HBC Hostel

(Location is approximate. You may need to pan/move to find "HBC Hostel" at Nagymező u.49.)

Nagymező u.49, VI. district, Budapest, Hungary
www.hbchostel.eu
+36 1 269 02 44
+36 1 269 02 44

How is HBC Hostel rated on other websites?

My stay here wasn't a very clean one!
HBC hostel located on the outskirts of the centre of Budapest is one of the worst ever hostels I have stayed in. The location and price was not the problem as they were both ideal (which made me book my stay here) but during my short stay here I found out a few things which if I knew in advance then I wouldn't of stayed here and I could have book somewhere else. On arrival, the staff didn't know anything about our reservation from a hostel-booking website and took them at least an hour to resolve the problem and what didn't help matters is that the staff didn't speak English and could muster a few words in German. Also they are native Croatians and not Hungarians (thought I'd mention that). Then when everything was sorted we had an 8 bed dorm all to ourselves, me and my friend. That was great as that meant plenty of space to throw our luggage about and use all the electrical plugs to charge up our phones and cameras, but the beds were all bunk beds made out of rubbish weak steal metal which is even worse than IKEA products. So if you are a heavy person, expect the legs on the bed to bend. Also I am sure the bed sheets weren't cleaned and I was debating whether of not to sleep on the sleep as that looked so much cleaner. Then the killer blow came when I went into the wash rooms on two occasions and found out that whoever was using the shower before me was doing something rather naughty and putting pubic hairs everywhere, and the plug was clogged up with long hair! Ewwwwwww. It wasn't a pleasant experience and I just stayed in there for a minute or two, a drip of water on my hair and I was out of there! The kitchen area wasn't cleaned and I certainly wouldn't leave anything in the fridge or cook anything over the oven. There was not any breakfast provided here and I stuck to the nearby McDonald's or supermarket for food which are located nearby. I was not happy with my stay here and I wished I stayed somewhere else.
Danik