Alaska Backpackers Inn

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Alaska Backpackers Inn" at 409 Eagle Street.)

409 Eagle Street, Anchorage, Alaska, USA
61.218271, -149.874702 (accuracy not guaranteed)
www.alaskabackpackers.com
+1 (907) 764-3521
907-868 1428

How is Alaska Backpackers Inn rated on other websites?

This is not a hostel, this is an SRO.
Multiple people clearly living here full time, mattresses are covered with bedbug covers. Spent two minutes standing in the room before deciding to leave, was told that we could not get our $100 back because the owner was very strict about no refunds. Requested the owners info and was given a defunct email. You'd be better off camping, there'd be fewer bugs. Total scam.
2016-08-28

Not so good
I can feel warm.
HSIENCHUN
Age 43, TAIWAN
2013-08-29

Cleanest and Safest Hostel I've Stayed In!
I highly recommend Alaska Backpackers Inn. The entire facility was clean, safe guarded with swipe cards and security cameras, and friendly staff.
Melissa
Age 27, USA
2013-06-12

Vary clean and affordable!
The Alaska Backpackers Inn was very affordable in a town where accommodations are expensive. The room was clean, neat, and quiet. The laundry room was available for reasonable times every day. The location was convenient to downtown and the Railroad Station.
Barbara
Age 74, USA
2013-06-11

Great location, great amenities
very clean, downtown location with good social area and kitchen. Better mattresses would've made my sleep more comfortable, but I'd stay here again.
wayne
(usa)
2013-05-29
  This establishment is poorly lighted with minimal low wattage bulbs and is very poorly cleaned. The beds have old style mattresses on inadequate spring frames. Bathrooms are dirty and the toilet rolls and paper towel dispensers are not refilled for several days when they are emptied. Kitchen facilities are oily, not cleaned properly, and cramped. There has never been a manager making rounds for cleanliness inspection during the entire week while I have been here. The site cleaning help do not clean properly or enforce the cleanliness rules that are published on most facility walls.
John D
2012-09-05

Great people, safe environment, excellent location
I love this hostel, one of the best I've ever stayed at! I stayed here 3 times in a trip, and was very pleased with the accommodations each time. The owner is very friendly, I felt very safe in the building, the downstairs kitchen and lounge area is a great place to meet people, and the bathrooms and bedrooms are great and clean. It's the perfect walking distance from downtown, but not on a super busy street that is noisy at night. Free internet is always a plus too. I will 100% stay here next time I'm in the area!
Hannah
2011-06-15

Filthy, pooly staffed, and rude.
The guy running the door when I called could not give me directions to the hostel from what turned out to be just 2 miles away. When I showed up, he made me wait 30 minutes while he tried to sell a package a previous guest had left behind the day before. Then, he sold me a bed in a room with no empty beds (not to mention the place is absolutely filthy). When I asked for my money back, the man at the desk called me an asshole. Unbelievable. It then took him 30 minutes to figure out how to refund my money. As a side note, the woman working their sister hostel in Girdwood was AMAZING and helped me fix the whole situation.
2010-07-11