Urbany Hostel Barcelona

How is Urbany Hostel Barcelona rated on other websites?
3   Decent Place with Children running everywhere This place is a nice facility, but lacks air conditioning.  , age 22, USA ()
4   Come on, a gym membership? This place has it all. The staff are hilarious too. My only problem with it is that it may be too big. I had issues in the kitchen, one of which was people stealing my food. Don't mess with my cookies.  ()
5   Go to Barcelona! Go to Urbany Hostel! Amazing hostel, very clean and friendly staff. I recommend!  ()
4   Hostel/hotel combined feel As a solo traveler the staff were cheerful and friendly. The facilities -- sports center, bar, wifi, internet access, kitchen -- were really good. Free breakfast and free club entry. The price for an 8 bed dorm at the time of staying was amazing for all this at the hostel. There was always uncertainty to who would be your room mates, maybe a little more thought could be done by the reception staff in getting this right. I'll be back soon -- overall thanks to Urbany staff!  , age 28, Hong Kong ()
2   Ok for the young and uninitiated backpacker I stayed during a short trip around Spain primarily because it was close to a friends house, so to be fair I wasn't immersing myself entirely into the social side of this hostel. It is bright, new, air conditioned and clean but it is very young. There was a school group in there and those who were older were mainly 17-21. It's doesn't have a backpacker vibe. It's large and nice enough, and although people were mixing in the bar it still didn't feel homey. I think it was mainly small groups rather than independent backpackers. The staff were smiling and courteous but the place is too big for them to genuinely have an interest in you. They just go through the motions. The beer in the bar was poor and not that cheap. They do arrange visits to clubs in the evening but during my stay I only went to the bar and people who said they went to the nights on a Monday and Tuesday said they weren't very good. The bathrooms were ensuite within the dorm which is a modern change to hostels which I just don't get. Yes you don't have to walk down the corridor in a towel but you find yourself waiting for your 5 roommates finish in the shower when there is a perfectly good and empty shower in the dorm next door which you can't access. There is little in the immediate area either, though the Metro is close. If I were 18 I may have given this 3 stars but either way there must be better in Barcelona than this. It feels like a money making chain hoping to be rolled out across Europe. The Starbucks of hostels. For kids.  , British ()
1   The rudest staff in all of Barcelona The manager of this hostel kicked out my two friends just because they lent us their key cards to use their bathroom. He would not listen to us nor was he the least bit sympathetic. He kicked them out at 1 am, no refund, and no place to go. Even when the police got involved, the guy wouldn't budge. Worst hostel staff ever and absolutely no "home" feel to this place. I would recommend going to a hostel that actually has character and friendly hospitality. If you like the business feel of a hostel with arrogant and rude managers, be my guest.  , USA ()
Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews from the Web