Nishijin Kanouya

How is Nishijin Kanouya rated on other websites?
Nishijin Kanouya Reviews from the Web
5   Excellent and charming My friend and I just returned from Japan and, the thing that stays with me most in my mind is, my stay at Nishijin Kanouya in Kyoto. Sayako is a warm and dedicated hostel manager who has an answer to almost anything my friend and I asked about Kyoto. His dedication to his guests' comfort is shown in the little things he does for the hostel. He has made it such that the hostel has a homey feel and is a great introduction to japanese-style homes. I definitely enjoyed my stay in Nishijin Kanouya.  , Singapore ()
5   Warm welcome and stay here If you follow the map and direction info, it's not too difficult to find this hostel. Though it's not in city center area, I think it's still convenient to travel to such well-known place as the Golden temple. Our group was warmly welcomed by the manager -- Sayoko san -- and we were warmly treated til we left. We will be back again.  , Thailand ()
5   Can't find enough good things to say about this hostel! My cousin and I stayed at Sayoko's Nishijin Kanouya hostel for five days in September and it was just wonderful. Sayoko is a charming, thoughtful, gentle person who genuinely wants to share his home and love of Kyoto with visitors from all around the world. Anyone wanting a warm and friendly traditional place to stay should visit. Whatever you want to do, Sayoko has a suggestion. Need a map -- it's there! Help with anything at all -- Sayoko will look after you. Nothing is too much trouble for him. We felt like we were staying with family. Staying at Nishijin Kanouya made our time in the lovely city of Kyoto even more special.  , Australia ()
5   Perfect Ok, this hostel is difficult to find at the first time. But if you arrive, you can call and the manager will take you from the bus station. What a service. And it is like this all the time. If you have got any question, Sayoko will try to answer. It is really great. The hostel is small and friendly, the rooms are clean, and the living room is warm. And because of the rooms are cold, in each bed is an electric blanket. I love them. The house itself is old and has got a really nice atmosphere. If you want sightseeing in Kyoto you can rent a bike, it is cheap and very good. Every bike is in perfect condition and Kyoto is great for cycling. In one word, this hostel is perfect. When I return to Kyoto I will stay there again, for sure. And, no I do not work there, I am just a german girl who really enjoyed the time in this hostel in Kyoto.  , Germany ()