Blue Parrot Backpackers

4 bed dorm
CourtyardReception
LoungeDining
Effie & SashaBuilding

How is Blue Parrot Backpackers rated on other websites?
4   Great staff, location Funky little hostel near Kings Cross. Could use a few more bathrooms. Much better than the massive corporate-feeling hostels. Pretty expensive for what you get, but most hostels in Sydney are outrageously expensive as it is.  , age 22, USA ()
4   Fun times Had a fun time there. Easy to meet people. Friendly atmosphere. Great if you're traveling alone. Going out every night with the entire hostel. Nice and helpful staff. However expensive and the kitchen is too tiny. Apart from that it's great.  , German ()
1   Pathetic! If you have been to any of the chain hostels, the standard here is pathetic. The kitchen is tiny -- it's great for a home but not for a hostel with so many of us. The bathrooms are badly maintained and don't even have toilet paper stock. And finally, it is in the red light area! Hardly the kind of place for a serious traveler!  , NZ ()
3   Good but ripoff This hostel is good and modern. I was looking for permanent accommodation in Sydney at the time. The Parrot refused to refund the nights I paid in advance when I finally found a place.  , Germany ()
5   Small, warm, and friendly I stayed at the Blue Parrot for a week, and loved it! The employees and the other guests were so friendly that I felt right at home, which was important to me as I was traveling by myself. It's in a nice, safe neighborhood, a little far from the CBD, but it's a nice walk across the Botanical Gardens or a short walk to the Kings Cross train station. I highly recommend!  , USA ()
4  Blue Parrot is not the best value for money you can possibly get, but it's nice, clean, and has a friendly atmosphere. It's also within walking distance of the city. What I found strange was that a check-out before 9 a.m. is an early checkout that has to be done the evening before. I hadn't read the sign and wasn't very popular with the receptionist after that.  , Germany ()
3  it's rather average, not too bad, but not too good either. for the dorm room rate you pay, one could expect more. it doesn't have any kind of decoration or an own character but merely provides the basic (facilities and cleanliness). some of the evening staff are rude and unhelpful, too. i moved to a hostel that was not only cheaper but also a lot better.  ()
5  I am an independent traveler and stayed in the blue parrot over the new year. Despite it being expensive, this hostel was an excellent choice. Of course, after the new year, the prices came down again so this wasn't an issue. I expect to spend a bit more over this period. The hostel felt like home as soon as I walked through the door. Christina and her daughters were really helpful. The free internet was also amazing -- a big advantage and money-saver too. I was looking to stay again in sydney in blue parrot but i left it too late, all fifty beds booked up. It's so popular and people know it.  ()
Blue Parrot Backpackers Reviews from the Web