Las Vegas Hostel

Las Vegas Hostel is located on the Fremont Street, which is close to the former city center of Las Vegas. This area has been revived with the Fremont Street Experience (containing bars, food court, casino, clubs), which is definitely a must-see in Las Vegas.

The Location<

The current city center, which is called The Strip, is reachable from the Fremont Street Experience by buses that run twenty-four/seven to the strip. Also, the hostel is not far from there by cab; it obviously depends from where you start. It's easy findable by car and not too far away from the Greyhound station and airport.

Make sure that you contact the hostel upfront so they can organize a pick-up. They have a driver available. There is also parking available, which is on the same property and therefore accessible from the hostel and fenced for security.

The rooms and bathrooms are very clean and the hostel is in general clean and also kept this way.
The building is not the newest, so some things -- like the floor and some carpets -- look used.

There are dorm rooms and also private rooms with queen-size beds available. These rooms give more the impression of a hotel than a hostel, since they have a fridge for drinks, towels, and shampoo available. The doors to the dorms and to the private rooms is to be opened with a key card.

The center of the hostel is the pool and whirlpool area, with surrounding deck chairs, which invite you to sunbathe in the heat of the desert sun. Besides the sun-bathing, the hostel offers a pool table and air hockey in the common area next to the bar and kitchen. The kitchen is well equipped and invites guests to cook. There are big fridges available for storage. Also the surrounding area offers typical American food. The breakfast is included and there is there is free tea and coffee available.

In general, we can say that the atmosphere is very relaxed and we would describe it is a fun and party hostel where service and the interest of the guest are held high. The surrounding area offers drinks and food and it's not far to the nightlife and the strip. The Fremont Street Experience is part of the must-go places in Las Vegas and around the corner from the hostel. The hostel offers a range of activities -- we enjoyed the tour to clubs in a limo on the weekend and also the free BBQ. Also there are pub crawls and other activities scheduled. With the freebies and events, there is always entertainment and stuff to do.
by Martinthegerman
August 2014

Fremont Street Experience
Look from the outside
Street outside hostel
Whirlpool and deck chairs which are not only used during the day

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "Las Vegas Hostel" at 1322 Fremont Street.)

1322 Fremont Street, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
36.164678, -115.130895
+1 (702) 385-1150
+1 (702) 385-2831

How is Las Vegas Hostel rated on other websites?

Basic service and environment
Essential equipment with unclean common place, and passive service attitude for renewing the service in common place. Though, it still provide the basic living quality.
Age 22, Taiwan
i think this place is comfortable for me about journey. it is close to downtown and the price is suitable about place.
Age 25, Thai
This is the worst hostel I have ever stayed in, in my entire life!! Aside from it being in the slums if LV (which is really out of the hostels control and doesn't really matter to me) It was terrible. I booked a private room which was described as "bright and clean" but in reality it was dim and dirty. There were cockroaches on the floor, random hairs everywhere, our T.V. did not work, and our refrigerator froze everything we put in it. We complained about these things on our first night and they were NEVER FIXED. On top of our room being bad, the pool is filthy and the hot tub isn't even hot it is just a mini-pool with green water in it. The staff here SUCKS! They are no help at all, don't bother complaining to them they will just call you liars and dismiss you. MONIKA the manager at the time was a total and complete jerk. I really have super low standards and this hostel couldn't even meet those. It was terrible I will never return here again.
Gabby and Debbie
Do not go here
this place is an absolute disgrace and very scary. we couldn't even go to get milk in the morning without being attacked by bums. we had stayed at the sister hostel in san francisco and loved it, so thought this would be similar. nothing in common. everything is out of service, no guests there, a couple miles to the strip and very dangerous area. if you are girls traveling, avoid this hostel.
Great fun, even if it is in downtown!
Traveling to Vegas by myself, I decided to be nontraditional and stay in a hostel -- and it was well worth it! The hostel is really nice with a pool and hot tub. Rooms are spacious and en-suite. The location is a little sketchy, in downtown Vegas, but there is good food next door and a 7/11 down the street for basic needs. If going to the strip, I suggest grabbing roommates and taking a taxi -- the Ace bus is RIDICULOUSLY slow. The hostel organized events are GREAT -- I did the limo club crawl and it was AMAZING!! I was there over Easter and they had an Easter egg hunt which was lots of fun. The hostel also helped me book a Grand Canyon Tour. The fact is -- if you're going to Vegas with friends, there are plenty of cheap hotels that you should really stay in. But if you're alone, and you want to make friends, I can't think of a better place to stay than this hostel. It's not perfect, but it's got charm.
Waste of your money
I booked this through a hotel booking website. They screw up reservation by reserving it for only 2 people (I had 4) & indicating price for juts 1 person. Price is per person not per room. Same approach used for hotel rooms don't work for hostels. So, if you really want to go here (which I don't recommend) book directly through their own website. If there are 2 or more people its better to stay in a hotel (even on Las Vegas Strip) for the same price. We ended up paying $100+ for 4 people per night. Wish I spend same money on a hotel in Strip. Most hotels have unfilled room that you can just walk-in (this was my 1st time, so I didn't realized before hand). Room was ok but not that good. Neither the bath room. Bed covers were not clean & too much of use. So many funny rules; no food, no tub use. Has a kitchen, but all utensils are useless. Too far away from all the fun. Spend your hard earned money on somewhere else.
Bad hood, strange rules, rude staff, avoid!
I made a last minute trip to Vegas when I lived in San Diego and thought I'd try this place out. Made a reservation on their HIGHLY DECEPTIVE website. Well 1st of all it is in the most scuzzy, crack head infested, bum hood in most of LV. THEN THEY WOULDN'T ALLOW ME TO STAY BECAUSE I HAD NO PASSPORT ??? I'M USA CITIZEN AND CAN'T STAY AT STUPID USA HOSTEL?? They were of NO help where to go so I walked to a nearby dodgy looking casino and got blasted off their cheap booze and actually stayed there for 20 bucks. The next day I walked to another hotel and got a room for 2 more days just walking up for $24.99 a night. AVOID this rude dump and stay in a clean PRIVATE ROOM. Even if you're a group you can get two beds and fit 4 people in a room. And have your own bathroom and no hassles. Maybe it's OK with a large group but if your single and especially female stay away!
Chuck F
USA Hostels Las Vegas is out of the Strip and its casinos, but on the same street as the Freemont Street Experience and the oldest Las Vegas hotels/casinos. Location USA Hostel Las Vegas is pretty easy to find when arriving by car -- from the West, follow Charleston until 13th street and turn left onto Freemont Street. From the Eas, follow Charleston to 13th street and make a right turn onto Freemont Street. There is some parking available in the back, otherwise street parking on 13th and 14th streets. Rooms and Bathrooms This hostel is a converted motel and offers dorms as well as some private rooms for two to four persons. There is a swimming pool and a hot tub on premises. All dorms and rooms have ensuite bathroom, but it can only be used by one at a time as shower and WC are together. Common Spaces There is a well equipped kitchen and a small dining area. There is also a pizzeria next door if you don't want to cook. There is a pretty large lounge with a couch, a bar with few chairs, and a pool table. These are quite nice places to meet other fellow travelers, as are the swimming pool and hot tub. The music plays loud until 10:30 p.m., when everyone disappears to the Strip and its casinos. There is a barbecue on Sunday. They have very friendly and helpful staff that will help you out with car rental, flights, and your next overnight stop. They have four computers for cheap internet access. Summary This hostel remains pretty anonymous -- it's really good value including "all you can cook" pancakes breakfast. We'll probably stay here again next time.

Rate Las Vegas Hostel