HI - Austin Hostel

360° Panorama (exclusively on Hostelz.com)

Lady Bird Lake
Private Room
Dorm Room
Dorm Room
Common Area
Patio
Common Area

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "HI - Austin Hostel" at 2200 South Lakeshore Boulevard.)

2200 South Lakeshore Boulevard, South Austin, Austin, Texas, USA
30.245140, -97.723304 (accuracy not guaranteed)
www.hiusa.org/austin
+1 (512) 444-2294
+1 (512) 444-2309

How is HI - Austin Hostel rated on other websites?

Great Hostel on a lake in an amazing city
HI Austin isn't located right in downtown, but the bus from the airport stops right up the street, and its location on the river and boardwalk trail make it an amazing spot to wake up and relax when you're not out exploring. Common areas include cozy the cozy indoor sitting area and kitchen, with large bright windows looking out over the lake, and the patio just outside with seating and a hammock in the sun. It's great starting the day with breakfast outdoors away from the noise of the city. Activities throughout the week are a good introduction to other guests and the city, and bike rentals let you get around to downtown or the Barton Springs very quickly. A large pharmacy, Starbucks, and some takeout restaurants are walking distance. Food trucks are also nearby in different lots.
Age 27, Canada
2015-12-27

Hi Austin
Great place -- nice, friendly, close to downtown, inspiring kitchen, near Ladybird Lake. I love being a traveler. Great place. Nice people.
Joyce Carter
Age 32, United States
2015-11-22

Clean beds, homeless shelter look.
I liked the city and the location wasn't too hard to get to (just a bus ride from the amtrak), however, the place seemed outdated, like it was a bomb shelter awaiting a revamp that it couldn't afford because the taco shacks next door were too dirty and un-business like. The beds were good and the bathroom was clean, but i was upset with the breakfast and the whole ordeal of finding the place.
Orlando
Age 33
2014-09-18

Will Stay Again!
I really enjoyed my stay at this location. Staff very friendly. They make sure you have everything you need. The place is very well kept. Can't beat the price and it includes a continental breakfast. My only suggestion for improvement is disinfecting of the showers. They were clean but never had the fresh smell of pine sol. The rooms were clean and the beds were just fine. I'll be staying here again in the coming months.
Bridget
Age 44, United States
2014-07-31

Always love it here!
Love love love the location. And the pancakes.
Leslie
Age 24, USA
2013-03-24

Very nice stay!
what a fantastic place to stay. very helpful staff. clean beds and lots of room to make yourself at home. nice area of town to be. i had a car, but bus line is not far away. very well kept place. will be back again. felt like home. lots of very nice people to visit with from all countries abroad. cannot say enough great things about my stay.
nathan day
(usa bedford texas)
2011-07-21

SXSW
I stayed here for a week, had no problems of any kind. Staff were courteous and friendly. Location is beautiful, five-minute walk to bus routes. People I met were mostly from Europe and very cool to talk to. I would stay here again without hesitation. Austin is a great city to visit.
steve 0.
(usa)
2011-03-26

Meh
Sure it was super clean and the location is beautiful, but I really wasn't thrilled with this place. For one thing, my friend reserved it online, and when we got there, she ended up having to pay like $10 more than she was expecting, because of some kind of fee that's not listed on the web site. It was still only about $25/person, but I don't like the idea of "hidden fees." Also, The girl who checked us in kept cutting us off, and I thought she was really rude. She was rude to the people who checked in after us, too. It's a good place to crash if you just need somewhere quiet to get some rest, but I felt like I was in a library.
Monica