Roebuck Bay Backpackers

How is Roebuck Bay Backpackers rated on other websites?
Roebuck Bay Backpackers Reviews from the Web
1   Where shall I begin? Well this hostel is one of the worst places I have ever stayed in! It does not have a swimming pool, the motel does. But then they close it for a week if a couple of guest got drunk around the pool (punishment for the rest of us who did nothing). The kitchen was awful, it stank, it was dirty and there was NO utilities! Prepare to bring plates, cups, cutlery, pans -- there was next to no room in the fridges. One freezer was out of order for over 2 months and still is, so expect to not have room for your food! Oven was useless, takes at least double the amount of time to heat up and cook food. Stairs are rotten and fell down them several times. Rooms are disgusting. Stayed here for over 3 months and only had it cleaned twice. Hotel is doing lots of cuts to save money, the result is a dirty, horrible hostel. Beds were AWFUL, you sleep on the bars, had to take another mattress to help stop the bruising. Aircon leaked, not to mention sounded like a helicopter. Needless to say, management didn't care and were very rude -- all they cared about was we're their next spliff was coming from. It's lucky dip with the keys, some get you in the gate at night, others are useless and you have to jump the gate to get in. Had countless infestations in the room, again nobody cared. Couldn't wait to leave this place, it doesn't even deserve one star. It has no Internet or wifi like advertised. Oh and the doors are rubbish, people have had lots of things stolen during my stay. When my door wouldn't close, I had to harass staff to get maintenance to fix it before I went to work (they wanted me to just leave it, even though the door wouldn't even shut) door broke again and they said they would send someone, they never did. So overall the kitchen was useless, the bathrooms accommodate the locals that want to shower there (sometimes you even get poo all over the wall and floor), the rooms were hot and the aircon was awful and it was more comfy to sleep on a table outside, probably just as safe, management was useless, the whole establishment is not wheelchair friendly, security throw your snooker balls into pockets before it closes, even if your in the middle of a game. Beds have bedbugs.This place is the ultimate dive and I wouldn't recommend this place to someone I didn't like, let alone a friend. Avoid at all cost, there is better hostels with better atmospheres in Broome!  , British ()
3  real dive of a place but kinda good for making a noise and not getting in trouble.  ()
4  I stayed here way back in 2000 and wish I was there now. There was a great atmosphere especially at night when everyone sat around outside. The facilities were very basic but I put up with that because it made up for that in other ways. As with many hostels it can really depend on the people staying whether you like it or not. I liked it also because there were lots of Aussies there who are often not allowed to stay in hostels for some reason. I am looking forward to staying again when I go back.  ()
4  This place has nice cool rooms, awesome people, and good nightlife.  ()