Hostel Marko Polo

How is Hostel Marko Polo rated on other websites?
Hostel Marko Polo Reviews from the Web
4  clean rooms and bathroom, friendly and informative owner, minute to Baščaršija.  , age 40, SLOVENIAN ()
1   Hesitate before booking I made a booking in Marco Polo hostel in executive double bed private with WC. But I have never been there. When we arrived to the place we have met a man who told us that is representative of Marco Polo. He confirmed the room is ready and waiting for us. But he conducted us to the other place on the other street. Of course he did not tell us the reason but it was quite simple. Marco Polo was overbooked. There was no room in Marco Polo which we booked although we had a confirmation in our hands! The room which he showed us, in my opinion, was ugly. Then again, we paid for the room with double bed and private wc. There were two separate beds and wc outside the room shared with some other people. We were trying several times speak to the man responsible for that. No result. I feel cheated, I did not get what I paid for. Unfortunately my advice cannot be different, do not book here!  , Poland ()
3   Little strange but clean and comfortable. I am in Sarajevo right on the moment I write this, staying in the Marco Polo. The guy looks like he is in a hurry, and he is, as he runs three more hostels. The hostel is indeed his house, so you could end up in the living room with TV, or in a bedroom with closets stuffed with clothes from his mam. But, despite all this, the owner is very friendly, the water (douche, sink) is warm, they have a washing machine, the beds (and everything) are clean, and you get lots of clean towels. You can bargain. We paid 30 euro for two, but others paid 25.  , the Netherlands ()
3  This hostel is actually someone's flat and she has a couple of rooms with bunk beds. The lady is very friendly although her English is basic but you will be ok. The location is great and minutes from the center. The facilities are basic. There are no lockers but the rooms have keys. Personally I find places like this a bit uncomfortable because they are someone's home but you are made to feel welcome. I would have thought being as Bosnia is so cheap there probably are cheaper options if you look but you will have a nice stay if you choose Marco Polo.  ()