Broadway Hotel & Hostel

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Broadway Hotel & Hostel" at 230 West 101 Street.)

230 West 101 Street, Manhattan - Upper West Side, New York City (NYC), New York, USA
40.797929, -73.969951 (accuracy not guaranteed)
www.broadwayhotelnyc.com
+1 (212) 865-7710
12128652993

How is Broadway Hotel & Hostel rated on other websites?

They overcharged me
The hotel charged me 110USD by mistake because they ignored my notification of late arrival and charged me the first night as no-show. Even though I sent a lot of emails looking for a solution to the problem, at first they were replying but at some point they simply ignored me and never refunded the money. So they basically stole 110USD out of the credit card I registered at the booking site, without me signing any voucher or anything. The staff is not very friendly or attentive, they could not answer some questions about basic touristic services like bus tours. The wi-fi signal was really unstable too. The only thing that I valued was that it was clean and the heat worked well.
Gala
Age 29, mexican
2015-02-11

Adequate but too expensive
NYC is expensive, I get it, but this place isn't worth $40 a night for a 2 bed dorm. Rooms are bare bones, which I'm used to, but the window was broken and wouldn't close all the way and the fan looked like it was going to fall out of the ceiling. The door to the hall loudly slams shut whenever it closes and they charge you hourly to use the computers downstairs, which is ridiculous. The location is cool as all the museums are a lovely stroll through the park away and the train can get you downtown, but I think one can find a better place for the price.
Nick
Age 22, California
2014-04-06

Great service, would stay again.
Great location for traveling around Manhattan, spacious and very well maintained lounge with lots of comfy seats, very friendly staff. Rooms have mirrors, sinks, good heating, lockers, and free bathroom towels daily. Two showers per floor means no huge lineups in the morning. Free wifi in lounge. Breakfast in the lounge is pricey, but there's a Subway and McDonald's within three blocks, never mind all the coffee places and ethnic diners. Would absolutely stay again.
Jenia
Age 25, Canada
2013-12-21

Warm people. Polite staff. Comfie bed.
It was amazing staying at Broadway, I felt like did The right choice. Staff were always friendly.
Cleyton
Age 28, Brazil
2013-09-25

Pleasantly surprised
We had a double bed private room and I was pleasantly surprised when we got there and found an air conditioning and our own bathroom. The room was updated recently as was the lobby. The place was very clean and comfortable. I will be staying here again and recommending it.
Dick
Age 23, USA
2013-07-20

Good
Really enjoyed the stay!
Mary
2012-10-11

Least Favorite Hostel
I stayed in Broadway for a conference in June 2010 and I expected it to be like all the others I had stayed at in the past. It's a very odd place, not near any of the tourist spots, on a side street. The staff weren't terribly friendly, but they weren't outright rude either. Not good at all for socializing. Everyone sits in the common room in front of the tv or computers, not saying a word to each other. The kitchen was very small for how many people they have. They've gotten in trouble for having too many people in the past. The rooms are odd, with only one bunk bed and no other furniture, with cheap Ikea decorations. No drawers, no table, just the floor to put your bags. No lockers either. The hallway bathrooms were fine, but didn't seem like enough for how many people were staying there. Not impressed. Would not go back.
Caroline
2011-09-04

Not quite what the pictures make out...
Well we stayed in a 4 bed dorm for 10 days when visiting New York and altho the room was very clean it is nothing like what the pictures make out!! First of all the lift was broken when we arrived and carrying a 28kg suitcase up to the 7th floor was not much fun (or having to take the stairs everytime you left the building wasnt great!) The bathrooms were very 'used' and kinda grungy but the main problem was that you were sharing 5 bathrooms with about 50/60 people so unless you got up at 6 in the morning you had to wait in line to get into them! There was not much social interaction in the hostel, the common room was great with the tvs but there was not really any where to just sit and chat to other backpackers. And the kitchen didnt have any utensils which didnt make cooking very easy! All in all its a clean hostel and for the price its not bad if you want somewhere quiet to stay and the location is excellent.
Ashley