even though it states there is, and the kitchen is very small -- as in only one person can cook at a time. There is also a patio area upstairs with rooms around it, if you are staying in one of these rooms dont expect to get any sleep before 2 or 3 am as they have loud music most nights with people sitting around talking until early in the mornings -- often it is staff and people not staying at the hostel who are making the noise. I was not told this when i checked in!!!  , Australia ()
1   I do not recommend it Ancient towels and sheets and the bed was not even made when we got there. Our room was adjacent to the lobby and the door was glass, so it was hard to sleep with the light and noise. They gave us a list of rules, including quiet hours, but they were not respected by other people. At night, at least, the area felt sketchy. The bathroom was weird. The shower was in the middle of it, with nothing to contain the water. I don't know how you are supposed to take a shower without getting water all over the place. I didn't try since there was no way I was going to use those towels. When I complained, the cleaning lady tried to argue with me that all hostels are like that. What the cleaning lady did is a mystery since the room was dirty too. We reserved 3 nights, but got out of there after the first night. If I were paying 20 dollars a night it would have been one thing, but for 50 dollars it is totally overpriced for what you get.  , Chile ()
5   Way better than I expected I had a blast staying at el sol hostel in October of '09. The owner was great, and very helpful. The upstairs patio at night is the best!! Have a cocktail with other travelers, that's the way to meet people!!! If you want peace and quiet, you might want to look elsewhere. It's located at a busy intersection, but the noise is not too bad. Fantastic location. I will visit again.  , canada ()
4  I loved this place. The public areas (kitchen, bathrooms) are very clean. The owner is really nice and speaks perfect spanish and english. It's in a great part of town. And while there are lots of people, there's also surprisingly enough privacy and quiet. The only reason I don't give it an excellent rating is because it is not -- nor was it meant to be -- particularly luxurious. But if you want a nice, clean, inexpensive, well-located place, with all the basic needs provided for, then you can't do much better than here.  , Mexico ()
1  well if you feel like getting yelled at in the morning by a mean guy, ladies this is your place! I arrived early and was reprimanded. The guy that was working there yelled at me, told me I had to wait in the street until my "scheduled" check in, and was just flat out mean. I am a female single traveler, this is the end of my journey after four months of traveling. Never have I come across a hostel owner that made me plain want to cry. I do not recommend this place to anyone. Save yourself the trouble.  ()
5  El Sol was the best place I could have wished to stay in. The owners were so nice! All the tenants were great, the location was great, and the building was beautiful. El Sol was different because it felt more like a home and less like a hotel. It was the only hostel I could find that made me feel this way. If you are going to be travelling for a long time I would recommend El Sol. It is not luxurious and fancy, so if you are looking for a place where breakfast is served and you have your own bathtub I would look somewhere else. However, if you are planning on seeing Buenos Aires for what it is and meeting amazing friends, I would recommend El Sol.  ()