Nur Pension

Nur Pension is a nice, cozy hostel in a former house. The shared rooms are clean, the breakfast is an assortment of Turkish breads, cheese, jams, olives, and tea. The common room is lined with carpets and pillows outside, and is a great place to hang out at night. The internet is free.

The showers are modern and clean, with very good water pressure -- a luxury compared to other Turkish hostels. It's on the opposite side of the train station, and five minutes to walk to the center of the town (it's a small town), and near restaurants and nargelah smoking joints. The neighbourhood is poor and undeveloped, and is beset with ancient columns around which the locals have built their town, making the entire area worthy of seeing in its own right -- and an example that ancient ruins can be lived around too, which is awesome. It's about a ten-minute walk from the bus station and five minutes from the train stop.

The owner or driver can drive you to all local ancient sites, including Ephesus, House of the Virgin Mary, and the temple of Artiumis for a fee, or if you happen make friends with the hostel staff, no fee.

by Funkyboodah
November 2008

How is Nur Pension rated on other websites?
Nur Pension Reviews from the Web
5   GREAT BARGAIN for a place that feels like home! This is the nicest place I have stayed in Turkey thus far and one of the best bargain values I've had in months (been backpacking 11 months). Ramazan and Ayoko, the new owners, invited me to join me for their dinner when I arrived after a long, exhausting day of travel from Canakkale. They had me picked up at the bus station and greeted with a smile, telling me to feel like I'm at home. I did! Whether you are a family traveling with kids or a backpacker and in need of a break from the 10-bed dorms (which can get a bit old after a while) this is the place for you! I stayed in the 3 bed dorm for a LOWER PRICE than my friend who were staying at ANZ and Boomerang guesthouses (also in Celcuk) in 8-bed dorms without A/C! In contrast, I stayed in Nur Pension's 3 bed dorm and there were no other guests in my 3 bed dorm and the A/C and wifi both worked GREAT. Slept great every night and was always greeted with a smile and offered tea by the employees of the Pension. The breakfast was great and the Pension and its bathroom were always clean. Was only planning on staying 2 nights but ended up staying 4 because it was so great. A great psychological break that really did feel like home and cost me less than most hostels I've stayed at. Bottom line, GREAT VALUE for outstanding comfort and service. Would definitely come back and recommend to anyone!  , age 30, U.S.A. ()
3  The personnel's attitude towards guests is really nice. As Tom is saying "If you are happy, we are happy," and they seem to follow this principle. Except room, they would offer some free services, as picking you up from the bus station, booking tickets, and free internet connection. And Tom might also help you with getting around on his car for a fee smaller than taxis. I've attended hostel in the winter, so in rooms it was cold (bu they provide warm for additional fee). Everything else is the best choice for the price they have (I think the price is the major high point).  ()