Young & Happy Hostel

How is Young & Happy Hostel rated on other websites?
Gomio
Young & Happy Hostel Reviews from the Web
4   Very clean, and fun, social atmosphere! Guy at desk is super nice, and I met some really fun people -- atmosphere is great for socializing. Very clean except shower stalls are really humid but that's standard! Only complaint is that guests seem to have no respect for people sleeping -- including turning on lights in room at night and talking loudly in the morning while people are still trying to sleep. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone.  , age 21, Canada ()
5   A great hostel in Paris! Yes! Its true! a good hostel in Paris. Its in the cutest neighborhood with loads of bars and cheap restaurants because of the high student population. A short walk to a metro that can take you anywhere in Paris. Staff was super friendly and rooms were clean. Only negatives were the lack of outlets in the rooms and the showers were on the middle floor and weren't particularly clean.  , age 23, Canada ()
4   Great location, nice staff but could do with a bit of a clean The location is great close to cafes and bars. The notre dame and the Louvre are within walking distance and a quick and cheep cab drive to the Eiffel tower. The staff are very nice and helpful with any questions you may have. The free WiFi is great but only works on the first floor. The only down side is your not aloud in your rooms from 11am to 4pm for cleaning which does not really show for the amount of time they are up there for the floor was always dirty when we returned to our room so not to sure what they are doing up there for so long but other then that a great place to stay for a few nights. Remember its a hostel not a hotel.  , australia ()
3   Good location, nice people ... but that's about it Pros: the location is really great, the staff are very nice, free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, luggage storage room, 11am checkout. Cons: No lockers in rooms, no toilets on some floors, not particularly clean, too many beds in the room = no space for everyone's gear, Wi-Fi restricted to the communal areas, press button (timer) showers. All in all I enjoyed my stay here, but I'm not sure I could really recommend it. My 5 bed female dorm 'with en suite', had no toilet and the shower had a giant hole in the wall, so we all used the communal showers. For the price you pay, it could do with being cleaned up a bit; I guess it depends what you consider important in your accommodation.  , age 37, Australia ()
3   Pretty gross, but good location The one good thing about this hostel is the location, its about 20 minutes walk to Notre Dame, and is really close to a metro station. The staff were also very nice. However, this was not a very clean place. The showers had mold on them, and although the water temperature was good, you have to keep pressing a button every 30 seconds for water. I stayed in a 5-bed female en-suite; can't really call it an en-suite because the shower was unusable in the room and there also wasn't a toilet. Really tiny room as well. Also I am not sure if they change the pillow and blanket that are on the beds in between guests. Overall wasn't the worst, but I would have preferred something a bit cleaner for the price I was paying.  , USA ()
4   Warm, friendly, and nice people Laying in the heart of Paris, offering suitable clean rooms with a very sufficient offer of breakfast, internet, and everything you need, I would highly recommend this place for a short term stay (three to five days). I got to know new friends there and felt at home during my stay.  , Germany ()
4   Pretty good! I thought this place was, by youth hostel standards, really good. I was surprised to read that some people found it dirty or the staff a problem. I found it clean and the staff really friendly. I have stayed in many hostels around Europe and this was one of the best. Obviously really valuable items or large amounts of money shouldn't be left in the dorm rooms under any circumstances. As one person thought it was a cool idea to rail surf half naked down the staircase in spite of a previously read warning, you only have to think for a second that a normal person would not attempt such a silly thing and to think the Hostel is in any way to blame for this stupid act is absurd. The hostel was, at least in my experience (July 2007) a friendly, clean place with a fantastic location.  , Australian ()
1   Dirty and awful! we stayed there mid july for four nights. it was the worst hostel I have ever seen (and I've seen a lot of it!). To begin with, it's dirty everywhere -- especially the showers. there was mildew and hairs of other guests. you only take a shower there if it's really necessary! we were lucky to have our own sleeping bags, because the sheets were dirty as well. the only thing that was positive, that we met two cool guys there and that the staff was friendly. But I recommend you not to stay at young & happy hostel!  , Switzerland ()