Antique Hostel - Guest House

The Antique Hostel is one of a plethora of hostels located in the Sultanahmet district of Istanbul - the area where most of the sights are, but be warned, also the area that gets a corresponding number of tourists and carpet salesmen. Fortunately this hostel is located in a quiet street and retains some of its charm, which most of the larger hostels have definitely lost.

The dorm rooms are located below the street level, and are nice and small, the largest sleeping six people. The rooms themselves are very functional, but they are clean and the beds are comfortable even if the bedding seems to be made for beds half the size.

Upstairs there is a very pleasant common room decorated with carpets and kilims, and an internet cafe. A small breakfast is included in the price. At the top of the stairs there is a small terrace with wonderful views over the sea of Marmara, a great spot for writing some postcards.

The atmosphere is cosy and friendly and conducive to meeting fellow travellers, and the owner is very helpful. This is certainly one of the better hostels to stay while exploring Istanbul.

September 2005
How is Antique Hostel - Guest House rated on other websites?
Gomio
Antique Hostel - Guest House Reviews from the Web
5   One of the Best Hostel in Turkey I am just back from Istanbul and i have had the pleasure and luck to choose and stay at Antique Hostel. honestly, i feel short of words to inform u guys that it was just exceptional staying in home like environment. I consider it even better than so many four and five star hotels as it just wasting of money because this hostel and its administration looks after u really like a VIP. It is located right in the heart of Istanbul in Sultan Ahmet Area surrounded by all famous tourist places around. i Wana write pages for this hostel, in short i would say guys just go once there u will consider yourself lucky. it is the cheapest among all also. I extend all appreciation for the management of Antique hostel for providing such an excellent facilities at very little expense.  , Pakistan ()
5   Great! Excellent conditions, good location, clean rooms and bathrooms, friendly staff, this place has all the characteristics of a good hostel. I would go there again without any hesitation!  , Macedonia ()
4   Good place We loved staying here. The terrace is excellent for food and the views. Very helpful staff. Highly recommend for location as well.  , Australian ()
5   Clean, well located, and great staff! I traveled all around Asia and I therefore I stayed in many guesthouses and hostels. I was in a private room with its own toilet and shower. I really liked Antique Hostel for many reasons. The staff was very helpful even at midnight, and whatever the problem was. The location is perfect as it is in the middle of the old town and at 5-10 minutes walking distance from the main touristy places -- Aya Sofia, the blue mosque. It was clean. The terrace is very nice for breakfast and an evening drink!  , Morocco ()
4  If you are on Antique Hostel page, that means that you are looking for something affordable but nice and cozy -- stop looking any further, this is the right place for you. Trust me, I searched all that is in this category, and by far this is the best offer. They have my recommendation, I am very satisfied with my weekend there.  , Serbia ()
5   Really Great People are nice, the breakfast is actually more than acceptable, the rooms are clean. I planned to stay there for two nights only and finally stayed a all week! Definitely a great place to enjoy Istanbul and the stambouliotes!  , France ()
4   Good hostel I liked Antique, it is not like hostel -- like a family apartment. Volkan is playing guitar majestically, his Nirvana's "Rape me" mix was excellent. Cosy rooms, balcony with a beautiful view where i was siting and eating supper. I advice you this hostel.  , Azerbaijan ()
4   Great Location, friendly staff, good food, satisfying basic hostel I very much enjoyed my stay at the Antique Hostel. Amazing location in Sultanahmet just five minutes from The Blue Mosque, Aya Sophia, and the great Arasta Bazaar, and the Basilica Sistern. Great healthy basic breakfast, very friendly and helpful staff, clean room. Maybe the mattress could have been softer but I am not expecting cushy accommodations at a great economy price. I especially loved walking back out each night to stand in the park looking at the Blue Mosque and the Aya Sophia all lit up and astounding with the gulls circling above, and then to eat breakfast looking out over the Bosphorous and the Sea of Marmara. I will happily go back.  , USA ()