Garden House Hostel

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Garden House Hostel" at Avenida San Juan 1271.)

Avenida San Juan 1271, San Telmo, Buenos Aires (Capital Federal), Buenos Aires Province, Argentina
-34.622136, -58.384079 (accuracy not guaranteed)
www.gardenhouseba.com.ar
+54 (0)11 4304 1824

How is Garden House Hostel rated on other websites?

Highly recommend this Hostel
Originally planned to stay here for three nights and ended up staying three weeks. The location, facilities, beds and showers are all great. The real X factor with this hostel is the price and the staff. The staff become friends by the end of our stay. They consistently went out of their way to assist us in everything. This included booking a football tour, calling a Hostel for Carnival, ordering Chinese food and even taking us out to local shows and parties. I have probably stayed in around thirty hostels (including two in BA before Garden House) throughout my travels and this one stands above the rest as the best experience. Especially considering the price we paid for our beds.
Andrew and Ben
Age 23, Australia
2013-03-24

Great hostel
wow! this is a wonderful hostel. I stayed in many other places and kept changing but I think I will stay here until I leave Buenos Aires.
ivan
(ireland)
2007-07-28
  I stayed in this hostel for three nights -- little time, but it was perfect! I stayed with three friends in the "Four friends" room, it's really good, has a huge wardrobe. 8 dollars per night. The kitchen is ok, the living is super comfortable, the staff are great! I'll be back in Buenos Aires this Christmas, and I'll stay there again.
Aline Hackbart
2006-11-09
  Excellent hostel -- best that I've been to in South America. Smaller hostal with great common area condusive to meeting other travellers of all age ranges. Also great for couples as most double rooms are located a floor below the living area and kitchen and are a bit quieter. Book exchange, movie library, excellent location next to the subway so even though its a bit outside of the more touristy areas, its an easy seventy centado ride to nearly every area of the city. Only disadvantage is the subway shuts down at eleven p.m., but if you're looking for other folks to head out on the town with, they won't be hard to come across at this hostal and the cab rides are relatively inexpensive. Can book up so recommend making reservations in advance. Also, extremely helpful and friendly owners. Definitely recommended!
Erin
2006-07-07
  This place has really friendly staff and people. It's in a good location for the subway and San Telmo.
Marie
2004-10-25
  This is the best hostel we have stayed in so far. It has clean rooms that are made up each day, clean and hot showers, and excellent breakfasts. There is a great common room with TV and videos. There are also great, friendly staff, who couldn't do enough for us. Excellent. Everyone should stay there!
Janine and Sid
2004-06-15
  This is my favorite hostel!! Really nice people, spacious common rooms, beer, super video collection, and tourist info.
2004-02-16