Eight Elephants & Dreaming Dragon Hostel

How is Eight Elephants & Dreaming Dragon Hostel rated on other websites?
5   Possibly made my entire trip I traveled to Taipei by myself for study abroad in the Summer, and was worried that it might be a very lonely experience. Luckily, EE does an amazing job of promoting a welcoming, friendly atmosphere that I quickly met people that I believe will be the crux of my social network while I'm here in Taiwan. Great staff, cozy lodgings, and friendly visitors.  , age 22, America ()
5   Can never leave I've been to Taipei several times, and I always stay at Eight Elephants. It's just like my home away from home and the best hostel I've stayed at. Showers and toilets are really clean, they clean up every single day!  , Canada ()
1   Watch your back I arrived in Taipei at the beginning of the summer and knew that I needed to stay near the university. When I arrived here I looked like a confused tourist that had no idea about anything. This is exactly the type of person this hostel preys on. They hired a European to answer the door, presumably put foreigners at ease, and then told me that the room was only about 40$ US (just over 1000 Taiwan dollars). I forced myself to check just one other place before making the commitment, and found one for only 200 Taiwan dollars (less then 10$ US). Now I have been in Taiwan for three months and know that most hotels are cheaper then this hostel. Don't trust them, don't give in to your fear -- look around before getting snagged by these greedy people. If you want to pay western standard prices, stay in a hotel.  , Canada ()
5   Excellent I was here for four nights in October 2008. Fantastic place to stay, the staff are really friendly and the common area is a great place to meet people Everything was very clean, very nice showers. One of the best hostels I've stayed at.  , England ()
5  I definitely rate it as the best hostel I ever stayed. It locates in a convenient neighborhood for food, fun, and transportation. The decor is posh and funky, but cozy like a home, people friendly just like family. I met some really cool students and travelers from all around the world, including some open-minded locals. It's just an awesome experience! will definitely come back!  ()
Eight Elephants & Dreaming Dragon Hostel Reviews from the Web