Ostello A.I.G. Baia del Corallo

How is Ostello A.I.G. Baia del Corallo rated on other websites?
Ostello A.I.G. Baia del Corallo Reviews from the Web
2   BEDBUGS (40+ bites over 2 nights) I loved the location of this hostel. Very beautifully located by the water and mountain as your view every morning. However I only stayed there for 2 nights and left with over 40 bedbug bites all over my body. My roommate had been staying their longer and only had 10 on her body. So maybe if you aren't easily bitten like her you will be ok. But it's kind of gross to wake up with bites all over my body. So make sure this problem is fixed before you go. To be honest, if it wasn't for the damn bites, I would highly suggest this hostel, even though it takes 45 min by bus (2 different buses: 628 then 101) to get to the center of Palermo. Good Luck!  , USA ()
2   Looks like a polynesian theme Park, not really a typical hostel This hostel is organised in small bungalows of a few rooms each that share the balcony. It is actually far from the centre of Palermo and only a bus line connects you to the city, there is no other alternative. This means the way to the train station takes usually over an hour, even much longer if you are taking it in peak hours and get stuck thus in the chaotic traffic of Palermo. Breakfast is not included but you can get a mini breakfast if you pay a more than expensive prize for it. Staff is ok, but being the only common area in the hostel the TV room, there are not many chances to socialise with other backpackers. This hostel can be very adequate for people who like to travel by bike or like sailing, for the sea and beautiful small beach resorts are all around the hostel.  , Spanish ()
3   Nice place on the sea Be sure to bring your earplugs with you while staying in this hostel. Rooms have all a common balcony where guests usually spend the evening till late. The sea is just a few steps down, with direct access, but it's a rocky coast, no sand at all, so we decided never to stay there during our stay. The hostel is easily accessible with bus 628, which ends his journey in front of the hostel. It will not bring you in center Palermo, to go in center and/or central station you need to take then bus 101, so it can be long, around forty-five minutes. It's an ideal base to go to Segesta by train from Tommaso Natale station for example.  , Italian ()
4  April 2005: These official hostels can be empty in the week and full with school groups at the weekend, so book ahead. From the airport take the train to Tomasso Natale then 628 bus (but check that the guard has unlocked the carriage door or you're be going all the way to Palermo Centrale at 10 p.m. like me — not recommended). From the station it's the number 101 bus to the end, near a stadium, then the number 628 and bus driver will know where the hostel is if you ask. Location is great with hostel grounds on the coast, but it is a bit of a trek to Palermo. And make sure you see the rest of Sicily, too, there's so much out there!  ()
5  A very secure, clean hostel. So near Sferracavallo, and right on the water! I really liked the little inlets, which acted as our own private beach, even in the peak hours. The staff here were very good, but we found it frustratingly slow sometimes to get to the guarded fridge to retrieve our butter and water. The breakfast croissants were not the best, but the cappuccino that came out of their machine was surprisingly wonderful. Yum. I'd stay here again.  ()
5  Salvo was the best part of this hostel! He speaks five languages and is an absolute doll. Francesca was wonderful as well. The hostel has a gorgeous view of the gulf that sits in front of the village of Sferrecavallo, which is a ten-minute walk or two-minute bus ride away. The bus can also take you to the beach town of Mondello in twenty minutes, or to the city of Palermo in about an hour. The hostel is totally secure, and of the five hostels I stayed at in Italy, it was the cleanest and had the best facilities and most attentive staff. The two things I would like to see would be a community kitchen and laundry. Also, the fast-food croissants for breakfast were not that great. Considering that they have only been open since March I think that they will become the #1 hostel in Italy. Bravo! I hope to make it back in September!  ()
4  The staff here are great (Salvo and Francesca, especially). It is a beautiful place, right near the water, with a gorgeous view of the mountain and the city, and it's about a 30-minute bus ride from Palermo. I had a wonderful time here with no real problems, other than a bit of water on the floor in the shared bathroom in each room (probably expected, due to shower water). The main entrance is gated for security (including parking your car) and the bus line is right there. As expected, breakfast is similar to a packaged bread/croissant given in the morning, although I believe they recommended a place across the street if you want a full breakfast (8.50 Euro). All in all, the best hostel that I have been to...keep up the great work. See you in September!!  ()