USA Hostels Hollywood

Our relaxing lounge is the site of many late night activities

USA Hostels Hollywood is highly recommended thanks to its immense activity schedule, location, and cleanliness.

The hostel is located just off of Hollywood Boulevard and within easy walking distance of several famous Hollywood sites, including the Kodak Theatre and the Chinese Theatre. The closest subway stop is at most a ten-minute walk and the hostel is easy to locate and provides great directions on its website.

USA Hostels Hollywood offers private rooms in addition to bunks. All rooms offer ensuite bathrooms. Inside the rooms, each guest has access to a generously sized locker that features a power point inside offering security when charging electronics. Room sizes vary from private to semi-private and dorms with six or eight guests. Female or mixed options are available.

The hostel offers a guest kitchen and provides all-you-can-make pancakes and oatmeal for breakfast. Coffee and tea are available all day. A computer room holds paid access computers, however Wi-Fi is free. Upstairs the hostel has a common room featuring a bar, television, multiple couches, and a foosball table that is converted to a beer pong table nightly.

The hostel offers an enormous amount of activities for guests, some paid and some free. Daily they offer tours or evening events a sample of which include pub crawls, limo tours, walking tours of Beverly Hills, hiking to the Hollywood sign, and a free Venice Beach shuttle service. These activities foster interaction between guests and are perfect for both the solo traveler or groups looking to meet other guests.

Summary

USA Hollywood boasts a great location and possesses a very social and fun atmosphere with its various activities and is highly recommended as a safe and clean option for anyone traveling to the Hollywood area.

July 2010

Video
How is USA Hostels Hollywood rated on other websites?
USA Hostels Hollywood Reviews from the Web
5   Excellent hostel this is the first time for me to stay at a hostel. before i came i was very concerned about everything. but once i arrive, my concerns are all gone. this hostel is such a good place for backpackers. room is clean, bathroom is quite good, they do cleaning the room everyday. you will have your own locker so remember to bring a lock with you. stuffs of this hostel are down-to-earth friendly and helpful!!! and the hostel has many tours that you can join in. also they have free shuttle to santa monica beach every week, so many things to do. i will stay here again next time!!!
Response from the accommodation: Thank you so much for the great review. We're glad we could make your concerns disappear! We hope you also try our hostels in San Diego and San Francisco. Happy Travels!  , CHINA ()
4   Great location, helpful staff After staying in hostels all over Europe, I decided to stay at a hostel in my home country for one night before staying with my CouchSurfing host. I arrived at 1 a.m. and there was still someone at the desk, ready to help. My room was dark, but I dropped everything and crawled into bed. Comfortable beds. I like that they had en suite bathrooms and power points on the bunks. There are also magnets to claim your bed. I had my free breakfast the next morning of tea, pancakes and cereal. After exploring in Hollywood, which is right around the corner, I spent the day waiting for my CS host and using the free wireless. I didn't go upstairs, but they have a common area up there too. I found nothing wrong with this hostel.  , USA ()
4   Good, especially if you want to party I was only here for two nights in May, I wasn't actually that keen on visiting LA but was in transition between an organised tour and another part of my trip so mainly spent the time sleeping and doing laundry. However, the hostel is very well located for the Hollywood area, but bear in mind Hollywood is not a particularly pleasant area! The hostel itself though feels very safe. There are some very impressive facilities -- the bar, the computers (the only hostel that I found in twomonths traveling the States that has Skype set up with webcams on their computers! Bonus points for that!) and the best hosteling idea ever -- the power sockets inside lockers, so you can charge your phone/camera without fear of it being swiped! Why don't all hostels do this? Its not the cleanest or most spacious hostel, and not the quietest as its certainly a party hostel. But my only real complaint was that the toilets got blocked very easily and the staff response was have you tried unblocking it yourself?! (although otherwise staff were very helpful!). The organised events seemed great, the BBQ I went to was fun, and apparently the limo ride is amazing! So, in summary, if you want to meet people and party in Hollywood, a great hostel! If you're less keen, still a good safe place to stay with lots of amenities.  , UK ()
3  Compared to its sister hostel in San Diego, USA Hollywood has a lot of catching up to do to capture its hostel charm. Kinda built like a prison, the multiple concrete rooms had other rooms attached, all sharing one bathroom with shower. Additional showers were available, but in awkward locations (TV room? common!) where it looked like, only the people working there were using at times. Outings were phenomenal and had great nights planed every night. The bbqs were cheap, but hey, for the price it was good. Dont let the area full you, Hollywood is a dirty part of town, full of homeless and crazies. But if you stick to the main streets and stay with the hostel group, you should be fine. No bigger groceries stores were close, area full of bodegas and smaller markets, but was able to survive with no prob. Kitchen and areas were super clean as to be expected with the USA lineup of hostels. The staff just seemed to be into their own group with the exception of staff guys constantly hitting on the foreign girls. All in all, this hostel was just ok. Good for a few days stay.  , USA ()
4   Nice, nice! We went to this hostel in May 2008. We chose this hostel due to its location. Very well located -- minutes walk to services nearby and barely more to Chinese Theater. Nothing bad to say, the place is fun, very clean, they organize tours and have prices to Universal Studios. We really appreciated the staff -- they were very nice, fun, and helpful!  , France ()
5   Just a great place to collapse after a fourteen-hour flight I have stayed at this hostel several times, over the years, including for two days each in March and September 2007. The staff are wonderful, the facilities all that is required, and the beds comfortable. The bathrooms are cleaned daily, as are the bedrooms and common areas. Lockers for each bed gives one the security to go out and enjoy the sights without worry. The organized activities and community meals are taken up by a large majority of the guests. And in times of need, the staff are not only friendly, but ever so helpful. Being old enough to be the mother of most guests and staff, and the grandmother of some, I really appreciated the help from Erin when I unexpectedly became quite ill. I would highly recommend this hostel to all travelers of any age.  , Australia ()
2   Drunken Girls having Sex with Stangers -- in OUR room! Hated it. They go off to bars, then, come back around 2-3 AM, and start to have SEX in a DORM room, LOUD as we tried to sleep -- then told the front desk clerk, and he tried to excuse them, as ONE of the sex person was a WORKER THERE -- so they cover up for each other at YOUR expense! We checked out the next day! have all the sex you want, but do it discreetly somewhere ELSE but a dorm! Respect yourself and the others in the room!  , American ()
4   Very good a very good place to get in Hollywood! pretty clean, cool breakfast, really nice staff (except maybe one). got there to go to coachella. staff helped us out for everything, how to go there or there. didn't have much time to party but i guess it s cool. didn't manage to sleep well on saturday night because of drunk guys in the hostel. really good location in hollywood and L.A. many offers for city tours, amusement parcks, car rentals three minutes' walk and walk of fame within one minute. should come back!  , france ()